Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If my father is a natural, but I was sheltered...

Reaction score
How do I overcome this?

My father preaches the "be a man" story all the time. The rest of the time it's sports and work.

He doesn't talk about work, he'll tell me to shut up if I bring anyhing up.

There is more, but it wouldn't serve a purpose to say.

I only have a question.

I've forgotten what it means to explore the world.

Work, learning, and playing games is what I am all about.

I am no philosopher, I don't seek to change the world. I am not a writer, I don't want to sound boastful with the way I play with my words. I am a man... a man that doesn't fret over how much respect he gets. I am a man that says wha is on his mind, and accepts what is given to him.

There are a million different ways to be a man, but the simplest, to me, is the most enjoyable.

I'll stay home on the weekends reading, or I'll go out, to talk to friends. I'll go to the bar and get rip wasted and laugh about what I did the night before. I'll run outisde my house in the rain, and just kept running to see what thoughts enter my mind.

I lived a sheltered life. I don't relate that well to other people. I have tried, but we can only agree on the most basic of things. Since I want to learn, I choose to follow. I followed my parents my entire life, they sure helped me, but there was ALWAYS something missing. I remember when I was 7 years old I began my 5 year plan to run away when I turned 12. Nothing ever came of it, because I stopped desiring to be my own man before I turned 10.

If I could finish what I started, I would be happy. I don't know what to say after what I said above. If I could accuse myself of something, I would, but it is not in my nature.

I feel so bad about myself when I think of life this way. I just don't understand.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still have the same problem. If your father is a domineering type your not going to grow as a man if you are being continiously being put down by him. It gets impress into your subconcious mind.
(I have this theory that Alpha-male fathers dont make good fathers. Especially for guys. Its like two Roosters in a barn They will fight and one "needs" to dominate the household).

You have to understand (or learn the hard way) your parents arnt going to support you all your life. I lived a sheltered life myself but I know you still have to get out into the Real World (the sooner the better). Dont waste your youth away; you'll never get it back and you'll live with regrets (like I do).

Perhaps you have social anxiety??? Maybe learning some self esteem/having a back bone is the problem??? There are good books on the subject and therapies for it (the NLP approach is a good method) or see a license proffesional. You could model yourself to others to get the qualities you are looking for.

Being a good follower is good only to a certain extent in life but in the end it gets you no where. Its like sheeps walking off the cliff one after another. Dont go through life blindly. Learn to take care and support yourself without the help of others. Learn to grow as a human.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its trying to learn how to over come one's 'deck in life' so to speak is the challenge.
Theres good books out there on assertiveness as well.

Last edited: