If men weren't hypergamous themselves?

HumbleNinja

Banned
Reaction score
If men weren't hypergamous themselves wouldn't they simply stick to banging hippos and poor chicks with nothing to offer them rather than trying to learn game to get better quality chicks? Or are we to assume only chicks are hypergamous?

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
Men want to bang the most sexually attractive women. Banging a hippo is like banging a farm animal or a man. What pleasure do you get from that?

The more you troll on this site you more you convince me that you are really an angry, unemployed, bedridden, feminist dyke.

Have fun trolling. :up:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HumbleNinja said:
If men weren't hypergamous themselves wouldn't they simply stick to banging hippos and poor chicks with nothing to offer them rather than trying to learn game to get better quality chicks? Or are we to assume only chicks are hypergamous?
I say most people try to date up if they can. Men and women want hot mates. No news flash there.

PS - evo psych is bs that picks and chooses which parts of human history and behavior it wants to ignore or not. Theres a reason its not generally accepted by many as a valid science. Psychology in general is seen as bunk by many.

HumbleNinja

Banned
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
Men want to bang the most sexually attractive women. Banging a hippo is like banging a farm animal or a man. What pleasure do you get from that?

The more you troll on this site you more you convince me that you are really an angry, unemployed, bedridden, feminist dyke.

Have fun trolling. :up:

So you agree men are hypergamous too.

Guess when you get your own nonsense thrown back at you you have to claim "troll" in a lame effort begging me to stop trashing you.

You're a hurt little boy Fearherwoman. Some chick did a number on you didn't she.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand what is meant by hypergamy. I thought it applied to marriage, as in "marrying up." Or does it apply to sex and dating, or is it about having as many sexual partners as possible?

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypergamy is basically just the drive to mate with those of higher status than you. Men don't give a fvck about high status, we're mostly concerned about looks. How many men do you know who's actively trying to date up? Men simply don't do it nearly as much as females do.

Be honest HumbleNinja, you know you've been trolling the hell out of this forum since before you made this account. You know you aren't a 44 year old virgin :crackup:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:
Hypergamy is basically just the drive to mate with those of higher status than you. Men don't give a fvck about high status, we're mostly concerned about looks. How many men do you know who's actively trying to date up? Men simply don't do it nearly as much as females do.

Be honest HumbleNinja, you know you've been trolling the hell out of this forum since before you made this account. You know you aren't a 44 year old virgin :crackup:
Yes men do care about status. Especially considering that many men and women derive status from looks in this world. Studies have shown how the rich tend to be of a certain height and attractiveness level. And people even treat attractive people more favorably.
MaddXMan said:
I don't understand what is meant by hypergamy. I thought it applied to marriage, as in "marrying up." Or does it apply to sex and dating, or is it about having as many sexual partners as possible?
I dont overthink that bs like a lot of folks do. Its really simple how dating works in my eyes. EVERYONE dates the best they can get with regards to sex, personality, money, etc

We dont need any more hypergamy threads. People should recognize the reality of dating, and deal with it.

HumbleNinja

Banned
Reaction score
JoeMarron said:

I am. You should believe everything you read on the net! lmao.

Not for nothing though. Check out the definition of hypergamy and it's origins. Then tell me who started it. It was MEN.

hypergamy (haɪˈpɜːɡəmɪ)
n
1. (Anthropology & Ethnology) anthropol a custom that forbids a woman to marry a man of lower social status

2. (Anthropology & Ethnology) any marriage with a partner of higher social status
[C19: from hyper- + -gamy]
ˌhyperˈgamous adjCollins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

hy•per•ga•my (haɪˈpɜr gə mi)

n.
marriage to a person of a social status higher than one's own; orig., esp. in India, the custom of allowing a woman to marry only into her own or a higher social group.
[1880–85]

hy•per′ga•mous, adj.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
I dont overthink that bs like a lot of folks do. Its really simple how dating works in my eyes. EVERYONE dates the best they can get with regards to sex, personality, money, etc

We dont need any more hypergamy threads. People should recognize the reality of dating, and deal with it.
Right. It's that simple, really. I don't know why people are acting like this is a controversial subject. We all want the best we can get.

I think the reason that women get stuck with the hypergamy tag more often is that men tend to be loyal. Not all men, by any means. But enough men have a strong sense of honor and loyalty that they outnumber women who have such. As I've said before, my mother told me that "Women are fickle". That explains it all, really. Nevertheless, she stayed with my father until the day he died, so she was one of the good ones.

JoeMarron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes men do care about status. Especially considering that many men and women derive status from looks in this world. Studies have shown how the rich tend to be of a certain height and attractiveness level. And people even treat attractive people more favorably.
True, however looks are only part of the equation. One could still be low status and attractive. We should all know that a man is much more likely to get with a low status woman than vice versa.

2. (Anthropology & Ethnology) any marriage with a partner of higher social status
Exactly. Women marry up far more often than men do.

I think the reason that women get stuck with the hypergamy tag more often is that men tend to be loyal. Not all men, by any means. But enough men have a strong sense of honor and loyalty that they outnumber women who have such.
This too. Men are more likely to stick with what they have instead of trying to upgrade. That's why women are refereed to as hypergamous.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for a super model scientists millionaire chic? Pfft, I think not!