If gf hangs out with other guys sometimes

1-2-3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just looking for warning signs if something is up. If you have any advice let me know.

My gf and I are at the same school and if she'll go to study with a guy friend from class in his room and I can't help but get jeslous/insecure. She said if it's a problem she wouldn't but I said it was fine and left it at that. We've been dating like a half a year.

Is there anything I should look for incase something might be happening down the road? Should I be concerned in the first place?

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can say is be afraid....be very afraid :cool:

As a guy who is speaking from the other side, I'd be surprised if there is no flirting going on when your girl is with this guy, especially if she is attractive. Not that it will definitely lead to other things, but the danger is certainly there.

The only assurance you have though is that I believe the majority of times the girl will not do anything with the other guy unless your relationship is terrible.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can say is be afraid....be very afraid :cool:

As a guy who is speaking from the other side, I'd be surprised if there is no flirting going on when your girl is with this guy, especially if she is attractive. Not that it will definitely lead to other things, but the danger is certainly there.

The only assurance you have though is that I believe the majority of times the girl will not do anything with the other guy unless your relationship is terrible.

Also rest in the fact that you two go to the same school, so you see each other often. It's those long distance things that are doomed.

katoom

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah theres probably flirting but bein jealous just shows your own insecurities. Play it cool. If she was cheatin on you I dont think she would tell you about bein in his room.

1-2-3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are these any signs I should look for though if something was going on? I know personally I don't like her going there but should I say anything or do anything?

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 1-2-3
Are these any signs I should look for though if something was going on? I know personally I don't like her going there but should I say anything or do anything?
A definite sure sign would be if she's being colder towards you, or just not as into your conversations for example, not showing as much affection or being withdrawn during sex, or just plainly not wanting sex anymore. :D

1-2-3

Don Juan
Reaction score
if there aren't any real signs that things are happening between them, is it pretty much an alright thing that i shouldn't worry about?

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, dump her.

Listen, if you can't trust her, and it sounds like you can't, then you must dump her.

Why? because this insecurity is only going to lead to diaster in your relationship.

If you think she may cheat - then why be with her? For the poon? your in college - there's plenty more where that came from.

Dump her - move on. Your young, you shouldn't be with one woman anyways.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New Man -- I just want to clarify your point: should he dump her because of how he feels (which is kind of his issue) versus what she will do (a different issue)?

My point is, if the problem is with the DJ, then maybe he can do an internal review but evaluate the girl on her own merits.

Eyecandie4ya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you might have something to be worry about and it doesn't have anything to do with being insecure. There are other places where people can study at like library, study hall, etc. If this situation was reversed, she wouldn't wanted you study with a female in your "room", because she knows how females are.

When and if something goes wrong, this guy will know your business because she will seek a "male" perspective in regards to the situation. Females talk too much. We all know this when one of them confided in us for advice about her man. This is something you should be aware of. It doesn't make you insecure. It makes you observant and not naive. Ask her if her and homeboy could switch their place of studies because either way it goes, he is still a male and any leeway that is given he will take advantage. You have no control over that, all you can do is suggest this to her. If she is unwilling and thinks that it's a silly idea, then I will add more propects to the roster.

Peace

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's 2 issues here.

The first is the 1-2-3 is insecure. He obviously thinks that his GF is capable of cheating - I don't know him, so I don't know if that is because he's that kind of person (insecure, jealous) or because she's actually cheating on him.

Either way, he's got to move on.

If he's insecure within his relationship, then he should break it off with her and fix it. If he tries to fix it while he's in a relationship, it's going to cause problems because emotions will run high. She's going to see his insecurity, and thats not good. He needs to be confident and secure - and he's not, so fix that, then if he still want her, get back in contact with her.

The second issue - it seems like her actions are inappropriate. Someone mentioned earlier - there are other places to study other than in his room. Perhaps Library, common room. She could invite him over when 1-2-3 is around. She shouldn't place 1-2-3 in a situation like this. Becuase more than likely her friend will be trying to get into her panties - and if the chance exists, would probably bang her. End it now, 1-2-3 retains his self dignity and respect.

I'll tell you somethign that happened to me. My ex's ex BF called her 9 years after their break up. He had just got a divorce and they had not conbtacted each other since they broke up. He calls her, tells her he recently got married and wanted to meet her for drinks. She told me, and said that it was her friend and she was going to meet him. My response. How can he be your friend - he hasn't spoken, or called you in 9 yrs. He's divorced and going through his black book looking for some poon - thats why he calling you. She said -= No, he was married. He didn't call me out of respect for his wife. I said - then why arre you going to meet him - is that because you don't respect me? - if you meet him it's over. I leave. I'm not going to be placed in that situation.

She didn't go.

She agreed , that he probably would fvck her again, but said that's something she would not do - would not even think about. But, that she understands where I'm coming from - and she didn't go.

He should dump her. fix any problems he has - or move on if she's playing him

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an idea kid. DUMP HER. Why? BECAUSE YOUR TO DAM YOUNG TO BE IN ANY TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP ANYWAYS. So who cares what she does.

Your in highschool or college?

Or are you under 23?

If you answer yes, your to young to be in any relationship. You should be
1. Playing sports
2. studying
3. hanging out with friends
4. hobbies
5. hooking up with girls, having F buddies, casually hanging out with girls
6. having fun and getting into a little minor trouble here and there

Your welcome

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chlywly
A definite sure sign would be if she's being colder towards you, or just not as into your conversations for example, not showing as much affection or being withdrawn during sex, or just plainly not wanting sex anymore. :D
EXACTLY

although I would still be worried, she is probably flirting with him, if he is as good looking or even better looking than u!! And I wouldnt like the idea of my girl flirting with some random guy, however girls will do this anyways, even when u get married, their way to get confidence knowing another guy likes them.

Take it easy, and relax