Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If at first you don't succeed...

Rico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know that Aaliyah song..."If at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again..." Well besides being great advice for life, it's also a little known Don Juan secret that separates the chumps from the Cassanovas. Women have defenses even when they like you... Most of us take off and forget about them if their playing too hard to get. Well, women need to do this! Firstly because they don't wanna seem easy to get, and secondly because they wanna see what sort of man you are. If you give up on them too soon, they figure you were only out for sex (which most of you are)...the key work there being "only".

If a chick is digging you, you can call her on her games. I usually say simply, "Why are you playing around," and most of the time girls laugh and say I'm not playing and you go from there. If they don't like you, they will not give you the time of the day, period! So for all you guys out there who are confused by mixed signals from a girl...chances are she likes you. All you have to do is set the terms and tell her where you're going to pick her up and you're set. Don't ever let a woman's roll of the eyes or sharp tongue put you down. Unless she walks away from you or doesn't say anything at all, you're still in the game. So if at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

PortugueseMeatball

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. The following is the translation of my interpretation of the ideas in a book called "The Selfish Gene".

Females in general (no just in the human species) are programmed to play hard-to-get. That's the way they filter those who'll stay during difficult times and help them out from those who won't. Persistence is necessary in raising a family, so you see that the females on other species don't give themselves at once as soon as they spot a male and are on a fertile period.

In our species all is obviously more subtle. If you're persistent it's OK, but if you're annoying then you're out. Annoyance here means that she is definitely not interested. She can't stand your advances, so don't push! Knowing how to read body (and face) language is very helpful in interpreting these signals since girls usually avoid telling to your face they can't stand you for fear of sounding unpolite or of eliciting a violent response (there are some real psychos out there!).

My interpretation is that if she plays hard to get, check her body language. She must be saying something such as "I like you, but you'll have to be persistent if you want to win me over".

Tests? I don't know any. Maybe pulling out suddenly to test her response. For example, I've read here something about moving slowly (~minutes) into her personal space (c. 30 centimeters / 15 inches) as you talk, then slowly moving away. Does she follow you? Good.

Personally I haven't tried this test so I don't know if it gauges females' interest correctly. You see, I try to absorb their talk and use it to make conversation...