"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

If a woman gives you a bull**** excuse for not going out...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
...is there a good way to respond where you might recover, or does it mean she's pretty much not interested?

Usually when that happens I just say "OK", hang up, and never call her again. But this happens often with girls I thought I vibed with. Am I missing something here? Is this some kind of a test? Or am I doing the right thing by just cutting bait and moving on?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
If I think they are lying to me I won't even address their excuse, because that would make me look gullible for buying it, letting them know they can keep pulling this sh1t.

I usually do the same as you and leave it upto them to make the next date. Usually they do, but sometimes I never hear from them again and I just assume they weren't interested.
 

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
I learned this from a good friend on mine.

a girl gives you an excuse.. then goes "is that ok, or are you mad?

Reply "Yeah, im not happy, i was really looking forward to hanging out with you.."

If she isnt sure whethever to hang out with you, and then you just reply coldly "that's fine" it will be easier for her to forget you. If you tell her you actually DO WANT to hang out with her quite a bit, she might change her mind.


I do the 2 call thing as well, but let's be honest, it's always a b1tch to next girls you thought were digging you after 2 calls.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
It's not happened to me in a long while.

But what about this....

Get straight to the point.

BS excuse.... Then...

Her:- "Sorry can't make it, I'm washing my hair"
You:- "If your trying to brush me off, that's cool. I'd just rather you tell me that you don't want to go out, than throw me an excuse like that. I'm a big boy, I promise I will not cry. It just saves me another phone call - and I can keep the day open for the next honey"


confident - and worldly wise.
 
Top