Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

IDEAS ON TOTALLY COLD PICK-UPS

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is from another thread but I wanted to start it as a new topic.

I mean everything that has been said on this board is old news to me. I go out, I pick up, I come back to work, I workout, play my guitar, some of my girls call...blah blah shyt.

What I really need to work on is totally cold pickups. I mean you know when you are rushing down the street trying to get
somewhere in time through the crowd, when out of the corner of your eye you see a real hotty who is rushing in the opposite
direction. She is obviously very busy and has no time right now for any guys and she most likely has a boyfriend anyway.

What do you do? Do you approach her like a rabid dog? (not my style cause it wreaks of desperation). I need smooth material
for such a situation. You see I don't lack confidence, I just see the nature of the situation as highly impossible for me to
pick-up this way.

However, if I can succeed at it I will think of myself as a god and will be able to fit more things activities into my life, therefore
feel more fulfilled. Anyway its something totally exciting to try I think.

I guess I went field testing this yesterday in my city. For a few hours me and my mate went about town to lots of shops etc. On
the way we were totally on the lookout for babes. It really disheartened me that I only saw one chick who I would have wanted
to **** on the spot. I got her to look at me but she definetely was in a rush so there was no chance at a pick-up there!

Any ideas?

Lately the best I have done is to smile at them I get a smile back from them, but cause they are in a rush they turn away again and keep walking.

[This message has been edited by Peak (edited 01-05-2001).]

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thread few weeks ago hit this up.

I wrote for half an hour on 'cold' pick-ups, or pick-ups in non-pick-up environments.

They're hard. No question.

Read my shhit on it from the previous thread.
http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003068.html

------------------
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing."

--George Bernard Shaw

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peak:
OK Peak, let's put our heads together here cause I am with U on this topic. I want strategies that work as much as U do. Now kinda like U, I am not shy so we agree it is the situational aspects that need the work. i.e. getting an intro, protocols for convo's, etc.

Let's think common sense here. If a woman is not running to catch a bus & U don't approach her as she is getting into her car or grab her arm, use a smile & easy relaxed personality, chances are U can get an in for the convo & intro. From there U can at least hit 5 minutes of her time for the number & coffee date. OK?

We prep with eye contact & smile then we go in immediately for the introduction or the opening question. Again, this is situational, i.e. in the mall or at the grocery store or in a clothing store. Play the situation, ask her for suggestions on clothing for your cousin, co-workers b-day party etc. ask her if U have met before, cause U R sure U have seen her somewhere. I am not telling U something U don't already know right? Right.

So now we come to the street pick-up, this is I think what U R getting at really, Some babe walking along the street, U see her, U need to get her. Am i right? OK, here's how i would do it. I would go up to her & say "Hi. my names "M", I am sure U think this is a little strange but I felt compelled to talk to U, otherwise U would walk out of my life forever & I wouldn't even know U'r name" Along these lines. YES it smacks of projecting attraction to her but I am not sure how to avoid this. This is the crux, what to say to get an in with her. NOw U may remember my airport story. There was a mega-10 +, projecting no sense of warmth, very icey & aloof. I walked up to her & asked "R U from Vegas?" from there it woulda been great cause my next line was pure gold "Well, my names "M", unfortunalely I only have about 20 seconds to be charming" something like that, She melted like a fire had been lit underher ass & she was all smiles. Only problem was she did have to run to catch her plane. Now on the street it is even more difficult, this is were what U say makes all the difference in the world. This is what we need to talk about so let's talk bro. Poet

------------------
The cat that walks alone...

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC:
Re-read U'r post from before I remember now, some good points, still we gotta put our heads together. I am going to try some stuff. I tend to just get up-front with chicks so my preferred approach (for now) is the intro & then fluff for a minute then go for the number, I will report back as I progress. Later, Poet

------------------

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay,I read your thread BGC. It seems we really have the same problem.

How to pickup a chick who is very busy or has her mind on other things on the street/in a shop.

The reason I wish to attempt the cold pickup is cause of the benefits of being able to screen lots of women quickly in the daylight and so that I'll be able to retain my hearing by reducing the amount of clubs I go to.

I'm thinking. I have some ideas I have to try, I'll report back when I can.

Interested

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Peak:

The reason I wish to attempt the cold pickup is cause of the benefits of being able to screen lots of women quickly in the daylight and so that I'll be able to retain my hearing by reducing the amount of clubs I go to.

B]

Peak - I agree with this. When I asked this question before it was because I am always seeing chicks I am attracted to in malls, down the street etc.

But BGC's comments about non pick up environments rings true. I can barely get a woman to even look at me walking down the street let alone get her interested. I think men look at women all the time at malls etc but women just are thinking about getting the shopping done etc.

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poet:

You are on to my situation.

You are right about the crux.

The crux is to stop a 10-10+ in her tracks as she's steaming past you wih her mind in another galaxy as you are on a crowded street or in an arcade.

My brain is cooking from over-activity here....

Jdog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never say anything is impossible but stopping a random babe in the street/cold pickups is really f'n tough. Women, especially hot ones, always have their guard up in some way. I think they best thing you could do is pay a quick compliment, introduce yourself, and then hopefully continue convoing. You would definately have to be on top of your game to pull it off though.

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interested:
I can barely get a woman to even look at me walking down the street let alone get her interested. I think men look at women all the time at malls etc but women just are thinking about getting the shopping done etc.
By wearing very casual but somewhat different/striking clothes and walking like I am walking on a beach really relaxed, I can get them to look at me Interested. I must have some appeal cause they even when I am in a rush they still look. I catch them out.

It's a misnomer that women don't look at guys. All hetero women are looking at guys cause they feel the same as us it's just that they are much sneakier at doing it.

Here's what they do and I employ these techniques for myself to get extended looks at women where I otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Why am I looking at so many chicks? Well cause I like it and I am screening out chicks that I would not like to approach before I approach them for the cold pick-up.

1) Unchanged Posture: Women don't usually change their posture to look at you they pass by as if seemingly unaffected...except for their eyes. Their head and body may be still, but their eyes are straining very hard to look at you. Thus, if you see a chick you like look at her eyes to see if she is checking you out. If she has just glanced at you briefly, trust me that she is using all the powers of her peripheral vision to catch an eager glimpse of you.

2) Reflections: Women check you out through your reflection on glass windows, shiny cars, mirrors (obvious) anything that holds your reflection. You can get extended looks at women by looking at their reflection cause it is not obvious that you are looking at them. What I do is look for as long as I can at them focussing on their reflection. Women know this trick so they attempt to catch you out by looking at your eyes in the reflection. However, soon as you sense them doing that you immediately change your focus onto the object creating the reflection rather than than the reflection itself. i.e. look at what is in the shop window rather than the girl's reflection on the window.

3) Barriers: Do you notice how women love to look at discount clothes near the front of shops? Well not only do they get bargains but they can also appear to be holding clothes up to the light when really they are totally checking you out. You can do this also. They are experts, you will need practise.

4) The sixth sense. Ever have the feeling that someone is looking at you? We all do. I don't know what it is but I can sometimes tell when someone is looking at me. Women have this finely tuned and know when you are looking at them. They may not even look at you (due to shyness) but they know you want some and it is a great boost to their ego. Use your sixth sense, I think mine is getting better, to tell if chicks are looking at you. If you think they are then approach them.

What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Peak (edited 01-05-2001).]

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's one cold approach that I thought of a while back, haven't used yet.

You see a hot brawd on the street. Immediately walk up, kind of hurried.

"Say, can you tell me where you got that bag/shirt/shoes, etc. I've been looking all over for that -- I'm shopping for a family member -- and I haven't been able to find it."

If you say this with enough enthusiasm that she believes you are really telling the truth, then her guard will be down. And she'll probably gladly share with you where she bought the object.

Then try to milk out a conversation, but if not, I would try this one.

"I like the shoes."

"Thanks."

"I like the shirt."

"Thanks."

"Come to think of it" -- you smile warmly -- "I like everything."

That should get a laugh -- and maybe even a phone number if you're lucky.

Later, fellas.

------------------
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing."

--George Bernard Shaw

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peak:

Here's me, if I see a woman that gives me a 2 second eye contact dead on & a smile (& this happens a few times a week) & IF I can go up to her (situational, my daughter is not with me etc.) I will. I will just say "hello" start from there. I have no fear of this, I will push right in & fluff & go for the digits. That is my strategy. I don't like trying to come up with a pretense for convo. I figure if I get the eyes & the smile I can go in & just hit the babe & get the digits. I have not done this much but I plan on hooking with eye contact & just going in, more as it happens. Poet

------------------

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Poet:
2 second eye contact dead on & a smile (& this happens a few times a week)
I find that the women over thirty will do that without a problem. However, I am looking for chicks as young as 22 and they will not do that. 2 seconds sounds like an eternity Poet...just count 1 elephant..2 elephant...(that's 2 secs). The most I get from the younger ones is 1 second. I think that is heaps from them cause they are naturally shyer.

Poet, last time you told me something that seems to ring true, but I have to fight my natural instincts to really believe it. Stone cold 10+ *****es probably aren't even *****es, they just seem to project that aura. I just realised something. In the street I come off with the same attitude as the stone cold 10+ *****. I walk with my head in the air, good posture but totally expressionless. In my head all I am thinking about is scoring the next chick.

Conclusion: all the more reason to hit on the cold-looking *****es cause in reality they are going to be real friendly.

Interested

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Peak:
By wearing very casual but somewhat different/striking clothes and walking like I am walking on a beach really relaxed, I can get them to look at me Interested. I must have some appeal cause they even when I am in a rush they still look. I catch them out.
This is great advice and something I can start with straight away. I'm glad you posted this cuz it has been p!ssing me off for ages that I look at women in the street and sometimes smile - and they either dont look or just keep walking!! arrrgggghhhhhhh
At least you have given me something I can start to do to change this (look at the way I walk etc). I'm not a bad looking guy so hopefully I can start changing this

[This message has been edited by Interested (edited 01-05-2001).]

Don_Juanabe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some ideas:

1) Just go up say hi and introduce yourself then ask for her name.

2) Go up to a woman as if you knew her very well from years before, something like: Hey, Deb, how are you, it's been what, five years? YOU MUST TOUCH HER SHOULDER OR HAND WHILE BEING FRIENDLY AND SMILING. Then ask something a 9-10 would never expect -- so did you ever get that PhD in genetics? How's life as a biochemist anyway? Get this all in without giving her time to say anything, then when she says I am not Deb, go with it... something like 1) You're not? But you ARE a biochemist, right? or 2) Well then, who are you? I'm DJBe.

3) You can always use the I'm buying my sister a sweater and I really like yours routine. She'll be happy to teach you about shopping and she'll know you are good to women/family. If in a shopping mall remember that women make shopping into an event, so you can pull her aside and buy lunch in order to discuss shopping technique and stuff.

DJBe

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peak:

I hear ya, 2 seconds is a long time, I usually get between one & two but it depends on YOU as well. If U really look with intense interest U may find some 1.5 or 2 sec. responses, ya gotta hold that gaze.

Now about what I said about 10+'s I think it is true but of course there are the bietches out there that think they R the shiet. But we can filter them out easily enough. The others just need some coaxing & to be shown that WE R men who R not in the least intimidated by their "looks" Once that barrier is down she has no power over U then she will realize U R different. U R not in awe of her, U look into her eyes, U R relaxed & confident & funny, U R not like the rest, ya see? Then the little wheels start turning, they are rusty cause all those other guys toe the party line, supplication, remarking on hoe great she looks blah blah. We blow their little minds & diffuse her whole arsenal, now she is at odds, now we R in like Flynn. Over n out! Poet

------------------

AnotherRookie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my problem with all this:

How do you tell if they're married when you're making the eye contact? I can get the 2 second eye contact, and intro's not a problem (I choke on what to say after, but this thread is covering that, too), and like Peak said, it's normally the 'over 30's' who do that, which is perfect for me. BUT, seems like that age group is largely married (at least where I live).

Most times it seems honestly difficult to see that left ring finger (especially when they're carrying shopping bags!) without that appearance of intensely checking out their bodies, which isn't too slick.

Is this a failure on my approach? IE I should've had it identified before the eye contact?

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AnotherRookie:

I think U should just go for the eyes, take a chance on the ring. If U can scan for that go ahead, but just try for contact, if she is engaged or married let it filter out in the convo, otherwise U might miss the initial contact opportunity. Poet

------------------

Peak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still working on it.

Started using the extended looks thing on hot chicks working in womens clothes shops. They always have hot babes working in those places and fukk me I'm not going to miss out on those honies! They have been looking back at me and I have been raising an eyebrow to them inquiringly.

We'll see what happens whenever I get time to get out of this office!