Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I was reading some old stuff from Pook...

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He mentions, "BTW, I now disagree with what I wrote there about the girls initializing dates/romance. I have never, in my life, seen a girl initiate a date for romantic interests. Girls will flirt to tell you they are interested, guys confirm your interest by asking for their number."
(the above was from this thread:http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000130.html)

Is this true? If so, why is this the case?

I saw a girl whom I hadn't talked with in a few months just a couple days ago. We had a good interaction, and then she asked me for my number. Yesterday, she texted me and proposed that we should hang out sometime this week.

I was thinking that she was interested in me, but now, I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm reading into this stuff too much, but I wanted to know what y'all thought of what Pook was saying here. Maybe women wouldn't want to risk messing things up with a man they're interested in by initiating at the wrong time; or perhaps they usually play coy to have the man of their interests chase them. Thoughts?

blind_one

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konduit said:
Maybe I'm reading into this stuff too much, but I wanted to know what y'all thought of what Pook was saying here
I would say, see where it goes, but take control.

What I suggest by that is you ask her out if an outing with her is what you want.

This will reveal if there is interest on her part.

Just my 2c

BraddH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where is this Pook guy? I would really like to know more about him. It almost seems like he was just a fiction guy. Where is he currently? Does anybody know? I would like to meet him in person.

It is weird never hearing from him in the present time. Everything is from the past.

And to answer your question, I believe you are thinking into it too much. Pook just meant that you should be careful of the girl using your money. But if you see authentic interest, then she is in. Try leading as much as possible to physical intimacy. If she's in she's attracted, if you can see that she doesnt want to then it tells more than enough.

Times like this, you need quick answers and you always get quick answers by overtly expressing your interest in her romantically.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're reading to much into it.

At a party an attractive confident HB8 approached me, asked for my number, and proceeded to be a decent fùck for the next month.

Do sexy women always initiate? Hell no

But don't waste opportunities.

It is where you take it. Your the man, your in control. Go out with her and let it be understood your intentions. If she's not down with it, cool. That's less time wasted. You cut your losses and move on.

I think sometimes SS leads to a lot of mental mastubation.

Not everything needs to be analyzed.

Sometimes when a girl says she just wants to suck your dìck

She really just wants to suck your dìck.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konduit said:
I was thinking that she was interested in me, but now, I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm reading into this stuff too much, but I wanted to know what y'all thought of what Pook was saying here.
I know that Pook enjoys a god-like status on this board, but, IMO, his "teachings" are highly overrated. I've had girls ask me out first with very clear romantic interest. Forget about Pook, accept the invitation and see what happens.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konduit said:
He mentions, "BTW, I now disagree with what I wrote there about the girls initializing dates/romance. I have never, in my life, seen a girl initiate a date for romantic interests. Girls will flirt to tell you they are interested, guys confirm your interest by asking for their number."
(the above was from this thread:http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000130.html)

I saw a girl whom I hadn't talked with in a few months just a couple days ago. We had a good interaction, and then she asked me for my number. Yesterday, she texted me and proposed that we should hang out sometime this week.

I was thinking that she was interested in me, but now, I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm reading into this stuff too much, but I wanted to know what y'all thought of what Pook was saying here. Maybe women wouldn't want to risk messing things up with a man they're interested in by initiating at the wrong time; or perhaps they usually play coy to have the man of their interests chase them. Thoughts?
She sounds interested....

Pook was big on "patience". I guess it's the opposite of neediness/desperation---> which will eventually kill attraction. Also, it seems, simply being "patient" will pass most $hit tests right out of the gate. As in, not having a need to hang out with a girl as to where you'll go to the ends of the Earth in order to be with her. Having patience means that when she throws up a hoop for you to jump through, you can simply say: "nah, I'm good". Then walk the other way....until she removes that proverbial hoop.

I saw a girl whom I hadn't talked with in a few months just a couple days ago. We had a good interaction, and then she asked me for my number.
A few months? Think you've been patient enough. And, at this point, she seems to making it easy for you. :up:

I don't think you're a 100% guaranteed lock here, but the skids have been greased. Go get em tiger.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
I know that Pook enjoys a god-like status on this board, but, IMO, his "teachings" are highly overrated. I've had girls ask me out first with very clear romantic interest. Forget about Pook, accept the invitation and see what happens.
You have to take his time into account. He was a man of his time, and most of his concepts still apply. That's why he has the status that he has... His insights were mostly timeless and universal, and it was interesting to see him write about things he discovered for a few years as he developed himself.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares ... is she cute?

Girls can want all kinds of shit... from a rebound fuck to a piss-off-my-ex fuck to an I've-always-wondered fuck. Does it matter if she's "using" you if you want the same thing from her?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Konduit said:
No, it clearly isn't true. It may be so MOST of the time, but always? No, that's not even remotely true. This is the problem with so many PUA theories. They take a general tendency and try to turn it into some sort of universal law: "This ALWAYS happens". Then, when you point out that it DOES happen sometimes, they will tell you "The exception proves the rule".

So, as a tendency, yes, it's true that women will make the man initiate most of the time. But to say that's the only way it ever happens, no that's nonsense.

Genos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Y'all are right, I think Pook was suggesting more of a generalization rather than absolute truth - I think it was a little naive of me to think that he was asserting a fact.

I do however believe that it is very rare for a woman who is actually interested in you to propose a date, which is why I believe the generalization to be definitely valid. It depends on the type of girl, and what's going on in her life - if her personality is very forward or very bold, she may ignore the possibility of rejection that many other girls are extremely conscious of. Or, perhaps she is extremely interested and doesn't want to wait any longer for you to make a move.

But these scenarios are exceedingly rare. A girl initiating things with a guy isn't exactly uncommon, but more often than not the initiation's motive isn't for the ideal romance. It's usually just for something else, to kill some time, see what you're all about, maybe she's just interested in sex with you, etc. Pook was probably talking about women approaching men they they find sexy and would consider for a relationship. I don't believe women do this much at all (maybe when they get older, perhaps).

Just my thoughts.

DragonBlood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both are correct. Calibration required.

Konduit Scenario: Girl asks for number first and wants to meet again.

Pook Scenario: Guy asks for girls number, she declines, instead she asks for his number so they can meet again. Aka she is trying to escape asap.