Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I was about to set up a date this friday and her text turned me off

London NATURAL

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's made it simpler for you, she's disqualified herself. It's only 1st date.

Either let her know in advance that you've had a better offer. Or if you feel she's disrespected you with her entitledness, just don't show up.

We as men can't whinge about this sh1t, and then when we see it happen prior to the 1st date, not take a stance.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WP0469 said:
I still haven't replied to her text yet but I got a message from her this morning.

Her: i'm really sorry about my text yesterday. cosi is fine :)

I'm still not sure if I want to go though. I think I'll just ignore her and go out with some other girls instead.
That's up to you. She did apologize, though. You punished bad behavior by ignoring her, so it would make sense to at least acknowledge her now. Punish the bad, reward the good. That's the dynamic you want to build.

CHICAGO27

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't go out with her. From my dating experience, any woman who makes a comment like that prior to meeting is not looking to get to know you. She is looking for money. Looking for a free meal. She is the same type of women who is a mercenary. Rest assured, the only thing she cares about is what you can financially offer.

Don_Dom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I'm old school and genuinely enjoy dinner dates so I do them on first dates a lot. I'm relaxed and have fun with it so it works. But there are excellent reasons not to, especially if you are on an approach or online hotstreak and are spinning tons of plates.

But if you are trying to keep costs down, I think you are better off avoiding food altogether. Do coffee or meet for a drink instead. It's a win win because it's not expensive, you don't have any major time commitment (you can even do a few of these in one day), and you aren't getting judged from the onset for being a cheapskate. It's been said before that getting guys to spend money on them and jump thru hoops is the goal of female game like sex is the goal of ours. Even chicks that aren't golddiggers are going to take notice when you suggest McDonald's for a date. Why start out like that?

In this particular case, tho, she overplayed her hand and revealed a not so flattering side of herself to you. Doubt you would have gotten an apology had you not gone radio silent. I'd be tempted to next this one but would probably still go out. Just keep your eyes open for other indicators like this.

Gotta admit, if you truly don't care, her reaction to "Chill out, I haven't even seen you naked yet," as someone suggested would be priceless.

May_Day

Don Juan
Reaction score
bukowski_merit said:
I have a go to in situations like this (this works better in person but works in text too):

Her: I guess I will choose cosi since u r not taking me to a real restaurant
Me: Maybe we go to Rite Aid (pharmacy) instead...
Her: Rite Aid?
Me: Yeah, to buy you a box of tissues you big baby.

I've reversed girls whole attitude with this. One in particular was complaining she was going to have to walk a mile because I wasn't going to cruise around a parking lot looking for a good spot like she wanted.... She literally had the biggest smile I'd ever seen on her face after I used the above on her.... Like "sh!t, you've just completely ripped off the spoiled brat mask I was trying to wear." Rest of the night was golden.

Most of the time - that kind of attitude isn't authentic; it's just how women are used to getting their way....

Don't give it to them and - see how quickly the fog dissolves.... (note: if it doesn't ever dissolve - eject asap)
Your situation is completely different than his. You were already out with this girl and she was just complaining about parking. The response you gave was fine.

He didn't go out with her yet. This happened when he was setting up the date, that's the difference. She was complaining about where he was going to take her. Implying that he is cheap and she deserves better. She shouldn't care where she goes, as long as she is with him. That's all that should matter. She already gave him an attitude before the date, insulting the place he was taking her. That shows me that she is only thinking about herself and what she can get out of him. Not trying to have a actual date to get to know this guy.

There comes a time when these women need to be put in their place respectfully by a man. By not letting them skate with their sh1tty insulting behavior. Maybe they might think twice by not insulting the next guy. At least you won't feel like a doormat going out with a girl who looks down upon your date.

WP0469 said:
I generally reserve more fancy stuff for second and third dates.

Her: i'm really sorry about my text yesterday. cosi is fine :)

I'm still not sure if I want to go though. I think I'll just ignore her and go out with some other girls instead.
Sometimes you don't need the fancy stuff for the second and third dates.

I wouldn't bother taking her out after she insulted you. She acts like she can get her way now that she apologized. Don't give in to her fake apology. Her true colors showed when she insulted you. Otherwise, she wouldn't have said that. Go out with someone else that won't insult where you take them. Teach her a lesson by putting her in her place respectfully.