Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think we're fvcked. Depreciation of the dollar.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn sustenance agriculture. When the US was after Milosevic, they pretty much bombed Yugoslavia back into the Dark Ages. More than ten years later, something like half of the people still get by off sustenance agriculture. When everything crashes, being able to feed yourself becomes important.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Learn sustenance agriculture. When the US was after Milosevic, they pretty much bombed Yugoslavia back into the Dark Ages. More than ten years later, something like half of the people still get by off sustenance agriculture. When everything crashes, being able to feed yourself becomes important.
I have a feeling it's going to take a little while before it gets to THAT point in north america.

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
redspicyflag said:
Yeah:(

Along with the DOW dropping.

How do we get out of it?

I hope there isn't another depression.
Yeah this happens from time to time; I wouldn't worry too much. We have been in really good growth since 2002; economies can be cyclical. The three bad factors right now are the subprime mortgage mess which still hasn't completely resolved (banks going way further out than they should have on the risk curve), a downturn in the housing market, and less purchasing power due to expensive petroleum and a weakening dollar.

US exports are doing great though because the dollar is so cheap. Bernanke needs to keep the interest rate steady right now instead of lowering it, because even though that might have the short term risk of less economic growth, inflation is my main concern. Nuclear power will be the long-term market solution to expensive petroleum.

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
I made a thread a week ago

but it has a video that teaches you about the true value of paper money and how the banks get involved in it.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133840

Anyway, we all have to take responsibility of what is happening to the dollar and we have to pray with love and appreciation for those who are causing this.

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hockey Playa said:
goo canadaa
Hell yeah :D

I love how everything off the net's now cheaper than the dollar sign for the majority of things :D.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup pretty much, just wait till gas hits 5 dollars a gallon, then these fat asses will start walking or cut back on food.

Stagflation will slowly kill the economy.

It'll be like the 70s and 80s all over again... well without the good music.

What's funny is that chevy, ford and dodge are all releasing these throwback pony cars from the late 60s... the mustang, the new camaro, and the dodge charger. If history is to repeat itself, things will go downhill pretty soon.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am building a souped-up street car that will probably end up getting mileage in the single digits. Fvck the gas; I want to go fast.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
:up:
Despite Ricardo's law that says each State should produce what they are best at. Each State should always be able to produce their own Defense and infrastructure such as Food.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What concerns me is China seems to have so much control over the dollar. I keep hearing it on the news but I haven't done the research. Does anyone know why this is and what it means for our country?

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn...ifthis **** is going down i need to buy a hummer tomorrow and use up my portion of gas

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its all bush's fault for getting us to spend billions in the iraq war

we're losing dollar value

america is losing its prestige in the world..

economy is going toward recession

did you see the latest information , all the asain countires who didn't spend on iraq war are getting richer while the US is in trouble

the lastest consumer spending reports, by this time the JCPENNYS and MACYS should be up in profits, but they are losing money for the year so far

Dilberto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
China is a financial superpower, simply because their workforce is immense, and their overall productivity is equal to ants(on the same scale). Also, they believe in one thing Americans no longer embrace......saving for the future.

The USA has become such an instant-gratification consumer....that they will literally go INTO DEBT just to be the first to own the latest_______________(you fill-in the blank). Being half asian myself- I have a 39-year-old cousin who has successfully amassed a nest egg of over $100k. He did it all by himself......working as a waiter!!!! Over the past 23 years, he did it all on hard work, making bank deposits 2x a day, and no investments! At the rate he is going.....he will easily have a million to retire on.

But the reason why our US dollar is down......is because of the shrub(GW Bush). His supposed, "war on terrorism" is nothing but a reason to have us living in fear, while he can invade our privacies, anytime. I smell "Big Brother" coming along!

Yes......we are SCREWED!!!!

Last edited:

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
KneghtRyder said:
Its all bush's fault for getting us to spend billions in the iraq war

we're losing dollar value

america is losing its prestige in the world..

economy is going toward recession

did you see the latest information , all the asain countires who didn't spend on iraq war are getting richer while the US is in trouble

the lastest consumer spending reports, by this time the JCPENNYS and MACYS should be up in profits, but they are losing money for the year so far
Do you have a clue how Government works?

Who controls spending?

Who votes on whether we go to war or not?

These people who parrot this "Bush this, Bush that" crap are clueless.

Do you have any idea of how global economics works?

Have you ever even ran or owned a business?

Meanwhile, we've had a record 50th straight month of job growth, another quarter of postive GDP growth, near record low UI, just about every economic indicator is up and the ignorant are predicting gloom and doom.

The US economy over the last 25 years is arguably the best on record, in history for any country.

Put up the economic growth of any other country over the last 25 years, the last 5 years and see how it matches up.

You doom and gloomers need to start living reality.

Dilberto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes....we have been deficit-spending like crazy lately.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the people behind the Federal Reserve... get rid of them, Rockefeller and company, get rid of all of them. America doesn't need them and we were doing fine before it was created. Rockefeller admitted himself of going against the best interest of the United States in his book 'Memoirs'.

"For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure -- one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
there is a difference between a depression and the recession

i dont think theres much to worry about

American has a huge work force

though i am enjoying the fact that the AUD is worth 93 USD atm, alrthoguh its of no significance to me whatsoever