I think I'm the firends zone, but I'm confused....

Tboneman

Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's some backstory. About 2 months ago, a girl from worked was hinting that I should ask her out, what with lines like "I haven't been on a date forever..." etc, etc...

So I asked her out, and she was all giddy and happy, and what not.

However, circumstances forced us to wait 2 months to get the first date in. Now, the date went all right. We went bowling, and I found out a bunch of stuff about her that I didn't know. A bunch of very personal stuff that just made me more attracted to her. The next day, we were both working, and I say to her that we need to do something next Saturday, since we both have that evening off. Then, she asked a most dreadful question: "As what?" To which I replied "As a date?" and she went "nuh uh, friends only!"

And so we bickered back and forth as usual about how our point of view is better, and I started asking her "Why? Is it because I'm not sexy/a virgin/insert reason C here?" and she was like "No, that's not it..." and I was like "is it because I'm being annoying?" and she replied "Maybe that's it!"

As you might be able to see, teasing and bickering is what usually makes us interact, I guess. But it looks pretty hopeless, don't you think?

*sigh* I'm probably gonna die a virgin, eh?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop arguing, dont be sooo damn serious, and have fun. Theres still hope, but it might take a little and you would have to know what youre doing...which you dont...so in that case...read some sh*t and go to www.bristollair.com

Evangenlion

Don Juan
Reaction score
This post smells virgin talk all the way till the end. She attempting to put you in the "friend zone", doesn't mean your in the friends zone.

You reek also of estrogen.

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grow some balls and tell her. "I'm alpha, I'll go out with a chick when I snap my fingers." You sound clingy. Never ask her to judge you. Only bad stuff will follow.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad attitude, dude.

*sigh* I'm probably gonna die a virgin, eh?
That's in your hands, not any else's, you've been coming here for over a year mate, you should know what to do!

Good luck, "go out as friends", and just DJ the way onto the next stage, but as the lads here said, have fun, be relaxed.

You should have turned the question round, that's an interesting thing to do, but I don't know how that one plays out.

Tboneman

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's in your hands, not any else's, you've been coming here for over a year mate, you should know what to do!
Well, I might have had the account for year, but sadly, I've only been on the boards on and off. But, I think I've figured out a way to remedy the situation. All I have to do is just act like usual, and hopefully it'll turn out ok. I think what happened was that I just got a little... crazy? Is that the word I should use? But I've regained my composer. I think I could probably jump out of the friends zone, if I'm even in that zone. Just gotta play it cool...