Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think I hate guys

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has really gotten to that point for me. I just hate all guys.

Well, not all guys, but most of them - probably 85 percent of the population.

I'm currently away on a business trip and really shouldn't be wasting time with posting, but I'm frustrated to the point that I need to.

The feeling hit an apex tonight for me. I just really hate the way the average male carries himself, especially in a bar/club setting when there are women around. Tonight was the perfect example. There are three or four girls I work with who always give me strong EC when I'm around them. Though, I've never had the opportunity to talk to them because of restrictions we have at the place I work. Let's just say they work in a different department than me, and things are set up so that we can never really interact.

Tonight, however, was my lucky night. Me and my coworkers got off work real late (which is why I'm posting at 4 a.m.) and decided to hit up the casual bar in our hotel to get something to eat and have a few drinks. We walk up to the bar, place our orders and sit down. As we're sitting at our table, I notice the three girls who I work with, the ones who all give me IOIs, sitting a few tables over. I tell my coworkers what I'm doing and get up to go to the bathroom so that I can swoop over to the girls' table on my way back. I pi$$, leave the bathroom and head back into the bar area, only to find some overweight douche bag who looks to be in his late 30s (no offense to any of the mature men here) sitting with the girls.

No problem I thought. I will let him get shot down and just make a return attempt when he is gone. Only, he never takes the hints (I can hear his conversation) and goes so far as to invite his friend over, who is older, greasier and even more out of shape. That friend brings another friend and before I know it the guys are buying round after round of drinks for the girls. The chicks all of a sudden don't mind the dudes sitting there because they are getting free booze. And frankly, I don't really blame them for putting up with the guys if the beer is flowing.

But it's the older dudes who I really have a serious problem with. It's fine being older and hitting on girls who are in their early 20s, that is if you're in shape, take care of yourself and have a realistic chance with chicks in that age demographic. But if you have no chance, take the god damn hint and get out of the way for the guys who actually have game.

I was close enough to their table to hear their conversations, and it was really as bad as I'm making it out to be. The guys were bringing up politics, creating awkward small talk about sexual positions and getting nothing accomplished. It was almost difficult to listen to, but their wallets were open and the drinks were flowing so the girls weren't kicking them out.

The guys never left. They literally followed the girls out of the bar to the lobby of our hotel. I tried to swoop out and catch the same elevator as the chicks, but I had no luck in doing so because they weren't done for the night. They went out the front door of the hotel and jumped in their car. All they said to the dudes who were practically following them was "Thanks for the drinks."

What a freakin waste. Seriously. The guys sat there with them for over an hour, buying drink after drink and keeping the girls from talking to guys who actually had a chance with them, and all the dudes got out of it was a "nice to meet you".

It's particularly frustrating because one of the girls is my type. She is the right height, right skin, and right personality - I can tell by how she carries herself and how she was being nice and courteous to the dude who was practically drooling on her. Finally had a chance to develop a rapport with her and these jerk-offs blow it.

What a complete clusterfvck.

This crap always happens when I go to bars. Guys who just don't have any game get a hold of the can of courage and all of a sudden they are able approach women. It levels the playing field for them, but they don't have any idea how to carry themselves when they drink enough to actually approach. The result is them getting in the way of guys who know what they're doing, and inflating the female ego even more.

And my close friends wonder why I go to places like the mall, the grocery store, and the bookstore to meet women.

I know some of you are going to tell me that I should come into these situations and pull some AMOG tactic or whatever that crap means, but it's just not in my personality. Plus, I think you kind of come off as a tool and completely rude if you interrupt people who are having a conversation, even if all parties involved aren't enjoying. There are scenarios where I'll interrupt the convo, if the guy is saying inappropriate crap I won't hesitate to start something, but for the most part I just don't have the heart to belittle some AFCs in front of girls, even if the dudes are really, really pi$$ing me off.

Anyway, I should be with at least one of them right now or making plans to be with one of them another night this week, since we are staying at the same friggin hotel. But instead I'm posting half-drunken rants on SoSuave.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok.. theres some serious things wrong with this story.

First off, you're that mad about some guys buying drinks for your female coworkers that you've never even talked to.. only stared at?

Second, I would say that they have more game than you because they had the balls to approach a table of women.. and stayed there the whole time. If you had as much game as you say you do, you wouldn't let douchebags like that get in your way.

Third, it doesn't really sound like they ruined your chance because you didn't even try to go talk to them.. you just saw the guys and got all mad and ended up listening to them all night instead of enjoying yourself which is kind of sad. Who cares if you go over and interrupt them? If they were talking about useless akward sh*t, then you wouldn't be interupting much. You would look like a hero for saving them from some greasy old men.. which is better rapport than any small talk you could of had. It would show that you have enough confidence to still go over and talk to them even though theres men at their table, and you would probably come off as an alpha if you just waltz over there and don't give a f*ck if you're rude and take over the conversation. If a noisy bar full of people drinking isn't a good scenario to interrupt (especially with some dirt balls talking about sex positions).. what exactly is then?

Finally.. you say you didn't want to belittle some AFC's infront of the girls, but all in all you ended up the average frustrated chump who came home all pissed off that some guys had some balls to go talk to some women out of their league.. and managed to stay at their table the whole night.

My advice..

Grow a pair, and if you wan't something.. go get it. End of story.
(Sorry if you are offended, but your story goes against pretty much everything on this site.)

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahahahaha..... you done ranting? Good, better luck next time buddy.

If you not willing to interrupt, don't beatch about it. This is how the world turns.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DismantleRepair said:
Oh, the irony.
Exactly my thought but I couldn't fit it into 1 sentence.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Brother Mike, the BEST thing for you to have done in that situation was kindly make your presence known and move your way into the set. Not in a pickup bullsh!t kind of way, instead as a friend and obvious first choice of these co-workers. Chat 'em all up. Be cool to the guys and the chicks. They would have had to aquiesce thier chumpness by the overt and obvious attention you should have gotten and by not spending one dime or making one run to get drinks.

You missed a golden opportunity but don't let it fester. Use it as a springboard the next time and the next time following.

Getting pissed and worked up will only force you to give up and that is the last thing you should ever do.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You made the same mistake that I and a lot of other guys make. You waited for a chance instead of making one. If they really wanted to get rid of these jerks, then they would've said something to them outright.

Instead of spending the night flirting with some hotties(them or some other ones), you spent it getting pissed and moaning about some missed oppertunity and how fatties were in your way.

The fact is that you didn't approach, so you have no one to blame but yourself.

DismantleRepair

Don Juan
Reaction score
You aren't c0ckblocking if the guys don't have c0cks to begin with. Getting the girl out of talking to a guy she's not into will only get you thanks and rapport.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you missed a golden chance. So many times I've heard from female friends who've been stuck in such a situation that they're just dying for some guys to hop in and help them out of it. Those AFCs were doing all the drink buying, so you wouldn't have to waste a cent on it, and it'd be so easy for you to stand out in comparison.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COme on man, waiting around for the dudes to leave. Screw that, make the girls make them buy you drinks too. Ha. You don't have to go rambo on them, just walk up and start talking. Forget AMOG crap. Anyone who uses acronyms to describe being alpha pretty much automatically isn't alpha!

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Brother Mike, the BEST thing for you to have done in that situation was kindly make your presence known and move your way into the set. Not in a pickup bullsh!t kind of way, instead as a friend and obvious first choice of these co-workers. Chat 'em all up. Be cool to the guys and the chicks. They would have had to aquiesce thier chumpness by the overt and obvious attention you should have gotten and by not spending one dime or making one run to get drinks.
I second that.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike, next time CREATE the OPPORTUNITY. Without thinking you NEED to 'AMOG".

Next time go over and introduce yourself.

"Hey you, I'm Mike from XYZ. Fancy seeing you here. How's your night going?" Smile , be casual and warm.

Acknowledge her female friends, and acknoledge the guys.
Then just stay there and let her talk to you.
You can have a nice chat whil ehse's there, if it gets real interesting invite her to sit with you or bounce with her.

Dont be afraid to make your presence known.
Especially when you know these women are NOT interested in those Chumps.

Mike, while its true, you shoudlnt be so EMOTIONALLY INVESTED and Outcome Dependent, this girl was cute..she was your type, I can totally relate, dude. I would have DEFINTIELY went over there and started chatting her.

My desire to get to know her, and confidence in myself knowing that I am good enough is enough to propel me to action, dude.
If shes not interested , I Still Win. Because I build Self Esteem...and I know the situation, instead of wondering about it and her.

Think about that

Don't ever let yourself be INTIMIDATED by anyone.

You know what I'm talking about, Mike.

And alas,

Rejection is better than Regret.

Look at yourself now.

Imgine if YOU were totally HER type as well....

How cool would that be?
Imagine if you two really hit it off...

Let this memory remain in your mind, and motivate you to approach anyway.

You are good enough

And you can interact with her without being so Dependent on the outcome and without being so Emotionally Invested.

And finally, this one is tough.

But strong Masculine Men are comfortable with Femenine women and other masculine men.

Being well socially adjusted means you can HANDLE Masculine and Femenine energies in social settings, to either side of the spectrum.

If these guys were chumps, you should have the knowledge that you can eat them for breakfast, dude.
Thats how I feel ...

Next time capitalize on the opportunity, CREATE it....

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
splinterkb said:
Ok.. theres some serious things wrong with this story.

First off, you're that mad about some guys buying drinks for your female coworkers that you've never even talked to.. only stared at?

Second, I would say that they have more game than you because they had the balls to approach a table of women.. and stayed there the whole time. If you had as much game as you say you do, you wouldn't let douchebags like that get in your way.

Third, it doesn't really sound like they ruined your chance because you didn't even try to go talk to them.. you just saw the guys and got all mad and ended up listening to them all night instead of enjoying yourself which is kind of sad. Who cares if you go over and interrupt them? If they were talking about useless akward sh*t, then you wouldn't be interupting much. You would look like a hero for saving them from some greasy old men.. which is better rapport than any small talk you could of had. It would show that you have enough confidence to still go over and talk to them even though theres men at their table, and you would probably come off as an alpha if you just waltz over there and don't give a f*ck if you're rude and take over the conversation. If a noisy bar full of people drinking isn't a good scenario to interrupt (especially with some dirt balls talking about sex positions).. what exactly is then?

Finally.. you say you didn't want to belittle some AFC's infront of the girls, but all in all you ended up the average frustrated chump who came home all pissed off that some guys had some balls to go talk to some women out of their league.. and managed to stay at their table the whole night.

My advice..

Grow a pair, and if you wan't something.. go get it. End of story.
(Sorry if you are offended, but your story goes against pretty much everything on this site.)
Oh shut up, you're reading way too much into it man. None of what you said is true at all.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:

You missed a golden opportunity but don't let it fester. Use it as a springboard the next time and the next time following.
You're right, Karma and I probably should have acted like that, but you have to hear where I'm coming from being a little bit older than some of the other guys who posted on this thread.

How many times have you walked in a bar or club and seen that exact scene play out? Three girls in their early- to mid-20s sitting at a table with three or four greasy looking, overweight guys who clearly have no chance. I just get so damn sick of having to deal with that situation, where I have to sit down with the grease balls who won't take a hint. This is half the reason why I hate picking up on girls in bars. (A) It's often too loud for me to concentrate and (B) Guys get ahold of that can of confidence and the playing field is leveled.

You have to admit, you know where I am coming from.

Getting pissed and worked up will only force you to give up and that is the last thing you should ever do.
If you knew me in person, you'd know that this isn't the only that I get pissed and overly worked up about. A little bit of that was the alcohol talking, but it really is kind of just my personality. You should see me behind the wheel of a car :crackup:

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
What you should have done is go over to the table at some point, chat to the group for a bit and slowly chat more to the girl of your fancy, then leave the table and tell them to have a fun night. You've then broken the ice, and the next time you see the girl you can chat to her one-on-one.

MM

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:

Pretty well point.

I would also add that your second mistake was making a half-drunk rant on this website, because you should have expected this type of reaction from the crowd.

Yeah, the night kind of stunk, but blaming someone else for it is not the solution.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
Oh shut up, you're reading way too much into it man. None of what you said is true at all.
What I said was based off of your story, and how you've got so much game that instead of going and talking to the girls you just sat and *****ed and pretty much defined what an AFC.. you ended up an average frustrated chump because you didn't have the balls to interrupt some greasy old men... even though you knew they would get nowhere.

Everything I said is true.. whether you want to admit it or not.

Finally had a chance to develop a rapport with her and these jerk-offs blow it. - You blew it yourself because you didn't even try and approach them with your "game" or lack of. Grow a pair and quit *****ing because it didn't work out exactly the way you wanted it to.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought the rant was understandable, sometimes amoging might be more effort than you fancy, inappropriate or even dangerous. But in the long run, these no-hopers just serve to make you look better.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Mike, next time CREATE the OPPORTUNITY. Without thinking you NEED to 'AMOG".

Next time go over and introduce yourself.

"Hey you, I'm Mike from XYZ. Fancy seeing you here. How's your night going?" Smile , be casual and warm.

Acknowledge her female friends, and acknoledge the guys.
Then just stay there and let her talk to you.
You can have a nice chat whil ehse's there, if it gets real interesting invite her to sit with you or bounce with her.

Dont be afraid to make your presence known.
Especially when you know these women are NOT interested in those Chumps.

Mike, while its true, you shoudlnt be so EMOTIONALLY INVESTED and Outcome Dependent, this girl was cute..she was your type, I can totally relate, dude. I would have DEFINTIELY went over there and started chatting her.

My desire to get to know her, and confidence in myself knowing that I am good enough is enough to propel me to action, dude.
If shes not interested , I Still Win. Because I build Self Esteem...and I know the situation, instead of wondering about it and her.

Think about that

Don't ever let yourself be INTIMIDATED by anyone.

You know what I'm talking about, Mike.

And alas,

Rejection is better than Regret.

Look at yourself now.

Imgine if YOU were totally HER type as well....

How cool would that be?
Imagine if you two really hit it off...

Let this memory remain in your mind, and motivate you to approach anyway.

You are good enough

And you can interact with her without being so Dependent on the outcome and without being so Emotionally Invested.

And finally, this one is tough.

But strong Masculine Men are comfortable with Femenine women and other masculine men.

Being well socially adjusted means you can HANDLE Masculine and Femenine energies in social settings, to either side of the spectrum.

If these guys were chumps, you should have the knowledge that you can eat them for breakfast, dude.
Thats how I feel ...

Next time capitalize on the opportunity, CREATE it....
Thanks Interceptor, that is really good advice. You know I always appreciate hearing what you have to say.

I'll admit, I might get intimidated a little bit in those situations. This might sound weird, but it's only because there is alcohol involved. It's just like, it's not a normal social situation because everyone is drinking and I don't stand out above the rest of the guys because they're drunk and they're able to be as outgoing and confident as I am - even if they are faking it. Sure, I'm a good looking guy, but that only takes me so far.

Though, my biggest issue probably is, I just get flustered and pissed off so easily. It's something I've been trying to work on for years, and it gets me in trouble in a lot of situations - not just with girls. If things don't go my way out of the gate, I get angry and lose all of my ability to concentrate. Like when I walked out of that bathroom, I had it all planned out in my head how the whole thing was going to go down, how I was going to smile, how I was going to sit, how they were going to respond to me, etc. And to walk back into the bar and see those douche bags sitting there, that's like getting a slow curve ball thrown at you when you're expecting a fast ball high and away.

When I approach girls, I'd say I have about a 60-75% success rate, which is probably pretty good. But in the instances when it doesn't work out, it goes really badly like it did last night, and I get pissed off, flustered and usually do something irrational.

Now, before you type out a post explaining to me how I need to calm down, I do need to point out that I have made some progress in this in recent years. A year or two ago, I would still be pissed off right now and stewing over it and allowing it to affect my confidence. But for the most part, right now, I'm over it and it's kind of become just a funny anecdote that I told my other coworkers today at lunch.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
splinterkb said:
What I said was based off of your story, and how you've got so much game that instead of going and talking to the girls you just sat and *****ed and pretty much defined what an AFC.. you ended up an average frustrated chump because you didn't have the balls to interrupt some greasy old men... even though you knew they would get nowhere.

Everything I said is true.. whether you want to admit it or not.

Finally had a chance to develop a rapport with her and these jerk-offs blow it. - You blew it yourself because you didn't even try and approach them with your "game" or lack of. Grow a pair and quit *****ing because it didn't work out exactly the way you wanted it to.
You might have a point somewhere, but you lose any credibility you have because of the cursing, because of the typical over-analyzing that goes on on this message board in particular, and because of the "That's AFC" kind of talk that ruins SoSuave.

You're only 21 man. You probably have a perception of what a bar is like right now, but in four years that will change completely. Believe me. The typical "bar setting" outside of a big city is usually greasy old guys drooling over the handful of girls who are in their early- to mid-20s. It just gets old.

Unfortunately, you will understand where I am coming from some day.