Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I smoke pot. what are the risks?

dirt

Don Juan
Reaction score
friend again:

Precisely.. ILLEGAL. I also won't date guys that drink and drive, don't have car insurance, basically blatently disobey the law with full knowledge. It exhibits a certain irresponsibility that typically goes along with immaturity and disrespect. But hey.... to each his own.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll bet you speed all the time. If so, you break the law and put other people's lives at risk. We all see the world the way we want to.

I pay taxes, go to work, have a clean house, and otherwise take care of my body. I have a good career, am motivated and have "productive" hobbies... if I never told you I smoke you'd never know.

Reaction score
Ah Big N, you do site that website very well, and more power to them for existing, however go read medical research journals, not a third party information site that merely copied their information ffrom the government sources, I know i called their 1-800 and asked where they get the information from. Let's just say that all things are politically motivated, as you suggested with coffee, yet you seem to dismiss such poilitical effect on marijuana, why?

Furthermore, the health side effects of lower testosterone levels, exist with ANY kind of smoking. In terms of psycological dependence leading to more being used, that's called tolerance like I said. Your body develops tolerances to everything, its the only way we could survive. I also saw some redundancy in your comments, like problems related to smokers, tar, and bronchitis; aren't they all problem's similar to those experienced by smokers. Anyway, I said nothing of smoking marijuana. I simply said that human physiology and the cannabanoids in marijuana do not act synergystecially and they do not. If the delivery method, you proposed smoking, causes problems, its not the fault of the chemical. Marijuana is also eaten in alot of cultures. Do they experience bronchitis from it? Get real. In terms of the neurons in your body, and lets get specific here, its the cortextual neurons on the blood brain barrier that are primarily affected. They dont die like with alcohol, or scar like with caffeine, yes caffeine. Rather they have lipids attach to them over a period of time, very slowly or not at all if the use is not continuous. Oh and the body processes them away in six months after stopping of usage.

You raised god points, but my thought is this, that was a site advertising theri drug rehab program, they make money and exist in a capitalist enviornment by getting people to go pay them to get them clean, I wonder are they an NPO (Non-Profit Organization). lol. Anyway, if you care to actually read real research journals i can give you the names of a few, but it usually requires going to to a campus medical library if you don't mind.

--Were just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl--

Reaction score
oh and I almost forgot, coffee is addictive, ask a coffee drinker not to drink any coffee for a week, better if its a roommate, and see what happens, there is a withdrawl period. that's a fact. Caffeine which is in coffee is a stimulant. Stimulants cause an excited state of neurotransmitter dispersal, that is one way that physical dependency is created for a chemical in your body, oh and by the way marijuana doesn't do that. Once again though, it is illegal so don't do it.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a senior in high school. Right now the school is practically dominated by kids who drink alchohol at parties. Alchohol is too hard on the body, too detrimental to my weightlifting.

As such, I found something that still allowed me to get "fvcked up" (even though I prefer getting drunk to stoned), without presenting the same risk to my body.

The only problem I have is that when I get stoned, I have a reverse of the munchies. I get "full" and don't want to eat, which is a problem when I'm in a bulking cycle. Of course, I always can force myself to eat - so really I see pot as hardly harmful at all, only a little smoke.

dirt

Don Juan
Reaction score
friend:

as a matter of fact I DON'T speed. I also wear my seat belt, make complete stops at stop signs and leave two car lengths between myself and the driver in front of me.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't speed? I doubt it. But whatever, lets just agree to dis-agree. Smoking pot does not make me any less responsible than someone who drinks alcohol or smokes cigarettes. I know its a risk, I know its not healthy, but its something that I enjoy and you only get one life. I don't do everything the government tells me.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Darkside: Your points are well taken. Very well thought out. You got me on the "delivery" (I forgot that you can also eat it) and the politics behind marijuana. It's good to see someone who does drugs that actually has researched the effects on their body. I stand down. Have fun, dude. Anyways, I'd ask you to post those journals so that the other kids on this thread can research the drug they so ignorantly pump into their bodies, especially DoctorLW.

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It isn't true for everybody, but pot can and often does lead to harder drugs. I started out smoking pot recreationally at age 13 and by the time I was sixteen I was shooting heroin every day.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tryin to Grow a Chin
It isn't true for everybody, but pot can and often does lead to harder drugs. I started out smoking pot recreationally at age 13 and by the time I was sixteen I was shooting heroin every day.
...you think pot made you shoot heroin?

Get a grip buddy, Mary Jane didnt tell you to do anything, you just made an absolutely retarded decision.

Congrats, genius.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big N
Darkside: Your points are well taken. Very well thought out. You got me on the "delivery" (I forgot that you can also eat it) and the politics behind marijuana. It's good to see someone who does drugs that actually has researched the effects on their body. I stand down. Have fun, dude. Anyways, I'd ask you to post those journals so that the other kids on this thread can research the drug they so ignorantly pump into their bodies, especially DoctorLW.
Thanks for singling me out. I'm fully aware of the health risks.

There aren't very many.

A) Lung Damage from tar. (I only smoke from a water bong which greatly reduces this.)

B) Stupidity like trying to drive while completely fvcked up. People like this are just asking for it.

Considering I smoke AT MOST twice a week, A isn't gonna be that much of a problem. And I'm not an idiot, so we can rule B out too. Where does that leave us? Looks like pot is the only recreational drug that isn't going to fvck me over badly in the long run.

Last edited:

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FlyGuy

...Also, don't even try to convince me that weed turns you into a criminal. Alcohol is BY FAR more inhibiting than weed and nobody seems to have a problem with that...
This is another proof on how screwed the world is.

I think everyone DO have a big problem with that. But since all of them share the same problem, they simply ignore it.

By the way, I don't drink (not even coffie), nor do smoke anything.