"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

I self sabatoge and it’s becoming clear to me that I’m my own worst enemy

superstorm250

Banned
Joined
Dec 13, 2014
Messages
77
Reaction score
8
Ok so last night for Halloween, I went over to my friend’s house because he asked to borrow an inflatable haunted castle that I have so that we can hand out candy in it. On Halloween just a couple hours before I go over there, he tells me that he also invited a girl that he knows from work and wants to set me up because we have similar interests and the same political views. I get there and I already have my mask on before I even walk up and I leave it on the whole time I’m there so she never sees my face, and her costume didn’t have a mask so I do see hers. My friend goes in the house to get another chair and she peeks her head out and introduces herself, I sit down next to her in silence after that and every other time we’re left alone, its dead silence with her sometimes trying to make conversation that just quickly dies out. I wouldn’t even let myself try and make conversation with her no matter what because my conscience already convinced me that I need to fu*k this up. When my friend is there, the two of them just talk to each other and I’m not part of the conversation.

I then arrange a rescue call that my sister’s car is broken down and she needs help so that I have an excuse to leave. This isn’t the first time I’ve done this, I have a self fulfilling prophecy that no girl will ever want to date me so my conscience always makes me fu*k things up deliberately. How do I stop this? I can’t be the only one who’s had this problem, but I can tell its gonna be hard to break free from a mindset I’ve had about dating for my whole life.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
You and @bigdave17 should compare notes.

Perhaps you both can learn something from each other.
 

Doctor Europeo

Moderator
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
4,415
Reaction score
4,800
Location
Mexico
Chill the f0ck out op. New girls turning 18 everyday!!!

Grab a f0ocking beer, relax.

Start hitting the gym on the regular.

Stop worrying about girls and focus on yourself. Do stuff you like to do. Get some cool hobbies. Practice some team sport.

Focus on you passions. Be successfull. Make a ton of money. Have fun. Girls will start to orbit you and you start spinning plates.
 
Top