I Really Need Some Input on How to Handle This

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted this in the regular discssion forum by mistake and meant to post it in the Mature man forum:

I have been dating this female for about one year now. We work at the same place. We sometime even work together. We have mostly been keeping our relationship a secret because she said she did not know what my intentions were and that the men in my profession have a bad reputation of asking the women out in our workplace just to screw them and dump them. I cannot deny this accusation so I wnet along with her wishes. She told a few of her coworkers that we were dating but whenever we see each other at work, we say little to each other so no one would know our business. Meanwhile, I have been spending nights with her and her son has grown attached to me and look at me as a father figure which I do not mind.

Every since we have been dating, she has been telling me about one of our other coworkers always come on to her. She told me that he always corners her in one of the rooms and she turns him down although she never told him that she had a boyfriend. The guy and I speak to each other all the time and I never held any thing against him because I figured he did not know we were dating anyway.

Anyway, the woman and I broke up a few months ago for about two months then we got back together. She told me that the coworker was really trying hard to get with her then and her friends at work were trying to push her to date him. I told her that he keeps on trying to hook up with her because she won't tell him that she is dating someone else and as long as she pretends that she is available, he will keep trying. I began to wonder if she was just giving me updates on this situation just in case she did try to talk to him, she would have her tracks covered and say "I always told you he was flirting with me." She said she thought he was ugly and she could never give him the light of day because she was not attracted to him.

So we have been back together since June. I began to notice that her behavior would change whenever we had little spats. She used to try to resolve things but now, she would say nothing and just let tension build up. There was one whole week when we were not calling each other much and I wondered why she wasn't blowing up my phone like she usually would. I avoided calling her since it seem as if she wanted to end the relationship but none of the spats were ever big enough to end the relationship.

Last night, this chic who I dated while her were broke up called me while we were laying in the bed. She asked me who it was, I told her that it was my cousin and I didn't answer the phone. I should have been straight up but I was afraid that I would look like I was cheating on her if she found out it was my ex. I checked my voicemail this morning and the chic said she only was calling because she saw that I called her so she was returning my call. She said that if I did not mean to call her then I do not have to call her back. I deleted the voicemail and the call log.

So here it is:

After I deleted the voicemail, I went downstairs to use her PC. Her phone was right next to her PC. I have been noticing over the past couple of months that she never leaves her cellphone laying around anymore. So I looked through her call log and I saw that she had been calling our coworker and he has been calling her. A lot!! According to the call log, they have been calling each other every since we had broken up. The last time I saw that they talked to each other in the log was on September 1st which is the day I started working in her department for the month. So for the past week her, our cowroker and I have been working together in a isolated work enevironment along with other workers. I saw that she has been calling him and he has been calling her at 1 and 2 o clock in the morning and even on days she has been off. That week when we were not talking to each other very much, she was talking to him...a lot.

I went back upstairs and I ran into her, she walked up to me and asked where was I. I told her I was using the PC. I looked at my cellphone which I left with her in the room and saw that it was lit up as if someone had been using it. My cellphone usually turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity and I made sure I turned it off before I went downstairs. She had been going through my phone as well btu i did delete that call log from my ex.

I pretended as if nothing was wrong. before I left for work, I kissed her and told her that I will come back to spend a night tonight.

I am wondering what is the best way to approach this. I am working with our coworker right now. I was wondering if I should call her and tell her what I found out and demand that she tell me the truth or I will confront our coworker and ask him. On the other hand, I can just go back to her place as I originally planned and just confront her with it. I know she would just throw the incident involving that mysterious call to my cellphone last night back in my face but I honestly was innocent in that regard. I somehow, mistakenly dialed my ex's number. I need some feedback here.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at your stupid ass. Focking around with women at work? Confronting coworkers? You are a dumbass aren't you. Leave the other guy out of it first and formost. Forget about him. It's not about him. Drop your ego NOW.

She wanted to keep your thing on the DL so she could keep running game, she kept mentioning the guy because she was thinking about him...she gets hit on all day by tons of men in the street, at the store, at the mall, so why is she talking about this particular one? Hmmm? Use your pimp brain. She wants to know if you are hip to the game...if you've heard the office gossip or not. You think her coworkers she told, didn't tell other people? Your a fool. The whole office probably knows about everything. Assume that they do but say nothing.

Realise that your job could be in jeopardy depending on how you handle this. I don't know how important your job is to you...but I figure its more important than a woman or confronting another male coworker.

What to do....wean off of her. Start being busy...let her chase you until she eventually gives up. Go by and hit that ass and then dip, don't spend the night. Limit your time. Pull back and away slowly. Date other girls. Girls who don't work with you, dumbass. Good luck. Let's see if you stay stupid or not.

If it sounds like I'm angry...its probably because I am. You should be too. Be mad at yourself for being this lame. Learn something from this.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior, you are silly. I posted this in the "mature man" forum to avoid juvenile replies.

I was contemplating confronting the cowroker because we actually get along and figured he might want to know he is getting played as well. I definitely don't get into blaming other men for being men. Don't think you are some pimp, chump. Go away.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See how you showed your Homotions. This is why you fail. You are already acting immature in an all too mature situation. Leave it son.

You are just giving me reasons for why you want to do what you want to do. So go for it. Confront the guy.

Your so smart, why did you post? Did you post to hear what you wanted to hear or to hear the truth?

The other guy gave you great advice in his post. you didn't respond to him either. You are obviously fishing for what you really want to hear. Good luck kiddo.

Also...post your age if your gonna post in MM.

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman talks about one guy more than a few times about hitting on her is because she is interested in that guy. Why is she telling you about him if she wasn't or less she is trying to make you jeolous.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Fantasy said:
Warrior, you are silly. I posted this in the "mature man" forum to avoid juvenile replies.
Juvenile replies for a juvenile situation.

Where do you work, anyway? You implied that it was an office job. This isn't some 2-year stint at TGIFridays or the local supermarket until you graduate college and move on, is it? You shouldn't be screwing around with people you directly work with. I screwed around with a girl that I only worked with indirectly, and it's STILL awkward every time I see her.

Warrior may be offensive, but he's right. It's time to leave this situation. Don't start some big confrontation...but slowly start to work yourself free of her.

Or I dunno, keep trying to "salvage the situation" while she's off screwing your ugly buddy at work.

You know why women are "scared of getting that reputation" that their co-workers can just screw them and dump them? Because these women ARE getting screwed and dumped. It's probably NOT just you and your buddy.

You think you're "mature" because you're trying to polish a turd of a relationship instead of flushing it like you should? If that's "mature", then I'm gonna change my name to Peter Pan. :woo:

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am wondering what is the best way to approach this.
The best way is to tell her to pack her bags, lick your wounds privately and move on with your life.

Claiming she wanted to keep your relationship a secret but then she told some co-workers? She can't be trusted.

Talking about the other man (as pointed out by another poster), red flag.

Claiming "her friends at work were trying to push her to date him", IOW, "it's not my fault!". Even more so.

She never told him that she had a boyfriend? Red flag.

Hiding the cell phone? Major red flag. And considering what you found on the call log, no surprise.

Now these flags are actually sounding off very loud alarms, right?

"the woman and I broke up a few months ago for about two months then we got back together."

- Well now what you've got is a broken relationship you're trying to make strong. But it's like a broken limb in that it has a crack. The reasons you guys broke up are still intact.

"I began to notice that her behavior would change whenever we had little spats. She used to try to resolve things but now, she would say nothing"

- because now she was at the point where she gave up on the relationship, probably because she's getting vested into someone else. So, since she didn't care anymore, there's nothing to fight about. She's actually planning her departure.

As you can see, it goes from some flags to major flags.

It's not going to get better.

I was wondering if I should call her and tell her what I found out and demand that she tell me the truth or I will confront our coworker and ask him.
Confronting only makes them put up a defense. Here's how it goes:

1. She'll either deny it,

2. Tell you that you're imagining things,

3. Say you're being insecure,

4. Accuse YOU of having an affair.

The best way to handle it is to know what you know is the hard evidence. Then you innocently ask, "You seem to be acting differently, is there anything I should know?" - but to be honest with you, what are you going to accomplish by talking with her? You can't trust anything she says anymore. She's betrayed your trust. Even if she were to come clean and act terribly sorry, she's betrayed your trust.

Even if she gives you a detail or two, it's probably fudged. She'll also lie by omission. Their stories change. In fact, the rule is: you can tell that she's telling you lies - if her lips are moving.

And if you confront him... first of all - he's not the problem. She is. If it wasn't him, it'd be another guy.

But if you confront him, he'll either tell you he didn't know and BS you about how he'll stop (but he'll still see her behind your back, they'll just be more careful to hide their tracks and get their stories straight), or tell you to f@ck off.

And don't worry about her kid. Move on. You're not his father.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
The best way is to tell her to pack her bags, lick your wounds privately and move on with your life.

Claiming she wanted to keep your relationship a secret but then she told some co-workers? She can't be trusted.

Talking about the other man (as pointed out by another poster), red flag.

Claiming "her friends at work were trying to push her to date him", IOW, "it's not my fault!". Even more so.

She never told him that she had a boyfriend? Red flag.

Hiding the cell phone? Major red flag. And considering what you found on the call log, no surprise.

Now these flags are actually sounding off very loud alarms, right?

"the woman and I broke up a few months ago for about two months then we got back together."

- Well now what you've got is a broken relationship you're trying to make strong. But it's like a broken limb in that it has a crack. The reasons you guys broke up are still intact.

"I began to notice that her behavior would change whenever we had little spats. She used to try to resolve things but now, she would say nothing"

- because now she was at the point where she gave up on the relationship, probably because she's getting vested into someone else. So, since she didn't care anymore, there's nothing to fight about. She's actually planning her departure.

As you can see, it goes from some flags to major flags.

It's not going to get better.

Confronting only makes them put up a defense. Here's how it goes:

1. She'll either deny it,

2. Tell you that you're imagining things,

3. Say you're being insecure,

4. Accuse YOU of having an affair.

The best way to handle it is to know what you know is the hard evidence. Then you innocently ask, "You seem to be acting differently, is there anything I should know?" - but to be honest with you, what are you going to accomplish by talking with her? You can't trust anything she says anymore. She's betrayed your trust. Even if she were to come clean and act terribly sorry, she's betrayed your trust.

Even if she gives you a detail or two, it's probably fudged. She'll also lie by omission. Their stories change. In fact, the rule is: you can tell that she's telling you lies - if her lips are moving.

And if you confront him... first of all - he's not the problem. She is. If it wasn't him, it'd be another guy.

But if you confront him, he'll either tell you he didn't know and BS you about how he'll stop (but he'll still see her behind your back, they'll just be more careful to hide their tracks and get their stories straight), or tell you to f@ck off.

And don't worry about her kid. Move on. You're not his father.

Thanks, now this is the kind of input I was requesting. I just wanted someone on the outside looking in just to give input on the best way to handle it. I know she has to be dumped.

-Should I try to have her explain first?

-Do I let her know that she is busted?

-Do I just walk off and never say anything again?

I am sure out of all my years of dating, some woman has cheated on me here or there before but I have never had something so concrete as this.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy said:
Thanks, now this is the kind of input I was requesting. I just wanted someone on the outside looking in just to give input on the best way to handle it. I know she has to be dumped.

-Should I try to have her explain first?

-Do I let her know that she is busted?

-Do I just walk off and never say anything again?

I am sure out of all my years of dating, some woman has cheated on me here or there before but I have never had something so concrete as this.
LOL. I told you the same thing. Your punk ass just couldn't look past my abrasive style to see the jewels that were placed before you. mental note. Say it nice for the kiddies...they don't get it other wise.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
LOL. I told you the same thing. Your punk ass just couldn't look past my abrasive style to see the jewels that were placed before you. mental note. Say it nice for the kiddies...they don't get it other wise.

You know what, I am not going to even play around with your sorry ass. You don't know who the hell I am or what I am about so you can keep on trying to talk tough and look cool in front of the boys. The fact is that your sorry ass must get a life and rep through this site. While you are spending your life on this site making hundreds of posts, I am out stroking the kitties. Oooh, yeah, you got big game on sosuave.com. Why not use some of that time laying some chics? Get lost loser.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior's style might be abrasive yet sometimes it's needed when AFC's really dig in. And some pretty obvious stuff in this thread such as good advice regarding not messin' around at work and not involving the other guy - your situation has zero to do with him. And the red flags have been thrown on the field.

This thread is a great DJ learning lesson wrapped up in a few posts. It demonstrates just how naturally and almost subconsiencly women play the attraction game. Fantasy was literally watching the branch swinging in slow motion. Yet she did this over the course of months and he never caught on to her indirect covert game.

A women talking about other guys being interested in her (and not being overtly uncomfortable with it) is not just a red flag it is one of their top 'A' game sh!t tests. She wanted your relationship to be secret - no woman with genuine strong desire will care about that. That meant she wanted to keep her options open or more precisely, was spinning more than one plate even if it wasn't intimate yet. All the while, notice how indirectly she did all of this. It would be fascinating if it weren't so darned frustrating.

Back to the 'A' game sh!t test. Obviously you failed. She had multiple guys showing interest. What better than to talk about the other guy with each one. Eventually one will crack, becoming more insecure and believe me if you can't sense showing insecurity she definitely can and probably did here. And in that instant she 'felt' that the other guy is the Alpha (relatively speaking). Also notice how she had both of you in her frame from day 1. Her kung fu was strong :)

All along she wanted you to be the most indifferent. Actually, what probably would have helped your case more was if you had been obviously spinning more plates when you had first met. Then her choice would have been between the other guy who was providing her with validation (ie pursuing) and you who would have been mysterious and explicating value via dating others and including her in your little harem.

But you failed the test (not an easy one to pass). And now what she is really hoping is that you'll step back down to being her girlfriend so that she can date the new guy (and spin even more plates). That would make her feel secure and warm and happy and giggly with no guilt, etc. But she plays the game so naturally that she just knows you don't want to do this - ego and desire get in the way. The one thing you want (intimacy) has been taken away and is now being given to someone else. What did cavemen do with this happened eh? So what better than you to confront her and bring the other guy directly into it too. It will end up in a big confrontation/fight and she will then have her reason to eject - it will be your fault. She can leave feeling secure and happy and no more guilt. Checkmate! They do this naturally. Its a preservation mechanism at more levels that can we possibly understand.

Why don't you do what's best for you. Just let it go. Don't try to solve it or confront - THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT SHE KNOWS, EXPECTS and HOPES YOU WILL DO. Instead, just move forward with your life. She'll be in shock because none of the other guys do this. You probably knew all along that a LTR with this woman wouldn't be healthy - just look at the red flags.

Actually, the best thing you can do (w/r to guy # 2) is point him to SS once she swings from him to the next because he'll probably need it to. Until then, let her eject him from the Matrix - he'll be more likely to stay unplugged that way.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sinistar's post sums it all up. Actually, all the posters gave really good advice. Warrior may have been overly harsh, but you need to have thick skin to take advice from here. Don't take it personally.

The option that is best for YOU is to simply walk away. This will allow you to keep your job and self-respect. You are NOT going to patch things up with this woman, and even if you did, you'd still feel resentful of her for her lack of commitment. If you confront her angrily to break up with her, she will spin the story to make you look bad to your coworkers. You will be forced to work in an even more uncomfortable work environment. Instead, just withdraw. Don't call her. Turn her down. If she asks why, DO NOT tell her that you were snooping through her call log--that is what PSYCHOS do. Tell her that you don't feel like it's working anymore and that it's bound to complicate things at work. In other words, treat it like you're gently breaking up with her.

Now, for future reference, let's take a look at what you did wrong so you don't make these mistakes again:

1. Dating a coworker. Never a good idea if you value your job, because most relationships don't last that long, and once they end, your work environment will be changed irrevocably.

2. Carrying on a "secret"/fake relationship. Her reason for keeping it secret is ridiculous. You should have been spinning plates until she was ready to go public. Women in happy relationships LOVE showing off their boyfriends, so if she's hesitant to even TELL people about you, it's not a relationship.

3. Taking her back after she broke up with you the first time. I went out on a limb in assuming that she was the one that ended it, but it's fairly obvious from your post. It's never healthy to take a woman back after she dumps you, and it just prolongs the bad feelings you harbor after a breakup.

4. Ignoring the "coworker" red flag. If she was truly repulsed by him, she would have certainly put a stop to his inappropriate advances. If you were actually her boyfriend, you should have made sure she put a stop to his advances--AFC orbiters can destroy perfectly healthy relationships. But, since you didn't have a relationship, you should have been spinning plates. When you are REACTIVE as opposed to PROACTIVE in a situation like this, you are basically sitting on your thumbs until SHE decides to branch swing.

5. Not calling it quits when you stopped being happy with her. If sh's always fighting with you and not trying to resolve conflicts, she is not worth your time. Break up with her once she no longer brings you happiness--you're not doing anyone any favors by sticking around.

6. SNOOPING THROUGH HER CALL LOG!!! Please don't EVER do this again. If you look hard enough, you will ALWAYS find something that is unsettling. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Build a relationship on trust--if you feel the need to keep tabs on her private conversations, you should terminate the relationship.

Now get out there and meet some new girls that WILL make you happy!

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy said:
You know what, I am not going to even play around with your sorry ass. You don't know who the hell I am or what I am about so you can keep on trying to talk tough and look cool in front of the boys. The fact is that your sorry ass must get a life and rep through this site. While you are spending your life on this site making hundreds of posts, I am out stroking the kitties. Oooh, yeah, you got big game on sosuave.com. Why not use some of that time laying some chics? Get lost loser.
Bwahahahaha. Dood. I'm on this site to share my experiences and things I have learned from the field. You are here asking for basic instructions on DJing! You are just mad because I keep calling you out. And you keep responding. If I, some random anonymous person from the internet can get under your skin and own you, I can only imagine what this girl is doing to you. I'm just pushing your buttons because you let me. Just like a woman would. And I think your weak, just like your woman does. You respond too quickly to strong emotion. Even when its just text on a screen from someone you don't know. You mad at me and I'm laughing at you. You have barely responded to anyone else here but me. This thread is all about you buddy. You need to be absorbing this game these guys are schooling you with instead of trying to throw petty insults at me. Now tell us, what have you learned from all of this? Anything?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ONLY way you confront her/him is if you already have been hired for a better job[so you don't miss this one] and a better looking woman[showing her you don't miss her either] Otherwise you can end up fired,single,broke,charged with sexual harassment [good reasons not to date co-workers]etc.

If he is a friend, you can warn him. He won't listen,but you could try. If he knows about you, he's an "@ss bandit" and not a friend.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffst1980 said:
Sinistar's post sums it all up. Actually, all the posters gave really good advice. Warrior may have been overly harsh, but you need to have thick skin to take advice from here. Don't take it personally.

The option that is best for YOU is to simply walk away. This will allow you to keep your job and self-respect. You are NOT going to patch things up with this woman, and even if you did, you'd still feel resentful of her for her lack of commitment. If you confront her angrily to break up with her, she will spin the story to make you look bad to your coworkers. You will be forced to work in an even more uncomfortable work environment. Instead, just withdraw. Don't call her. Turn her down. If she asks why, DO NOT tell her that you were snooping through her call log--that is what PSYCHOS do. Tell her that you don't feel like it's working anymore and that it's bound to complicate things at work. In other words, treat it like you're gently breaking up with her.

Now, for future reference, let's take a look at what you did wrong so you don't make these mistakes again:

1. Dating a coworker. Never a good idea if you value your job, because most relationships don't last that long, and once they end, your work environment will be changed irrevocably.

2. Carrying on a "secret"/fake relationship. Her reason for keeping it secret is ridiculous. You should have been spinning plates until she was ready to go public. Women in happy relationships LOVE showing off their boyfriends, so if she's hesitant to even TELL people about you, it's not a relationship.

3. Taking her back after she broke up with you the first time. I went out on a limb in assuming that she was the one that ended it, but it's fairly obvious from your post. It's never healthy to take a woman back after she dumps you, and it just prolongs the bad feelings you harbor after a breakup.

4. Ignoring the "coworker" red flag. If she was truly repulsed by him, she would have certainly put a stop to his inappropriate advances. If you were actually her boyfriend, you should have made sure she put a stop to his advances--AFC orbiters can destroy perfectly healthy relationships. But, since you didn't have a relationship, you should have been spinning plates. When you are REACTIVE as opposed to PROACTIVE in a situation like this, you are basically sitting on your thumbs until SHE decides to branch swing.

5. Not calling it quits when you stopped being happy with her. If sh's always fighting with you and not trying to resolve conflicts, she is not worth your time. Break up with her once she no longer brings you happiness--you're not doing anyone any favors by sticking around.

6. SNOOPING THROUGH HER CALL LOG!!! Please don't EVER do this again. If you look hard enough, you will ALWAYS find something that is unsettling. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Build a relationship on trust--if you feel the need to keep tabs on her private conversations, you should terminate the relationship.

Now get out there and meet some new girls that WILL make you happy!

Thanks, for the replies, minus Warrior's. I don't need some BS about "toug-love" approach, anonymous internet guy, and pushing buttons. I don't care who you are, there are cool guys who get things across in a cool way no matter what the forum is, and their are @**holes who just have no social skills and don't know how to verbally deliver any thing.

Again, apprecitae all other replies. I will only clarify the points made above and leave it at that.

1. dating a coworker: I am in a profession where most fo my time is spent at work. It is just a part of my profession and there is nothing I can do about it unless I quit my profession all together. Many of my coworkers tend to hook up in the workplace at some point in their career. You just don't have a lot of extra time outside of working. The good thing is, I will never be broke.

2. Carrying on a secret relationship: I didn't mind this at all because it left my options open as well. To be honest, many guys in my profession do prey on the women in her field and dump them after they get in the panties. I have done it and my buddies at work have done it in teh past. So like I said in my orginal post, I could not deny it when she brought up that point. She eventually began to tell others that we were dating and most people began to know but I really don't think the other guy did.

3. I broke up with her originally. I started seeing someone else and worked offsite for about 3 months and when I returned, I felt like hitting it again and it went on from there.

4. Now here is definitely where I went wrong. I called myself not trying to let her get me jealous about this whole thing and just playing it cool. She would tell me about it and I would yawn. Mistake.

5. Another mistake.

6. Man, I am glad I went through that call log. I have excercised much discipline as far her privacy but when someone obviously starts hiding their cell phone in drawers and leaving it out of the room when they sleep when they used to sleep with it in the room all of the time, it is time to see what is up. Now, I don't have to assume anything. I know the truth and I am glad that I moved on with a strong support to do so.

I knew that there were many red flags and that is why I broke up with her the first time. But, later, I eventually got horny and caught up. Well, good luck to the other guy, oh, is he going to need it.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol. I can't believe how much of a sissy you are Fantasy.

No wonder you're getting played.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
LOL... SIMPLE SHE IS ONE OF THE OFFICE HOS.... she is fing you the other dude and who ever else... what should you do??? Keep fing her as long as you can but spin other plates... SHE IS NOT RELATIONHSIP MATERIAL...

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy, seriously, the ONLY reason you don't like Warrior's advice is because it is the cold, hard truth that you do not want to face. Look in the mirror, am I lying? You know I am not.

I mean look at you. You're still pondering whether or not to "confront" her. Dude are you serious? Indifference, not hate, is the opposite of love.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy said:
1. dating a coworker: I am in a profession where most fo my time is spent at work. It is just a part of my profession and there is nothing I can do about it unless I quit my profession all together. Many of my coworkers tend to hook up in the workplace at some point in their career. You just don't have a lot of extra time outside of working. The good thing is, I will never be broke.
Somewhere there is a manager wondering why productivity is in the crapper.