"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

I really need some advice about life in highschool

FBGangsta

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Alright, every once in a while, I'll stop for a while, and just think about sh*t. Well, lately I've been thinking about this.....

I'm a pretty athletic guy. I play football, and run track. However, the thing that draws me back, is my speed. I'm just not fast enough, that's kind of why I joined track in the first place, to help me with my speed, but it didn't do much last year. The thing that makes me stand out, is my strength. I lift weights like 6 days/week, came 3rd in the state powerlifting competition, and I'm the (overall) strongest sophmore at my school.

What I have been thinking about, is why even keep playing sports? Sure, it is fun, but I'm not going anywhere with track, and football, I'm decent, but I doubt I can get a scholarship to play in college. So, when I think about this, I feel like I'm waisting my time playing sports while I could be earning money or working harder at school to get in a good college.

I'd still lift weights......just not as much, but just enough to stay ripped, and I'd still run to stay in shape. But then I look at all the good things you get by playing sports (specially football) in highschool, such as a higher status than the rest. But the downside is you have little time for school and no time for a job.

I don't know. I'm just really confused right now. I know I'm not going anywhere after highschool with sports, but......i don't know, I just don't know. Please help me and tell me what you think, right now I'm confused as hell.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Bombshell

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Indiana
The only thing that matters about sports is if you are having fun playing them or not. Sports are just meant to be fun, if you are only in it for the status and dont enjoy it, then quit. Some people play sports for the status but only people who dont know how to make friends need to play sports for status. An account of this being a dj site i assume you would want status mostly for girls, but it doesnt really matter. If you know anything of how attraction works then sports dont matter at all. I used to want the status that sports would give me when i was just starting off at my new school and it can help in making friends but certainly not needed. Status is about being confident and having a fun personality. Some years I will play sports and others i wont, it all depends on if im having fun. This summer i was going to football practices and decided I didnt want to play it this year so I quit. Now im still better friends with most of the players that were on the team than they are with each other. Also since i learned how to attract women this has been my most sucessfull year with women ever and even cheerleaders are all over me. Just remember to do what you want to do and remember you dont need sports for friends.
 
Joined
May 28, 2003
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Location
Nodferatu's Lair
yeah, NEVER EVER EVER PLAY SPORTS FOR STATUS!

If you do, you're a poseur and probably aren't any good at the sport you play to begin with. This is what separates the great players from the average players...Its the love of the game, its from the heart.

I love football to death, I don't play it anymore(for right now) because my back was f*cked up, and I partyied way too hard...and other reasons which I won't discuss. If you like the sport play it as long as possible.
 

FBGangsta

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
I love football, but the thing is, I'm not that good, so I'm not going anywhere with it. So i think I will quit and just get a job. Besides, I don't really need the status, I have already made a name for myself at my school. I mean, I do have fun playing football, but it's not worth it if I'm not going anywhere with it......might as well just play some backyard games w/my friends.

Thanx for your input. I have an interview at McDonalds tomorrow and another one at Culvers on tuesday. Any advice on what to say/not say so i get the job?
 

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
How much do you weigh? If you don't weigh a lot, like < 180 then I highly recommend wrestling, if you are as strong as you are. With a little work, you will be able to bust everyone in your weight class :)

btw, have you looked into manual labor? Manual labor is fun dude, some people don't like it because it's hard, but the harder the better in my opinion-- plus it pays so much better. Girls also like men who do manual labor, as compared to McDonalds. :)
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

FBGangsta

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Well, by manual labor, do you mean like building sh*t? I mean, I'd love to do something more active, but, I'd only be working about 3 hrs/day, so McDonalds seems easier.

Oh, and wrestling.......I tried it freshmen year, and I hated it. Something about having to grab sweaty guy's near the crotch.....
 

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
3
Do what you think makes you feel the best.

If you like sports, who cares if you're going fast to nowhere with your sporting career, go play football.

You know? We can't sit here and tell you what to do with your life - it's "YOUR" life, man. Make decisions and see what happens!

You're still in high school! You've got a safety net - parents, friends, etc. if you make a mistake. Don't be afraid to take chances!
 
Top