Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I only find 1/100 women attractive

wiggadude

Don Juan
Reaction score
My life pattern has been: get a huge crush, get rejected, wait 5 years, get another huge crush, get rejected, repeat.

The problem is that I'm only attracted to approximately one woman every 4-5 years. Sure, there are other women that I find sort of cute, but there's not that really strong attraction...

So what can I do? I've already tried getting with a chick that I found nice and attractive, but she wasn't one of those that come along every 4-5 years. It didn't work out... even though she adored me, I lost interest.

Any wise words of advice?

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
maybe start with men

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe u just get hung up too long... Or maybe u need to build some d@mn testosterone. I don't know what your problem is. I look at plenty of girls and im like i wonder what they would be like in the sack.

Reaction score
You're fussy, nothing wrong with that in itself... so am I. I rarely meet a woman that I consider hot enough to wanna get together with.

You need to meet more ladies. Its that, or settle for a nice, attractive girl who doesn't drive you crazy!

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey wigga, that's exactly how I used to be. These days, I still don't feel any attraction towards about 95% of the women I see and meet while clubbing. I think this is fairly natural - you need to get some kind of a connection with a woman to feel real attraction. Just looks alone will never cut it.

Now, I'm geussing that you did have a connection with all of these ladies that you had a crush on before; even if the connection was only created by yourself in your bedroom.

You need to realize that this mindset is very bad, as it is never mutual attraction. If you want to be with a girl, you have to work towards feeling attracted to eachother, together. If one of the two is more attracted than the other, it's fairly hard to throw things back into it's proper balance, which is why a woman will always reject you.

Now, it was said before that you need to meet more ladies. This is the best advice anyone could possibly give you. Once you meet more women, you'll realize that a lot of the women out there are just as great as those women you used to like every 4-5 years - you're just actively searching for women like that now, instead of starting to have feelings for the women on your path.

Also, you need to realize that not every girl is meant for an LTR. Most of them are just there for the sex ;).

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skin deep........

Hey,

Beauty is only skin deep........

cave dweller

intime

Reaction score
hey ur problem is actually quite easy to solve.

lets see. Am i right to say that you don't actually get to know 100 pretty girls well before you like one?

It's more like you get to know a few girls...... and you know these same girls for a long time. And only a few of them are pretty, and you find yourself only being attracted to one of them???

And your female friends come and go, but every few years u find yourself liking one very much. Right?

Add btw, you seldom ever manage to make this particular girl u like your gf.

If what i say is close to the truth. Then i guess i may have the solution.

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ya just start hanging out with girls who you find 'acceptable'. Maybe not ones you would consider hot, but ones you find cute or even a little attractive as you say.

I am almost the exact same way. I find only like 1/10 girls attractive....but I noticed that once I got to know some of the ones that were 'decent' they started to grow on me and for some reason they got a lot more attractive. Try it.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wiggadude

The problem is that I'm only attracted to approximately one woman every 4-5 years. Sure, there are other women that I find sort of cute, but there's not that really strong attraction..
No. The problem is that you develop oneitis too easily.

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you find only 1 girl in 100 attractive than thats fine, people that tell you that you are dumb, stupid, naive or whatever have no idea what they talking about. You obviously relate to the subject of beauty is in the eye of the beholder so therefore you have high standards. So what you have to do to be a DON you must make SURE that you get the 1 out of every 100 girl you find attractive.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's exactly how I am. I have more female friends than I can count, many of whom are interested in me. They are attractive and would probably make good girlfriends, yet I don't feel a spark. I date women regularly and there's just nothing there. So when I finally find a woman I want, I don't want to let her go and therefore develop oneitis for her.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_Joffe
If you find only 1 girl in 100 attractive than thats fine, people that tell you that you are dumb, stupid, naive or whatever have no idea what they talking about. You obviously relate to the subject of beauty is in the eye of the beholder so therefore you have high standards. So what you have to do to be a DON you must make SURE that you get the 1 out of every 100 girl you find attractive.
I would not reinforce this mentality he has. People who "only find 1 out of 100 girls attractive" are only fooling themselves.

Ridiculous. The real reason they "only find 1 out of 100 girls attractive" is because they fear rejection. They do not want to risk constantly approaching girls and getting rejected, so they create ridiculous and unrealistic "ideals". "I'm only attracted to this exact type".

Therefore, they justify NOT approaching many women because of this facade they hold of only finding 1 out of 100 girls attractive.

Just like the people who are afraid of rollercoasters/rides at amusment parks wander around and justify not going on rides by saying things like "oh that ride sucks....oh that ride is too long, etc". They do this instead of admitting their fear of these rides. It's all a facade.

Wiggadude justifies not approaching women by saying things like "I only find 1 out of 100 girls attractive". He does this instead of admitting his fear of rejection to others AND himself.

Wiggadude if you want advice, you're going to get it. Whether you like it or not, admit it or not, or even are aware of it, you DO have a fear of rejection. It may be so deeply embedded in your sub-conscious that you actually believe this "only finding 1 out of 100 girls attractive" garbage.

You put some women are a pedestal, while others you do not (like that girl you mentioned that you lost interest with). The ones you approach who you DON'T see as ideal, you already knock them down a few notches in your head. "meh....she's not my ideal woman. She's nothing like so and so."

This is a natural anti-rejection defence. This way if she rejects you, you can tell yourself (and others) "oh well I didn't even really like her in the first place. She's nothing compared to so and so".

I'm not surprised that girl you mentioned was so into you. You had a "I don't care" attitude and did not act needy or AFC. She was attracted to this. However, when you approach your "ideal" woman who you put on such a pedestal and have had one-itis with for such a long time, you act like a needy AFC......and get rejected.

This is a vicious cycle wiggadude. If you want more advice I'll be happy to give it to you.

Disturbed

Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime Nailed It

I suffer from the same complex as wiggadude. I justify not approaching women by stating that she is not my type when in reality I fear rejection. I am not proud of this habit of mine because it lessens the number of women I can actually convince myself to approach. I wish that I was flexible enough to approach a women who's beauty falls below my standards just to gain from the experience. Like many DJs mentioned, it is unhealthy to remain single for a while. Pretty soon, when you do encounter a women you find attractive, you will be worshipping her and that implies failure. On the other hand, if you had been constantly dating substandard girls, the amount of experience and past successes will not allow you to succumb to the beauty of the one you desire. Those who say that you should be proud that your picky aren't really having fun in their lives. iMHO it is more of a weakness than a strength.

PS: I d be glad to hear more advice

StringShredder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiggadude, listen, I understand your problem. I'm the same way. The DJ rule you are breaking here is this one: "protect your heart". That's right. It's not that you don't find these girls attractive, it's just that you are one of these guys who gets smitten very easily and falls in love. It then takes you those five fvcking years to properly get over it! And when your mind is properly clean again, then suddenly you find the new one to fall for. It's not because you finally found someone attractive enough. It's because a change took place inside you: you no longer have a broken heart over the last one. FIve years is a long time. You might think you're over it long before that, but there are lingering effects. You still carry that idealized image of the girl in your mind, and compare every girl to her. No real girl makes you feel like that idealized image and so you think they are not attractive. But in truth, the girl who started it doesn't really fit the idealized image either.

You see, Wiggadude, statistically, if an attractive girl came at about a rate of one every five years, then it wouldn' t be exactly five years in between these girls. The encounters with these girls would not be that evenly distributed into the years: think about it. Moreover, you could speed up finding that girl by meeting a lot of them, to make it take less than five years. So the problem is not at all that you find only a small fraction attractive. In fact when you get properly over your hurt, you find quite a big fraction attractive and that's how you end up doing it again.

So what you have to do is break out of your pattern and start following the "protect your heart" rule. You can do it; you have control over your emotions. Don't let yourself slip into that state. Try to have a fling with a girl and don't fall in love with her. (You basically did that, but it was during one of these five year periods).

Draw on your experience to make you stronger. For instance, if you find yourself leaning toward being clingy with a girl, think about the time when you carried the ideal image of The One girl in your mind and as a result you weren't desperate or clingy for any real girl. Try to have that ideal image, but in a healthy way, not an obsessive way. The DJ should carry an ideal image in his mind, but it shouldn't be a religious icon.

I think there is a link between religious fervor and this type of unreturned loving. In the human mind there seems to be a need for worshipping deities and some people turn that into obsessive loving. Christians say that love God, but God never makes any contact with them (existence discussions aside). They see God's influence into everything and presence everywhere. When you love these girls in that way, they became like that God. You have no contact, and yet you see their influence everywhere in your life, and every night you pray to them, etc.

Ditch the girl religion, man.

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiggadude, I used to feel the same way as you, especially when I was with my two girlfriends. I had major oneitis for both of them. If I didn't have major oneitis for my ex, who knows I coulda still been with her right now. Unfortunatelly, I wasn't living my life, meeting other women, etc because I was too hung up on her. It resulted in a one way ticket to dumpville. I realize now to protect my heart and not put too much investment in one girl.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are not seeing enough girls in that case. I know exactly how oyu feel, i see quite a few girls that i feel atracted to, they are hot 5-10% i think yeah they are hot but my high standards mean that i rearly see a girl that i have real feelings for rather then just physical atraction.

I persue girls often the time but the one im persuing now and seem to be winning over is come to think of it the only girl that is right for me. I have had plenty of crushes on girls but looking back on it all they where not my type, either not smart, to *****y, boring etc you get the picture.

This one is smart, intresting, nice and likes to keep fit aswell as actuly doing somthing with her life. The only she could be any better is if she had slighty more sense of humour, she does not find jokes funny that often although that is often a developed trait as i have noticed that girls i have talked to in the past (im good at making people laugh) have gone from no sense of humout to always laughing ta my jokes, come to think of it i can think of one other girl that was right for me, but nothing ever happened with her.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like a friend of mine. Who is constantly talking about how "high" his standards are, and how few women he is attracted to.

This friend is also one of the biggest AFC's I know, who's only big relationship was with a fat cow.

This pickiness is usually a cover for your low self esteem.

There are many beautiful women out there, from different nationalities. Branch out, don't limit yourself.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I'm also the pickiest person I know. The thing is, I never have a hard time finding quality chicks.
What you gotta do is get yourself out there more! Meet more people. Dance more. Become more outgoing.
If quality is important, increase your chances of finding said quality.