Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need your advice on what I should do

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
I live in a horrible city. The unemployment rate is very high and I have been strugging lately. If I had any money saved, I would get up and move. But, unfortunately I don't. I applied to countless places (out of state), nothing has hit. I have a degree that is pretty much worthless because of the economy. Recently, I applied to graduate school here at the university I did my undergrad education in. I got into the Master's program. This would give me my certification along the way. Because of the past classes I took, it will only take me three semesters to finish this program. My plan is to exit this city as soon as I get that degree and start working somewhere.

Here is the problem. I have no problems with women. Meeting, fuvking, whatever. But, my problem has been my living situation. It has cost me countless women. Along with being broke and living with family at the moment, this all but kills my chances with good women. My question is this. Should I take some of the money I will get from loans and grants and all that (will also be working partime for the program) and get a roomate? Or, should I stay put since I will not establish a career in this city and will move anyway upon the completion of my program. If I stay put, it kills my dating life and everything else. I have to find girls who are reasonable with banging at their place or in a hotel. The other thing is that I won't have any privacy. Living on my own motivates me more. But some are telling me to save money since I won't be making a living here upon completion of program. I would also qualify for other administrative positions with a Master's. I would have a better chance of securing employment. I am worried about my age as well. Any members out there go through something like this? Would you move out? Or stay put? A part of me says "Hold up on the dating till you get where you are going" another part of me says "look at all these girls you can bang if you had your own place. And look at all the comfort you will have". Don't know what to do. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd focus more on my life rather than my "dating life".

Wouldn't having a roommate also somewhat hinder your ability to bring women back home? I've seen it happen before... the price for reduced rent would sometimes turn into an unwanted stranger at home that turned into an even bigger c*ckblock.

You're 32. By OUR standards, you're a kid... which makes me an infant.
You have plenty of time to date later. Sure, you can pick up the ocassional girl here and there, but personally... I'd hate to have a roommate.

I made the move myself back in 2008 before the economy went south. I'm living on my own and enjoying it. But my case is my case and being an Army brat made it easy for me to relocate without all the emotional attachments.

In the end, do what's best for YOU as a person OVERALL.

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say if your only motivation to get a place is for all the girls you are going to bang, you might want to consider something different. You say you are having no problems with women, so enjoy the free or cheap living you have for now, enjoy these women, and things will gel in your 3 semesters...which is not very long anyhow. You'll be onto bigger and better things.

But that being said I do understand the frustrations of not living somewhere that feels like you can grow. And sometimes that fact alone (which stems beyond just banging women) is just as important.

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
im going to give you a different side of things. I was living on my own at a place that was GARBAGE to the point I would be embarassed bringing girls back. I was employed during that time but I was not getting paid well, just barely making it by. I became depressed and constatnly was thinking about my ex (at that time i was recently out of a relationship). Like you, I was and still am able to get girls and bang when I wanted, but simily to you, I was embarassed to bring them back and figured I couldnt get a quality girl.

I ended up moving out to a friends house (he was looking for a roommate). He lives in a very nice location, large home, decorated like its out of a magazine. He gave me a good deal but it was still out of my price range. Im barely making ends meat, having nothing in savings but living there changed my life for the positive. Im always smiling, in a great mood and have a great time with my roommate. Although Im broke like a joke, this was the best decision I made.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill give you my perspective: Living with a roommate can seriously suck. Especially when you're an adult and out of the college years. People have pretty much solidified their living habits by this time and who they are is who they are. So, if you are a clean guy, and your roommate turns out to be a slob, there is going to be problems and you are the one who is likely going to suffer. They might change for a little bit, but eventually they will revert to their lazy ways and the tension will build and build in the house until there is a blow up or someone moves out.
This is just an example, but it has happened to me among other things. A couple years back I moved into a big city after college to start a job. I knew nobody--the city was totally foreign to me, so I had to find a roommate through want ads. So I found a lady renting a room. Everything was gravy at first, but it turned out the chick (late thirties) had major issues with me bringing girls over. It came to a head about 6 months later and she asked me to leave. I had zero leverage---I rented from her. So here it is the dead of winter in inner city Boston and I have to find a new place to live in short order. It ended up working out for the best, but this is just another example of the roommate conundrum. Two things Ive learned: If it can be avoided never rent a room from a homeowner. You are at their whim. Two, never room solo with a female. It fvcking blows.

On the flip side, living by yourself can have its perks. Its your place, your rules, your life. You answer to you. However, you're more limited by what you can afford solo, and sometimes loneliness can be a problem.

All that said, I still say use your grant money and get a place. There are economic reasons to live at home, but it's easy for us to sit here and say "just focus on your life" (whatever that means) and forget about dating for now. YOU know that you are going to end up unhappy again with this arrangement and you'll be back to square one. If it was 6 months, you could tough it out. But more than that and you'll just run into the same issue.

My dad said something to me once that was funny but made a lot of sense. I was trying to make a case for moving back home at one point, saying how much money I would save, to which he replied- "I could save a lot of money too if I moved in with your grandma. But I'm a grown-as$ man."

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more comfortable a woman is, the easier her pants will come off. Having a roomate basically sucks. Can you at least afford a studio Apt. in a decent section of town ?
Put your bed horizontally against the wall so it looks kind of like a sofa. Get a big flat screen this Black Friday. Decorate sparingly, but tastefully....be masculine and avoid the knick knack, clutter crap.
Make sure the place is CLEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shiny, spotless clean. You're a young man, not a teenager...........
I could go on, but does this sound feasable ?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
My dad said something to me once that was funny but made a lot of sense. I was trying to make a case for moving back home at one point, saying how much money I would save, to which he replied- "I could save a lot of money too if I moved in with your grandma. But I'm a grown-as$ man."
Damn! Your dad is the sh!t. I'd give him a rep if I could!

:D

Just like men are always b!tching about the way women are today, your dad is an example of just how much men have changed for the worst as well these days. Your dad's attitude and reasoning is sexy.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
attitude and reasoning..

it's just a lame joke, woman

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Ill give you my perspective: Living with a roommate can seriously suck. Especially when you're an adult and out of the college years. People have pretty much solidified their living habits by this time and who they are is who they are. So, if you are a clean guy, and your roommate turns out to be a slob, there is going to be problems and you are the one who is likely going to suffer. They might change for a little bit, but eventually they will revert to their lazy ways and the tension will build and build in the house until there is a blow up or someone moves out.
This is just an example, but it has happened to me among other things. A couple years back I moved into a big city after college to start a job. I knew nobody--the city was totally foreign to me, so I had to find a roommate through want ads. So I found a lady renting a room. Everything was gravy at first, but it turned out the chick (late thirties) had major issues with me bringing girls over. It came to a head about 6 months later and she asked me to leave. I had zero leverage---I rented from her. So here it is the dead of winter in inner city Boston and I have to find a new place to live in short order. It ended up working out for the best, but this is just another example of the roommate conundrum. Two things Ive learned: If it can be avoided never rent a room from a homeowner. You are at their whim. Two, never room solo with a female. It fvcking blows.

On the flip side, living by yourself can have its perks. Its your place, your rules, your life. You answer to you. However, you're more limited by what you can afford solo, and sometimes loneliness can be a problem.

All that said, I still say use your grant money and get a place. There are economic reasons to live at home, but it's easy for us to sit here and say "just focus on your life" (whatever that means) and forget about dating for now. YOU know that you are going to end up unhappy again with this arrangement and you'll be back to square one. If it was 6 months, you could tough it out. But more than that and you'll just run into the same issue.

I like your dad, haha. The only reason I was considering staying at home was the fact that I will be leaving town 3 semesters from now. But, that is a long time. I MIGHT LOSE MY MIND! Great advice, I will probably move to the East coast next year as well, I have no idea where to live or who to talk to, but am very excited about it.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
Rubirosa said:
The more comfortable a woman is, the easier her pants will come off. Having a roomate basically sucks. Can you at least afford a studio Apt. in a decent section of town ?
Put your bed horizontally against the wall so it looks kind of like a sofa. Get a big flat screen this Black Friday. Decorate sparingly, but tastefully....be masculine and avoid the knick knack, clutter crap.
Make sure the place is CLEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shiny, spotless clean. You're a young man, not a teenager...........
I could go on, but does this sound feasable ?
Rubi,

Thanks man. I learned very young that a woman will have sex with you based on attraction and COMFORT. Both are equally important. There are very few nice studios here. But I will look into it. I'm thinking bare essentials for furniture. Computer Desk, Bed, coffee table, flat screen and thats it, fuvk it, no dining table or couch, I guess it's better than having a roomate.