"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

I need to SNEAK my way into her life

DJ Blue

New Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, long time reader first time poster here.

I'm sure this will sound familiar but stay with me. There's a girl I know, she lives down the street from me and of course I want her (why else would I be posting?). I have no problems approaching her or talking to her or anything like that but the situation gets to be a problem with her parents and my history with them.

See I met her because she's a friend's little sister. Now my freind has moved away because of college (I go local) so I don't see hiim anymore. When we were growing up together his little sis always had a crush on me but she was too young ya know? Well now she's not too young but the age could still be a problem. I'm a freshman in college (19) and she's a sophmore (16). I know the age difference should not be a big deal but I'm not sure how her parents would like the idea that their baby girl is dating a college man.

I can go over their house whenever I like and actually gave the family a big batch of cookies my dad made over the holiday. Here's the real problem though: I can't get her alone. I mean I think she still has a thing for me but I'd like to get her alone to find out. When she was younger she would all jump on me when I came over but now she's kinda shy around me and turns red alot. (She probably thinks of all that wrestling we did... lol).

There's no way I could visit her at school and every time I go over her house her parents are ALWAYS there. If she's not at home then she's usually busy with sports or doing homework... she's kinda a goody goody lol. Sometimes she hangs out with her friends but I don't know where they go. I think they just do things like bowl occationally. I know she plays volley ball with them every Wednesday but I don't know where and I thought it might be a little wierd having 'older brother's frind' show up out of no where. I don't want to scare her lol.

I'm hoping maybe some other DJ's have been in this problem and have ideas as to what I coudl do. If you need more info just let me know. :D
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Go to her place, chat up the parents and ask for the girl. If the girl is already there eventually take a good glance at your watch and ask her if she'd like to go on a walk for say 15 minutes.
 

DJ Blue

New Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
The walk may work, she has a dog and maybe we could walk it together.

Oh I forgot to tell you guys something:

I did try getting her alone right in front of her parents before. Her birthday was last month and I know she would like to try some sushi. So during a normal visit I said "hey your birthday is in a few days let me take you for some sushi." Before she could even answer her mom jumped in with "oh that's ok I'll take her for a mom-daughter thing."

So "let's walk the dog" may turn out the same way. I think her mom may be suspicious. lol
 

TheCalmGuy

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Playboy Land
Can't you find an older girl, come'n you're in college, and it is illegal to do "something" with her, dont forget.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

DJ Blue

New Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by TheCalmGuy
Can't you find an older girl, come'n you're in college, and it is illegal to do "something" with her, dont forget.
I really like this girl, and have for a while actually. Besides 16 is legal where I am.
 
Top