I need the great wisdom of Dj's

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently came upon 1200 bucks. I got for damage a neighbor did to my car. I have engine problems and wanted to get that worked on. The problem is that might cost more then I have. I could just catch the bus and just bank my money or I could try and get the engine worked on. I'm thinking of taking it to a professional mechanic and leaving it there until all repairs are done when I go back to the army. What do you guys think to bank or not to bank

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't NEED the car, keep your cash and sell the car to a garage for some extra money and be done with it.

You'll never get back what you put into it if you resell the car after repairs, so why sink in 1200$+ if you can just as easily ride the bus?

Use the money to get yourself better financially secure. I would put a large sum on any outstanding debts like stupid credit cards and stuff that keeps you in the red.

You can always buy a better car later, when you're financially stable.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to finance, take care of debts first. The worse the debt (interest rate) the better off you are paying it off first.

Do you believe this car will break down soon? Is there any indication that it will do so? If you need to repair it, will it be doing more damage by running it and postponing the repair?

If yes, then it would be wise to fix it, otherwise put the money in a savings account because **** happens and its nice to have something saved up.