"I need space" But GF wants to see me for the weekend?

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick, sometimes when I read your posts I feel like you're listening to what I say and even agree with it, but deep down you're not internalizing it. Have you wondered why most of the experienced posters never even look at these "I just got dumped" threads? Because we've heard the story before, we always give the same advice, guys seem to do good, recover, disappear from sosuave for a few months and then... after 1/2 a year they start a new thread: "gf dumped me again, i m devastated, etc..." of "Is it ok if I still think of my ex 1 year after she dumped me?" What happened to NC? What happened to moving on with your life?

However, a few of the guys do come out of the experience better off. And when they achieve DJ status, they look back on it and recognize that it was their starting point.

Slick, I think you have a good chance of coming out of this on top. But only if you change your mentality about the whole thing. The fact that you keep writing in this thread instead of starting a journal just shows the angle from which you are approaching this situation: from the past. Like someone else said before me, you keep focusing on your past. It's time to move on.

You will say "but I can't just forget about this girl and pretend nothing ever happened." Fair enough. Then do this mental exercise: every time you think something nice about her, right away think about something you didn't like about her. Now is not the time to sit down and analyze your relationship objectively. Now is the time to get over your pain and move on.

Slick101 said:
These wack girls really have nothin on my EX, all coke addicts and dumb personalities
Slick, this is really bad... What makes your EX so great all of a sudden? See what i mean when I say you're not mentally there yet? Now your defending your ex, putting her up on a pedestal after all that she did to you...

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
Slick, sometimes when I read your posts I feel like you're listening to what I say and even agree with it, but deep down you're not internalizing it. Have you wondered why most of the experienced posters never even look at these "I just got dumped" threads? Because we've heard the story before, we always give the same advice, guys seem to do good, recover, disappear from sosuave for a few months and then... after 1/2 a year they start a new thread: "gf dumped me again, i m devastated, etc..." of "Is it ok if I still think of my ex 1 year after she dumped me?" What happened to NC? What happened to moving on with your life?

However, a few of the guys do come out of the experience better off. And when they achieve DJ status, they look back on it and recognize that it was their starting point.

Slick, I think you have a good chance of coming out of this on top. But only if you change your mentality about the whole thing. The fact that you keep writing in this thread instead of starting a journal just shows the angle from which you are approaching this situation: from the past. Like someone else said before me, you keep focusing on your past. It's time to move on.

You will say "but I can't just forget about this girl and pretend nothing ever happened." Fair enough. Then do this mental exercise: every time you think something nice about her, right away think about something you didn't like about her. Now is not the time to sit down and analyze your relationship objectively. Now is the time to get over your pain and move on.

Slick, this is really bad... What makes your EX so great all of a sudden? See what i mean when I say you're not mentally there yet? Now your defending your ex, putting her up on a pedestal after all that she did to you...
Well I feel like I did move on physically but NOT mentally AND emotionally... Its only been 1 week since I havent spoken to her.....I have that "I miss her feeling"... I want to NOT miss her... But when I dont think about it... its temp. then back to being like this... (it scares me)

I have to make a list of all her negatives I believe... I will start a Journal now because I went out last night...

I will post back here however as well..

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LATEST UPDATE:

I checked my phone today... after over a week to if she called and GUESS WHAT!!........

YOU SEE UR ANTICIPATING IT AS WELL!! SO ITS A NORMAL FEELING!!! BUT ANYWAYSSS!!.......

SHE.......................DID....NTTTTT CALL!!!

i had hundred of missed calls none from her... I felt bad for about 1 hour.. spoke to my therapist...Therapist still said its too soonn and that she would call ...

But honestly, I dont think sooo... But I did move on... Im just mourning the loss Thats all....

Thanks guys who helped me throught this... DRAK OOl and Phatrabbit and others....

I WILL NEVER LET THIS KIND OF SHVT HAPPEN AGAIN IM CHANGING MYSELF NOW >>>

SWITCHING SCHOOLS
SWITCHING CARS
GETTING A NEW LOOK (CLOTHES AND HAIR-STYLE)
MASTERING THE GAME
GETTING A NEW JOB
GETTING A DOG

AND OTHER THINGS IN MIND

WHACH U GUYS THINK?

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can understant that you feel a little frustrated that she did not call you. However, look at it this way: it's better for you right now. If she was constantly calling you, you would be tempted to pick up at some point. Instead, you can now focus on other things in your life, and by the time she does call you... you'll just laugh at her and ignore her call. Slick, she will call, i know you don't believe me, but look at the time frame: how long has it been, 10 days? That's nothing!

Getting a puppy is a great idea! I remember my last year of college walking around campus with a baby pitbull, girls would just stop me in the middle of the street. Same deal last summer when I would take my roomate's tiny dog out for walks. It's just like that commercial on TV, except this actually works in real life...

good luck!

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
I can understant that you feel a little frustrated that she did not call you. However, look at it this way: it's better for you right now. If she was constantly calling you, you would be tempted to pick up at some point. Instead, you can now focus on other things in your life, and by the time she does call you... you'll just laugh at her and ignore her call. Slick, she will call, i know you don't believe me, but look at the time frame: how long has it been, 10 days? That's nothing!

Getting a puppy is a great idea! I remember my last year of college walking around campus with a baby pitbull, girls would just stop me in the middle of the street. Same deal last summer when I would take my roomate's tiny dog out for walks. It's just like that commercial on TV, except this actually works in real life...

good luck!
Some days are harder than others... Today Im thinking about it again,,, even when I keep myself busy...

But W E man,, I freakin hate these soo called GOOD MEMORIES for the past 2 years...

V2Logger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick 101,
You are going to have to roll with the punches. It's been almost 4 mo of NC for me, it has been very challenging at times. I have not broke NC, I have had mixed feelings but have standed on top of them.
I have just recently started repeatedly playing the song,"I Don't Care" by Apocolyptica, and it has been played sometimes over and over again on a 1hr and 15 min commute home. I have also been working out harder to concentrate on something different that is also challenging, but also good for my health. When you feel down I suggest you play that song a few times and crank it up, it should help. Check the lyrics out before, it fit my situation, maybe it will suit your's too.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SHE CONTACTED ME!!

Ok.. just came back from vermont (was there for 3 days) HAD A BLAST!!

On the way there is was a 5 hour ride pretty depressing.. thought about her ALOT and almost had a panic attack where I had to control myself.. and I did... Pretty scary dont want this feeling to happen again (any suggestions)

So I am a skier.,. I decided to learn snowboarding and I completely forgot about her!.. I was busy the whole time.. laughing,falling, and just having a good time..

I got home today.. checked my email and what did I see?... A LETTER WHOLE PAGE FROM HER!!

MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT AND ADRENALINE RUSH!!

I WAS DEBATING ON WEATHER TO OPEN IT OR NOT... I KNEW I HAD TO.. MY DAD IS LIKE OPEN THAT SHVT READ IT BUT DONT RESPOND..

I DIDNT READ IT.. BUT I DID OPEN IT AND SKIMMED THROUGH.,,

she wrote ALOT... Being VERY NICE.. and telling me how its FKED up that she did it this way and IT HIT HER NOW!!!... Because school and work is over and she misses mee and its hard for her..

She gave me reasons that she broke up with me.. AGAIN IDK CUZ I DIDNT READ THEM BUT I READ ONE PART "your not a bad guy i just..." BLAH BLAH

she said she loves me and she will always love me.. and If I ever need help with anything (switching schools) I know her number and email.. WTF...

she then said she can never walk around central park anymore ... unless its with me.. and sum other stuff i didnt read

at the end she said she will never stop loving me and she signed her name PERIOD!!

I DIDNT RESPONDD!! BUT YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT NO CONTACT WORKSS

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK HER INTENTIONS ARE?
IM NOT GONNA CONTACT HER, BUT IS SHE DOING THIS BECAUSE NOW SHE REGRETS HER DECISION AND SHE WANTS TO GET BACK TO ME?

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

seano99

Don Juan
Reaction score
fsck her man!!

ive been with a lot of girls, and i honestly dont know why they declare their love for your once it is over... (even 4 years later in one of my cases). it's like they're bored and want the ego boost. she's obviously hoping you contact her to feed her need for ego boost.

in my case mentioned above i did contact, thinking she'd changed, but she hadn't - still an attention seeking b1tch, and she tried to fsck me over again with her games, hot and cold, etc. anyway i won the war. i swept the court with her and when she came back to play again, i did it again.

ignore that sh1t, nothing good can come of contacting her. not unless you have the balls and want to destroy your headspace. i did it for the adrenalin rush, but like any drug, there is a come down, a price to pay.

i chose my path to contact her, because i was bored and wanted the ego boost too - and this was 4 years later i was well over her - you are still in breakup mode - YOU SHOULDNT GO THERE - in the long run, it's not worth it. so many girls out there, better to get a clean slate with new ones...

stay strong. forget her. put her out of your head. she didn't treat you how you deserved to be treated. dont forget that.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's looking for validation that she didn't f*ck you up too bad due to how she handled it. If you talk to her you will just validate her; I suggest you don't contact this girl again. And you especially should NEVER NEVER NEVER talk to her about the breakup, and if she would ever bring it up just say something vague and change the subject.

Seriously, nothing good comes in talking about this kind of stuff.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Slick101 said:
SHE CONTACTED ME!!
Judging by the fact you have all capital letters here with two exclamation marks ending the sentence,I take it your pleased that she got back in touch with you.

Uhh...is this the same girl from your post in reply #26 who you said....

"put you down in front of her parents...UNBELIEVEABLE..NO RESPECT."

"Puts you down all the time,and you don't appreciate it at all".

Whose response when you tried to have a reasonable conversation with her about the relationship was....

"Laughter...she has no emotion,no feeling...she said she didn't care".

Who came straight out and said to you..."You wanna break up or no?".

Who said,"I don't want to be together anymore. We are better off as friends,but I DON'T EVEN WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU".

She said ALL THAT to you,and this is the one you're pleased to hear from?

Ohhh...K.

Slick101 said:
I got home today.. checked my email and what did I see?... A LETTER WHOLE PAGE FROM HER!!

she wrote ALOT... Being VERY NICE.. and telling me how its FKED up that she did it this way and IT HIT HER NOW!!!... Because school and work is over and she misses mee and its hard for her..
Well this is interesting...

Now that she's had some time to think,she said that it was "effed up" the way she did things,refering to the breakup.

So she realized what she did in the breakup was wrong,but what about the last year and a half before that?

She's sorry for the way she behaved in the breakup,but the same disrespect she showed you then,she had for the last year and a half of the relationship.

She cursed at you.
Yelled and screamed at you.
Repeatedly put you down.

So she wanted to apologize for the ONE DAY of the breakup,but expects you to just forget about the past 18 MONTHS of verbal and mental abuse.

Right. :rolleyes:

Slick101 said:
She gave me reasons that she broke up with me..
Oh,I'd REALLY LIKE to hear what these reasons are.

If you still have them,then share them.

Slick101 said:
she said she loves me and she will always love me.. and If I ever need help with anything (switching schools) I know her number and email.. WTF...

she then said she can never walk around central park anymore ... unless its with me.. and sum other stuff i didnt read

at the end she said she will never stop loving me and she signed her name PERIOD!!
Don't read too much into this man.

Although she seems to have issues in my opinion,some of the things she said may have merit to them.

That "I love you,but I'm not in love with you" line for example.

I've heard that before. It means she wants you to be ok.

She wants you to have food,shelter,clothing,a job....she wants you to be doing well in life,and doesn't want anything bad to happen to you.

That's what she meant by "if you ever need anything".

The "I'm not in love with you" refers to sexual attraction/chemistry.

It means she DOESN'T WANT a sexual/romantic relationship with you because she doesn't feel anything.

So don't get all excited just yet.

even if she were to agree to dating you again,you're work is FAR from done.

slick101 said:
LOL,:crackup:...you still don't get it about the "no contact".

That's ok man. :crackup:

Slick101 said:

IM NOT GONNA CONTACT HER, BUT IS SHE DOING THIS BECAUSE NOW SHE REGRETS HER DECISION AND SHE WANTS TO GET BACK TO ME?
This is a tough one,but I'm going to say no.

What I think she regrets is the way the breakup went down.

She acted unseemly,and she knows it,BUT don't quote me on this.

We all know how unpredictable women can be.

One thing I DO KNOW is this:If you two get back together,and YOU go back to acting and behaving EXACTLY LIKE YOU DID previously,that little "breakup" incident will happen again,only this time it'll be sooner and PERMANANT.

So what do you do for now? Well for one...

DO NOT... try to get back with her.

If she calls you,you can answer. Be polite and cordial,let her know how you've been,but DON'T SAY ANYTHING about you two getting back together,you two dating,or a date.

And if she brings it up,be like....

you:Ummm...well....well I think the time apart we're having now is a good thing. We need the time to think,reflect back on things,and kinda get ourselves more focused.

Let's not rush back into anything right now".

Now I know this will be tough for you,considering the way you floated around like on cloud 9 after getting home and seeing her E-mail to you,BUT IT'S IMPORTANT you do this.

The worst thing you could do right now would be to try to ride the "adrenaline" rush she gave you back to a relationship with her.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The worst thing you could do right now would be to try to ride the "adrenaline" rush she gave you back to a relationship with her
What do you mean by that?

ALSO... I'm not checking my phone to see if she called... Im getting over this BVTCH.. I dont want any contact with her... I dont want to talk to her or email her back at all

Igetit!

Reaction score
Slick101 said:
The worst thing you could do right now would be to try to ride the "adrenaline" rush she gave you back into a relationship with her.
What do you mean by that?

I meant that you DON'T WANT TO make a decision based on "adrenaline" or your emotions.

You seemed happy that she contacted you. I just didn't want you to run back to her based on that initial "excitement",then end back up in a relationship where you were constantly being put down,talked down to,disrespected,yelled at,etc...unless you want to be in a situation like that.

If so,then have at it.

Slick101 said:
ALSO... I'm not checking my phone to see if she called... Im getting over this BVTCH.. I dont want any contact with her... I dont want to talk to her or email her back at all
BE STILL MY HEART!

Is this true? You seriously don't want anything else to do with her?

HALLELUJAH!

HALLELUJAH,HALLELUJAH.

HALLLLEELUUUJAH!!!

Wait a minute...are you sure you're over her?

Because there's a GOOD CHANCE that you two WILL TALK with each other sooner or later.

You have a tendency to get weak when the rubber meets the road.

You say you want nothing more to do with her NOW,but once you two get face to face or on the phone,you think you'll still have the strength to say no if she wants to get back with you?

The ironic thing about this is that this new "strength" you have now,if you had had it while you two were together,none of this nonsense would have ever happened.

SchoolBoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick101 said:
SHE CONTACTED ME!!

Ok.. just came back from vermont (was there for 3 days) HAD A BLAST!!

On the way there is was a 5 hour ride pretty depressing.. thought about her ALOT and almost had a panic attack where I had to control myself.. and I did... Pretty scary dont want this feeling to happen again (any suggestions)

So I am a skier.,. I decided to learn snowboarding and I completely forgot about her!.. I was busy the whole time.. laughing,falling, and just having a good time..

It's almost like women have a sixth sense where once they sense that you are getting over them, they pop up again all of a sudden. Just to see how much space they hold in your world.

MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT AND ADRENALINE RUSH!!

I WAS DEBATING ON WEATHER TO OPEN IT OR NOT... I KNEW I HAD TO.. MY DAD IS LIKE OPEN THAT SHVT READ IT BUT DONT RESPOND..

I DIDNT READ IT.. BUT I DID OPEN IT AND SKIMMED THROUGH.,,

She gave me reasons that she broke up with me.. AGAIN IDK CUZ I DIDNT READ THEM BUT I READ ONE PART "your not a bad guy i just..." BLAH BLAH

Never trust a woman's words. "she will never stop loving me", do you honestly believe that? She just misses the attention and emotional responses you used to give her. Don't let her back into your life or you'll be the one regretting it.

No contact works, but not in the way you think. No contact is meant for YOU to move on not get her back. Like I said earlier, women tend to know when you're really getting over them and attempt to grab space in your world just to see how much pull they have with you.

She doesn't regret anything; if she did, she would be at your house begging you to come back to her. She gave you this message to give you hope. Don't take it because you don't need it.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I think you're doing a great job at moving on. But you really need to commit to the decision and not look back. Every time you look back, you prolong the healing process. Remember, what's important is yourself, and your own happiness. This woman is obviously not making you happy, therefore she isn't worth your time and effort.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” Helen Keller

Once a relationship has been severed, it's almost impossible to repair.

There are plenty more women out there who deserve you, and she's not one of them. Even if she did regret it which I highly doubt, she ruined her chances with you.
Just my 2 cents
-SchoolBoy​

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Igetit! said:

I meant that you DON'T WANT TO make a decision based on "adrenaline" or your emotions.

You seemed happy that she contacted you. I just didn't want you to run back to her based on that initial "excitement",then end back up in a relationship where you were constantly being put down,talked down to,disrespected,yelled at,etc...unless you want to be in a situation like that.

If so,then have at it.

BE STILL MY HEART!

Is this true? You seriously don't want anything else to do with her?

HALLELUJAH!

HALLELUJAH,HALLELUJAH.

HALLLLEELUUUJAH!!!

Wait a minute...are you sure you're over her?

Because there's a GOOD CHANCE that you two WILL TALK with each other sooner or later.

You have a tendency to get weak when the rubber meets the road.

You say you want nothing more to do with her NOW,but once you two get face to face or on the phone,you think you'll still have the strength to say no if she wants to get back with you?

The ironic thing about this is that this new "strength" you have now,if you had had it while you two were together,none of this nonsense would have ever happened.
What makes you think she would even tell me that she wants to get back to me..

I set my point... Im not answering to this email.. or her texts or phonecalls (thats is if she called me or texted be but IDK)

NO CONTACT IS FOR ME!.. I know.. to get myself together.. But it also triggered her thought and she contacted ME...

I am not responding.. although.. A part of me does want to respond, but I wont and I will continue to work on myself,, and forgetting her...

Weather she wants to get back with me IDK,,, all Im confused about is the fact how she kept saying in her letter that she loves me and will never walk around the city UNLESS... ITS WITH ME...

LOGIC tells me thats her way of sensing a loss, and shes trying to get back with me... This is why I think she didnt care at the beg. of breakup... cuz she thought she can just email me or call me when school is done, and i will easily come back to her...

THAT IS SOMETHING I WONT DO... BETTER YET,, I FEEL.. myself getting better and I DID move on, physically and PART MENTALLY... I just have to wait for my emotions to let go.....

I believe SHE WILL CONTACT ME AGAIN... curious to why I didnt respond... But I know thats not important, whats important is she is not for me and I dont need a manipulative person,, I gues logic is kicking in for me nowww

EHH?

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SchoolBoy said:
Just my 2 cents
-SchoolBoy​
Like I said, I think she wants me to get back with her, the email was emotional as hell I can tell, even though I didnt read it...

Shes waiting for a response, this time,, there wont be one!

I picked up 3 girls last night, Going to Casino now with 3 Boys, road-trip,,, be back later for FIELD REPORTS!

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick, was I right or not when i said SHE WILL CONTACT YOU at some point?

you're doing great so far, but always keep in mind 2 things:

1. always judge people (including girls of course) by their actions not their words.

2. once somebody has disrespected you through his or her actions past a certain point, there is no turning back.

applying these two principles to your case:

1. she discarded you like a piece of dirty tissue, treated you like shyt. Those are the hard facts. She showed you how she felt towards you through her actions. her email is just bla bla bla.

2. what she did to you is beyond repair. there is nothing she could do now to redeem herslef. Seriously, could you respect yourself if you were to take her back now, after all this shyt?

On a side note, i usually respect Iggetit's advice, but here i don't see the point of you breaking the NC. You want to move on, the more distance you put b/w yourself and her the better. Maybe you're not totally over her, but you can already sense that the more you focus on ohter things and let time work its healing magic, the better you feel. So why change a winning formula? why let her start playing games with your head?

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
Slick, was I right or not when i said SHE WILL CONTACT YOU at some point?

you're doing great so far, but always keep in mind 2 things:

1. always judge people (including girls of course) by their actions not their words.

2. once somebody has disrespected you through his or her actions past a certain point, there is no turning back.

applying these two principles to your case:

1. she discarded you like a piece of dirty tissue, treated you like shyt. Those are the hard facts. She showed you how she felt towards you through her actions. her email is just bla bla bla.

2. what she did to you is beyond repair. there is nothing she could do now to redeem herslef. Seriously, could you respect yourself if you were to take her back now, after all this shyt?

On a side note, i usually respect Iggetit's advice, but here i don't see the point of you breaking the NC. You want to move on, the more distance you put b/w yourself and her the better. Maybe you're not totally over her, but you can already sense that the more you focus on ohter things and let time work its healing magic, the better you feel. So why change a winning formula? why let her start playing games with your head?
Well your right..

I didnt email her back its been over a week since she emailed me.. Maybe she is even calling me constantly but IDK cuz i still didnt check my phone...

You know I am feeling much better... new Years makes it harder tho.. becuz Im thinking shes gonna be doing sum crazy stuff with her friends... anywaysz...

What makes me feel worse is that... My game got weaker... Im not a bad looking guy... Everyone likes my looks.. i cant talk pretty well... But Im not getting anywhere...

I got rejected My a girl today in the mall... and It made me feel horrible becuz Im like DAMN!!.. I had a girl (my EX) and I lost her... Not that I want her back.. Just that Im always used to having a girl.. and NOW!! that Im free... I dont have one!!

Im about to post a field report tho.. On my journal

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I had to post this...

Im getting over her... now Im at a stage where Im debating weather or not I should contact her over email, and tell her that Im not ready to talk now and Im working on myself, and that when Im ready I can call her.. Then maybe meet up with her.. for old times sake..

I am analyzing my situation... looking at the negatives of the move and the positives...There are deff. more negatives... But why does a part of me still want her...

IF YOU ALL ARE GOING TO SAY, THAT I AM GOING TO BREAK, IM TELLING YOU NOW I DIDNT AND I WONT!!

This is the reason why Im typing here, and not on email... Maybe its New Years and Im used to being with her..

Also, im thinking DAMN!.. Shes gonna be hanging out on new years without meee!!..

THANKS ALOT GUYS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS!

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick101 said:
I am analyzing my situation... looking at the negatives of the move and the positives...There are deff. more negatives...
Slick, so when you're analysing the situation, what positives do you find in talking to this girl again? I don't see a single one, but you obviously do?

The only positive thing you could get from an old GF who not only left you, but disprespected you in such a way, is sex. Yet, even that, you can't really call it a postive unless you have moved on emotionally and she does not mean anything to you, she's just a piece of meat. You have no more feelings for her. This is obviously not the case here, so if you do end up talking to her and eventually banging her again before sorting your feelings out, you will get burned, and possibly harder than this time.

I had this gf when I was 17, she basically broke things up with me by blaming herself and her mental issues (she had plenty, as I slowly found out through the relationship). I didnt contact her and my mum blocked her from contacting me, as I later found out (I didn't have a cell at the time). Fast forward 5 years later, I see her again while out with another girl. She's all over me, gives me her #, presses me to call her, etc. At this point I had 0 attachement to her. I had gone through another serious relationship and a bunch of girls. But she was still hot, and I hit it a few times, before forgeting about her again.

My point is, I had 0 emotional connection with this girl at that point. I didn't want to take revenge on her, I didn't care why she left me, she was just a semi-stranger with a hot body. I had other girls on my hands and I didn't even bother including her among my "plates" because I was aware of her mental situation and history of drug abuse.

seano99

Don Juan
Reaction score
slick, nothing good can come from contacting her. you were just feeling lonely and it was new years, so i'll let you off this time. i know what you're going thru is tough, one of the toughest things in the world, but you need to move FORWARD not backward.

"for old times sake" if you dare go there happens in like 4 or 5+ years (no way this soon! your mind is trying to get you to get back with her) and she can still burn you in 4-5 years, so be aware.

good luck