Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need serious advice-kinda embarrassing

mongoose01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's get straight to the point. I'm 35 and had to move back with my parents last year. I lost my job for 6 months and started working again in June. I have been going back between my parents and gf. Recently broke up with gf (see other posts) and been at parents house for the last few weeks.

The deal: I've been working on a comic book that's due to hit in May. I kinda need to stay there in order to afford the printing and travelling cost to hit the conventions. Lately though I've been sh!t from my father (he's not down with the comic book and the writing stuff). He just wants me to buy a house and go to work and be happy. I want more than that. In summary, he's ready for me to get the hell out. I want to get the hell out too.

Also part of the reason I haven't is because of the child support hit too.

The deal part 2: I've been planning a move to L.A. as well. This wasn't gonna take place until June (trying to save money). I've been waiting for my daughter to get outta school. Lately some stuff hit the fan with the family (my sis pissed my parents off-she lives in Orange County Ca) and I've been getting the sh!t.

Question: Should I move somewhere temp and just make it work with raising money to produce the books. To be quite honest I didn't want to leave my daughter (I see her on weekends), but there is serious business I need to focus on in L.A. I just want to give this a try (the whole writing thing). Or should I just take off now (within a month). Or not go at all, stay here and try to hustle my books and writing skills (from Ohio).

Any advice would be appreciated.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, since you've got more than just yourself to worry about, the "responsible" thing to do would be find gainful employment. If you try to get increased visitation, or ever want to push for full custody, the last thing you're going to want is your ex's attorney saying is "Your Honor, this man lives with his parents and draws cartoons". If that's where your heart and your skills are, then so be it - it's a gift and I wish you well. However, it might be more prudent to set that ability aside for some time (or like you said, just do it on the weekends) in order to garner the respect and money you'll need to get to see your kid more often. I know it's a horrible analogy, but I can't help thinking of Ms Doubtfire - you could always go that route. :p

Good luck.

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Well, since you've got more than just yourself to worry about, the "responsible" thing to do would be find gainful employment.
^^ what he said.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Want to get me a job? 60k isn't bad at all - why are you still in with your parents? Cost of living? It sounds like you might have your sh*t together after all... ;)

mongoose01

Don Juan
Reaction score
Child support and taxes really cripple the check. I get less than 1/2 gross. It's hard to save money. Believe or not, to find a place in Cleveland that's not in the ghetto is gonna cost.

I gonna make some major decisions today.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If youre italian you can move into "little italy." The houses are old ghetto, they refurbished them, and dont let blacks in (racist, but true). A lot of my extended family lives there for next to nothing.

mongoose01

Don Juan
Reaction score
doooood! I'm Black, I almost got killed in Little Italy when I was 17. I'll probably buy a relatives house (it's in the hood).

You guys really made me think about alot of stuff. I really wish I could get custody. That's another post on another website.