Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I NEED HELP!!! 1st time going to clubs and parties!

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends have forever been trying to get me to go to a club or party with them. I dont know whats been holding me back. I guess its a combination of fear of rejection and not knowing what to do. In a few weeks I'm gonna grab my balls and just go. But I'm pretty much clueless on what to do:(.

I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some pointers on how to atleast survive this ordeal. I'm bascially a "virgin" party and club goer :D . Like, what tha hell do I do as soon as I walk in the door of a house party or club for that matter? What kind of opening lines u use to pull girls to the dance floor? Is height a factor at clubs and parties?(i'm 5'6 1/2) Can i survive on the dance floor just moving just enough, or do i have to do some serious moves(whatever that is?

:D ). And if you have any other tips that will help me, that would be great also. Thanks in advance:cool:

K56Connect

Don Juan
Reaction score
My pre-party or pre-club game consists of funnelling about 5 Natty Ices in a row out in the parking lot. I swear this will loosen you up to the point of not even caring if you win or lose. Have a blast.

Azariah

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe this subject has been adequately covered in the Bible, but here’s my take on it.

Hint: Drop all your expectations. It's your first time in a new environment. You will be nervous when you first arrive, and that's okay.

I believe it's best if you go with the intention of having a good time and not to pick up chicks. Show up a little early, before the crowds start rolling in. Have a couple drinks and chat with your friends. Make yourself comfortable. Then go out on the dance floor and shake it like you’re the only one out there. You won’t be the best dancer there, but that’s not important.

Let me stress this point. Some friends and I went out to the clubs on Thursday night. I was there just to have a good time, have a couple drinks, and dance. I was not really looking to pick up. I was dancing a little off to the side, doing my own thing like no one was watching. I had two women pull me out towards the middle to dance with them. Few things are sexier than confidence, even when it’s unintentional. ;)

Go and have a good time. Get your sea legs. Expect nothing. Nervousness and self-consciousness will shine brighter than the lights above the dance floor. So until you can relinquish (or adequately bury) your fears, your "success rate" isn’t going to be high. You won’t be the God of the Club your first time out. No one expects you to be.

Enjoy!

supertrooper

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, i have this thing about not drinking alcohol. Is this going to be a problem in this type setting? And does anyone know any good videos that show club dancing? Cuz i would like to practice some, instead of going out there cold:)

Azariah

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't drink, you say? No problem there. Having a couple drinks is a time-tested way to take the edge off your anxiety, but it certianly isn't a requirement.

As for dance moves... I don't really know. The few skills I've picked up have been from watching people in clubs and adapting moves I like into my own style. I'm actually looking to incorporate more tricks into my dance as well. Do a search on the site. I vaguely remember someone mentioning there is good info buried in the archives. (Or maybe I'll do it later and report back)

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. As long as you dance with rhythm, don't worry about it too much... don't try to watch a Michael Jackson video and perform every move that he's done badly and off beat, that's the worse thing you could do...

What I do recommend for dancing is watching Usher videos... out of all the music I've studied and been a part of, he has some of the best and less blatant moves that you can incorporate into a club... also, try to avoid the whole Justin Timberlake videos, since everyone does the same little hand thing to every song... also pre-set routines aren't good, like guys who've learnt to do a little breakdancing, then run the same move to every song... just looks outta place

"Darrin's Dance Grooves" is one of the best instructional dance videos around... I know a bunch of professional dancers who all own copies to it...

2. When you walk into a club or any venue you make your presence known... just scout around the club see what's up... be seen, see what girls you're feelin', check 'em in the eye first, show that you're confident in this environment...

3. Chat up lines on dancefloors are a little hmmmmmmm... clubs and parties are generally very shallow environments, things are done on a looks basis, because with high volume music, it isn't the environment for conversation...

If the opportunity comes up to impress with your conversation, then take it and be sharp with what you say... my most recent example would be last week, when this 6'2" stunning blonde approached me when I'd just got into the club room of a venue with a friend...

She asked me, "Do you not think it's kinda gay, 2 guys dancing together?"

I could've backed off and cowered, been shook by the comment... but I held her eye and came back with, "You see, for most guys it might be a problem, but you see, me & this guy are so confident / comfortable with our heterosexuality that it ain't a thing"... and she loved me for it, needless to say things progressed late into the night...

There's most definitely a learning curve there... when you first start out in the club scene you're unlikely to be the best dancer, know all songs, know the definite signals, or have the wittiest lines... but over time as you experience and have basically a trial and error period, and build your confidence up, you turn out to be one of the most successful people in there, as long as you have the looks to match... if you don't have the greatest looks, don't worry about it, so you won't catch as many girls as the guys who do and already have the above downpacked, but just remember that different people have different opinions on what is attractive to them...