"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

I missed the chance, but I still haven't given up hope.

cyjay201

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Alright, well this hot chick in my school and I were talking outside of class one day. I had caught her before staring at me in the halls and one day I introduced myself to her. During the next few days I didn't speak to her at all, and really didn't give a **** if I saw her, I didn't try to talk to her or anything. One day she came up to me and said "Hey, remember me?" I said yeah and we had a conversation. I initiated a little bit of kino, and shot out some neg hits. She was laughing a lot, somehow the discussion got focused on church, and she told me I should come with her to youth group. I wanted to be a challenge so I told her I was busy most of the time on Wednesday nights.

I didn't just want to give in to this girl who is around an 8. Plus I actually am busy on Wednesday nights. I know that she is interested in me, next time I talk to her I'll mention something about hanging out. Here's my question, did I do the right thing?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
missed my chance... Wow, nice topic. The complete opposite of your thread. Anyways, you are busy wed nights and told her so. Period. What's to say? It's true isn't it? then why is this thread in existence?

sigh. Brainwashed... completly.
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by LikRetsam
missed my chance... Wow, nice topic. The complete opposite of your thread. Anyways, you are busy wed nights and told her so. Period. What's to say? It's true isn't it? then why is this thread in existence?

sigh. Brainwashed... completly.
You know, you write rather pretentiously for a 15 year old :)
 

cyjay201

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by LikRetsam
missed my chance... Wow, nice topic. The complete opposite of your thread. Anyways, you are busy wed nights and told her so. Period. What's to say? It's true isn't it? then why is this thread in existence?

sigh. Brainwashed... completly.
Forgive me for posting my thoughts, how am I brainwashed?

I'm new at this crap, and forgive me if I haven't sorted it all out yet.

Just to let you know, you're only 15. You may know more about being a Don Juan than me, but don't assume that you know more about everything than anyone else on this board. At times you come across like that and it just irritates me.

Thanks for the reply....I guess
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Originally posted by LikRetsam
missed my chance... Wow, nice topic. The complete opposite of your thread. Anyways, you are busy wed nights and told her so. Period. What's to say? It's true isn't it? then why is this thread in existence?

sigh. Brainwashed... completly.
becasue he wants to do something with her
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Cause I'm a cool keyboard jockey and no one knows me in real life and I can act however I please.:rolleyes:

I felt offended by your post and expressed myself accordingly. It is not a question of knowledge of the game or who is the better/more experience DJ. Did you do the right thing? it all depends on where you look at it. I don't much like coming to such posts and telling you wether you did the right thing because I am limited to your short thread for all the information I need while you were there in real life. Only you can know if you did the "right" thing.

From your post, yes, I think you did the right thing or rather the only thing you could have done. Frankly, there is no "right" thing. Again, the right thing will be different for different people. To you it may be what you have done, to me it would've been whipping it out and telling her to hop on. So frankly, only your opinion should matter.

You are not forgiven for posting your threads nor under any circumstances should you appologize for your views. I said brainwashed, but that was perhaps far from what my mind was thinking =) . Brainwashed was the word that came to my head to describe the above. :D


Oh, I just caught what ticked me off. You said you wanted to be a challenge but later admitted that you were just busy and that there was no challenge to it.

This girl is very interrested in you, she even asked you to a um "date". Frankly, there is very little you could possibly do to get her uninterrested. There is a very limited amount of "wrong" things you can do. So if you want her, just tell her you're going to XYZ saturday and she could tag along.

Good luck to you,
My appologies.
Lik
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Since when do you reject obvious dates with hot girls just for the hell of it? That isn't being a DJ, that's just being stupid.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Originally posted by Porky
Since when do you reject obvious dates with hot girls just for the hell of it? That isn't being a DJ, that's just being stupid.
He said he is actually doing something on Wednesday, plus maybe he dont wanna go to a youth group
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by JSH
He said he is actually doing something on Wednesday, plus maybe he dont wanna go to a youth group
I know that.

From his post though, I gathered that he thought it was cool to reject her, and he would have done so even if he didn't have something else going on sunday nights, just to keep her in suspense.

I wanted to be a challenge so I told her I was busy most of the time on Wednesday nights.

I didn't just want to give in to this girl who is around an 8.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Original poster can you clarify it for us please. Maybe he didnt want to give in to this girl by cancelling what he had on?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
No... I'm with Porky. I'm sure he wanted to apply a concept he had just learned how to spell.
 

cyjay201

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Original poster can you clarify it for us please. Maybe he didnt want to give in to this girl by cancelling what he had on?

Yeah I had a track meet, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I know it's old but I thought I'd reply.

Porky: Her youth group wasn't on Sunday night, it was on Wednesday night.

It's all good though, I hooked up with her and we're seeing eachother now. I realized it was stupid for me to even start this thread, I realize I don't need anyone elses advice on my dating life.

Thanks for the replies.
 

Matt Man

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
BROOKLYN
Originally posted by cyjay201
Alright, well this hot chick in my school and I were talking outside of class one day. I had caught her before staring at me in the halls and one day I introduced myself to her. During the next few days I didn't speak to her at all, and really didn't give a **** if I saw her, I didn't try to talk to her or anything. One day she came up to me and said "Hey, remember me?" I said yeah and we had a conversation. I initiated a little bit of kino, and shot out some neg hits. She was laughing a lot, somehow the discussion got focused on church, and she told me I should come with her to youth group. I wanted to be a challenge so I told her I was busy most of the time on Wednesday nights.

I didn't just want to give in to this girl who is around an 8. Plus I actually am busy on Wednesday nights. I know that she is interested in me, next time I talk to her I'll mention something about hanging out. Here's my question, did I do the right thing?
go get them Tiger :D :D
 

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Well, in my opinion, there's nothing you can really do about it except maybe try and set up another date. I mean, you were busy on Wednesday nite anyways right?

And another thing. You applying the concept of " being a challenge" wasn't really necessary in this situation. The purpose of using that is to get a girl to become interested in you. When in fact, from what you said, it seems she was already interested in you hence she asked you out to spend some time with you :] It's good to be a challenge, but don't over-do it. Girls can and WILL move on, just like we do..
 

cyjay201

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2004
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the replies guys, but uh I already solved my problem....It's the third to last post. Thanks though.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by cyjay201
I hooked up with her and we're seeing eachother now.
I think you should try to hook up with her.
 
Top