I met Bill Duff from the Human Weapon today

Methuselah

Don Juan
Reaction score
This morning I was at my gym, stretching and waiting for the womans' yoga class to get finished their class so I could practice my martial arts. And as I walk into the room to beat the **** out of the heavy bags, who do I see behind me. A big tall white guy with a shaved head, I think to myself, "Where have I seen this guy before?" So while I'm hitting the bag, he asks me what I train in, and then I recognized him from the show on the History Channel called, "The Human Weapon", for those of you who have never seen it or aren't interested in MMA, this means nothing to you. But for those of you who do, I had the opportunity to speak with him for a little while and he is a very cool dude. Apparently the filming of that show was some intense ****, he shared some crazy stories with me about his journey across the world learning various disciplines of martial arts. If I see him again I'm thinking of asking to interview him for those of you who are interested, please post any questions you have for him and I'll see what I can do!

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the show as entertainment...but I hope those two guys have a tongue in cheek attitude about their own abilities after two weeks of training.

Did you ask how much time they actually spend with each martial art?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Bill's a big guy. In a real fight, he's not going to be using a lot of the finesse-arts...he's going to be taking full advantage of his size and reach.

That's got to be an interesting show to work on, though. The travel, the culture, and each martial art offers something to everyone.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What martial art if he had to choose one would be best for a streetfight?

sensei_tonyb

Reaction score
Ask him

Which martial arts styles most impressed him and which ones most disappointed him. (personally after watching the Ninjutsu one I was disapointed, but the Cambodian and Malaysian guys I felt stepped it up more than I had inticipated)