Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I met a woman online now what?

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I met this woman online, and the reason I opted for the online deal was because there were a few things I was trying to find, and religion was one of them, and because the lack of where I am at and the age group I went online.

So I have chatted with this girl, and we have sent e-mails back and forth for he past 2 weeks, and we are getting to know more about one another. Now its not like tons of e-mails per week cause she is busy, so its about 2 or so depending on length.

Anyway, my question is basically what is the approach to doing this for you that have done this? One thing though is that she is a plane fly away, so it would mean flying a few states away to meet her. No biggy cause the plane ticket round-trip isn't that much. If anything i'd be out $250. I mean I was spending that in 2 months one time just dating a girl and since I haven't spent a penny on anyone since last summer i'm fine with it.

Now if it was local i'd talk to a girl say... It was school, then say hey, want to go out for a drink. Simple.

Now online I have no idea how to even go about doing something like that. Obviously you want to talk as much as possible and not seem creepy and go... Oh, how bout I come visit after the first e-mail.

Do you ask if they would like to meet you, or say... Would it be ok if I met you ?

I mean i'm sure people do it all the time, but its my first encounter like that, and so far it seems like we click very well, and by the sounds of it, better than some other people i've dated locally.

So any advice of what I need to do would help me tons.

And if you've had experience, please say what you did to initiate the first meeting, especially if it was a plane fly away.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, are either of you open to relocating if you'd want to pursue a relationship? LDRs have little chance of working unless you have already established a solid foundation in your relationship and that can only be done by face to face interactions.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm willing too, and I think she is too. From what I can tell any way and by the way she talks.

I have no problem with it at all, and in fact, for my career, it is better if I do once my last semester of school is over.

Now she has a job and my guess would be if you found one in her field, yeah. Both of what we do its hard to do our jobs in certain states.

One thing though is that the cost of living where I am now could almost guarantee only one person works and that would be enough. Where she is, more than likely 2 would need to work unless you did really well.

Now since what she does allows her to do side projects, assuming it worked, I could work, she could do freelance stuff at home and she wouldn't have to work.

I'm making the assumption as a "what if it went well and worked out"

All would depend on who moves. (if that was the case)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, start off with a telephone call; actually a few. It'll make the transition to a LD meeting a bit easier if things progress.

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paying 250 for a plane to meet a woman that I don't even know that I am gonna like in person? I would NEVER do that.

vp171s

Don Juan
Reaction score
ryannath said:
Paying 250 for a plane to meet a woman that I don't even know that I am gonna like in person? I would NEVER do that.
valid point, but life requires risk.

I definitely agree that 2 weeks of phone calls would give you a better perspective if she is what you're looking for.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, phone calls will be what's next, and i'll ask if I can call. If I get a no, then there is a hint.

But no, i'm not just gonna board a plane tomorrow. True, it is about taking risks.

But driving is out of the question, so there is no option. And since she has a 9-5 work schedule I dont think she'll take off work. I on the other hand have the luxury to go when ever I want once summer is here.

So that's still June since I cant go anywhere till then cause of a class in the summer. So 2 months to do the phone deal and see if it is worth it.

I mean it has to be worth it for me, AND her, and I doubt she would say it would be cool if she had no intentions.

So i'll probably get a feel for it in the next month or so.

And in the end, if she was the right one, 250 was worth it. If not, at least I got a trip in another state out of it, and a small vacation. And if I did go, i'd make it worth my time, like a full week.

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Suicide is your only option.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
Yeah, i'm willing too, and I think she is too. From what I can tell any way and by the way she talks.

I have no problem with it at all, and in fact, for my career, it is better if I do once my last semester of school is over.

Now she has a job and my guess would be if you found one in her field, yeah. Both of what we do its hard to do our jobs in certain states.

One thing though is that the cost of living where I am now could almost guarantee only one person works and that would be enough. Where she is, more than likely 2 would need to work unless you did really well.

Now since what she does allows her to do side projects, assuming it worked, I could work, she could do freelance stuff at home and she wouldn't have to work.

I'm making the assumption as a "what if it went well and worked out"

All would depend on who moves. (if that was the case)
She must be on the east coast for the cost if living in her state is so high that two people have to work. I'd also watch the religious Christian ones, they don't always live by what they say.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack McCrack said:
Suicide is your only option.
That's good advice coming from a 19yr old. :kick: Couldn't have said it better myself.

And being the Don... East coast it is. Of course I dont know what she makes so i'm just assuming it would take two, but I do know what she does and who she works for, so its a possibility she does quite alright.

But at the same time, what my brother does is the same line of work, he is amazing at what he does, and is VERY underpaid, so it all depends on "The Man" and who pays what.

As far as religion, i'm paying attention to not only what she says, but her parents, and so far so good, and i'm not worried about that end.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
That's good advice coming from a 19yr old. :kick: Couldn't have said it better myself.

And being the Don... East coast it is. Of course I dont know what she makes so i'm just assuming it would take two, but I do know what she does and who she works for, so its a possibility she does quite alright.

But at the same time, what my brother does is the same line of work, he is amazing at what he does, and is VERY underpaid, so it all depends on "The Man" and who pays what.

As far as religion, i'm paying attention to not only what she says, but her parents, and so far so good, and i'm not worried about that end.
Her parents? What about them? Does she bring them up in the convos you two have been having? As for work, part of it depends on what you do and who you work for. I know about someone who is an engineer for a company in New England who makes good money but has been on the job ten years but complains the job is stressful all the time. But the pay is so good they keep going into the office all the time.

It's good for you to know how she treats her family and friends. You can even get a sense of that by how she communicates about what she does. You'll eventually hear about past relationships, look for patterns and who she has gotten involved with and why. I heard that some women in their mid 30s are sometimes trying to get away from bad relationships but don't know what to do with themselves when looking for a guy. I think that probably makes them sometimes more frustrating than women in their 20s.

Last edited: