Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Love Guns!!! What Is Your Dream Gun/rifle?

wooly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
If your cousin used one of those for deer there would be nothing left of the deer to eat. You MIGHT be able to use it with Moose, Caribou or Elk...but even that would be kinda iffy. The gun is so powerful it will rip a deer to shreds...with the exception of head shots from a considerable distance.

are you sure you don't mean a .300 magnum, a 300 savage is no more powerfull then a .308, and they both work fine for deer. Some people even use 300 mags for deer. Ive seen my cousin shot many of deer and none were ripped apart.

well, i guess it depends on the kind of bullet to, you can get bullets for a
.30-30 that will ruin a deer.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
wooly said:
are you sure you don't mean a .300 magnum, a 300 savage is no more powerfull then a .308, and they both work fine for deer. Some people even use 300 mags for deer. Ive seen my cousin shot many of deer and none were ripped apart.

well, i guess it depends on the kind of bullet to, you can get bullets for a
.30-30 that will ruin a deer.
Nope...it was a 300 Savage...and (at least the one I had) the bullets you are supposed to use with the gun are way too much for deer. I didn't hunt with it. I shot it on a military firing range...always prone...after the first time standing it threw me back a couple of feet and knocked me on my kiester.

If I had of shot a deer with that gun the meat would have been too damaged.

wooly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Nope...it was a 300 Savage...and (at least the one I had) the bullets you are supposed to use with the gun are way too much for deer. I didn't hunt with it. I shot it on a military firing range...always prone...after the first time standing it threw me back a couple of feet and knocked me on my kiester.

If I had of shot a deer with that gun the meat would have been too damaged.
Yea, they do kick like a mule. My buddy cut his forehead from the scope when he shot it. They are a kick ass gun.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
wooly said:
Yea, they do kick like a mule. My buddy cut his forehead from the scope when he shot it. They are a kick ass gun.
I bruised my shoulder everytime I shot it...but I only bruised my arse that first time when I tried to shoot it standing up. Bad idea, that was. I didn't know you could even bruise your entire kiester like that. It turned purple and green and everything...yucky stuff. Prone all the way after that.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wooly said:
oh, thx for the tip. I just searched it and found them for like 400 bucks, field grade, which means they have some wear i guess. Id probably use it hunt anyways. Im not to sure if its legal for hunting hear though.
I finally obtained a Garand... it's a 1986 repro from Springfield Armory (primary gov't contractor for M1 garands) that I bought from a older fellow who needed to liquidate his guns. Price was right, the gun is in excellent shape. I'm practicing loading, racking, unloading with inert training rounds, before I spend $1.50 a shot at the range! :)

lildevil

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont like guns their scary lol lol....maybe because I tried to hold one when i was a kid...all i remember that it was heavy and it could do some damage

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had the need for a gun or the means to buy it a Walther PPK. Just for the Bond nerd in me. But my neighborhood is all families and quiet and I have a pitbull that would lick an intruder to death.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
Retarded... do you guys even know the meaning of awesome guns? Apparently not.

Heres a few of the coolest weapons never made:

The Pulse Rifle from ALIENS (The best machine gun ever concieved)

The LRM Gun from ALIENS (The one vasquez uses when she says ´lets rock!!!´)

The Alien Drug Dealer Gun from I COME IN PEACE (and you go in pieces mutfuker, what a great line!)

The Convenant Plasma Rifle (The Splash damage is so wicked)

The Laser Tag Black and Red Pistol

The Laser Rifle from V

Judge Dreadd´s Pistol (in the movie)

That large sonic cannon on Genosis to wipe out the jedi

The ´Sound Machine´ Gun that Paul Maudib uses when hes riding the sandworm in Dune. (The 80s Movie)

Han Solos holdout Blaster (The one he uses to fry greedo with)

The cannon on top of the millenium falcon (who wouldnt want to fire that off)

The Noisy Cricket from MIB

Ash´s shotgun from Army of Darkness

The guns used by the duloks in the second Ewok movie (The ones wrapped in cloth)

The rifle used by amanda in the movie Space Raiders by Roger Corman (excellent movie)

Doctor Who´s sonic screwdriver (not always a gun)

Best overall REAL GUN scene in any movie (Tremors 1, when fred and wife are shooting at the worm in their house)

Second best scene (Terminator 2, shootout from inside the armored car)
Uhh... okay :|

I agree with your last two, but the others are just a wee bit too fantastical for me.

Personally, this would be my armory had i the financial freedom to get them (hopefully sooner rather than later)

Rifle: XM-8 with full kit.
SMG: FN P90
Shotgun: Pancor ****ing Jackhammer.
Pistol: Sig Sauer P229 (Chambered for .357 SIG)

as far as nostalgia pieces, i'd love an M1 Garand to hang on my wall. I'd also kill to get one of those Prototype XM-29 OICW weapons. too bad they were cancelled :mad:

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guns are pedestrian. If we're talking dream weaponry then there is only one logical choice - the self-regenerating bio-weapon - Guyver. (fast forward to 4:20 if you don't want to watch all 6min) 100Mega Watt+ Particle Cannons anyone?

But in all seriousness - Barrett XM109 Please.

I have a thing for anime.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
Retarded... do you guys even know the meaning of awesome guns? Apparently not.

Heres a few of the coolest weapons never made:

The Pulse Rifle from ALIENS (The best machine gun ever concieved)

Which was a prop made from a Thompson SMG and a SPAS-12 shotgun

The LRM Gun from ALIENS (The one vasquez uses when she says ´lets rock!!!´)

A prop made from a Steadicam harness and a .50 cal Browning M2

The Alien Drug Dealer Gun from I COME IN PEACE (and you go in pieces mutfuker, what a great line!)

As yes, the Calico 9mm machinepistol.

The Convenant Plasma Rifle (The Splash damage is so wicked)

The Laser Tag Black and Red Pistol

I had laser tag, and wished it was really firing a destructive bolt of energy.

The Laser Rifle from V

Another fictitious weapon I wish I had.

Judge Dreadd´s Pistol (in the movie)

The "Lawgiver?" Not bad, but the genetic gun lock was a silly invention
for the movie. The Judge Dredd comic is a masterpiece of dark comedy.

That large sonic cannon on Genosis to wipe out the jedi

Yup... very cool too.

The ´Sound Machine´ Gun that Paul Maudib uses when hes riding the sandworm in Dune. (The 80s Movie)

Barely remember it from seeing it in the theater in 1984.

Han Solos holdout Blaster (The one he uses to fry greedo with)

I liked all Star Wars blasters... the best part of that scene was Han's ruthlessness in drawing and shooting first. BTW, the correct
response to anyone threatening your life with a gun or knife.
Action beats reaction.

The cannon on top of the millenium falcon (who wouldnt want to fire that off)

Nice blaster array... Lucas was fascinated with WWII... look up ".50 cal turret" or "ball turret" to see the real-life progenitor of that one.

The Noisy Cricket from MIB

I felt that gun was simply a silly visual gag in a silly movie.

Ash´s shotgun from Army of Darkness

Which one? The double-barreled one, or the lever-action one?
Double-barreled shotguns are for hunting ducks or quail...
Repeating shotguns are the real deal for the two-legged varmints.

The guns used by the duloks in the second Ewok movie (The ones wrapped in cloth)

The rifle used by amanda in the movie Space Raiders by Roger Corman (excellent movie)

Doctor Who´s sonic screwdriver (not always a gun)

Best overall REAL GUN scene in any movie (Tremors 1, when fred and wife are shooting at the worm in their house)

Yes, now THAT is a rec room... The guys who made that film had to have been gun guys - I love how the shell cleaner is what started the attack... if you look carefully at the gun case as Burt smashes it open, there's a neat little display of ammunition set on a wood block.

Second best scene (Terminator 2, shootout from inside the armored car)

Awesome scene... I loved it when the armored car overturned and you can see all of the bullet holes on the roof.
See above.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I might not be the only cowboy on this site after all.

Winchester 1873 lever action in 30-40
Original Henry lever action in .45 Long Colt
Colt Match Grade HBAR in .223
Custom .308 sniper rifle
Sig Sauer P229 X5 in .40 cal.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unbridled_Phoenix said:
Sig Sauer P229 X5 in .40 cal.
YES! Another P229 Fan! :D :D :D

I still prefer the .357 though. ^_^

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
M249 SAW

I can't legally own one, but when im in the army I'll either be equipped with that or the F-88 Steyr.

Those aren't exactly hunting rifles but they do get the job done. :D

I'd like to own a rebuilt M1911 pistol too.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Marlimus said:
Here is a list of my favorite firearms:
16 gauge remington pump-action shotgun,
16 gauge? P*ssy. :p If your shoulder can't handle a proper 12-gauge then it's time to hit the gym.

I'll post pics of my modest collection sometime. Let's just say ATF has my information on-file. :D