"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

I look like her brother...

oatmealandtuna

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Okay, I applied the DJ rules and stopped being a chicken **** and I got her number. However while she was giving it to me, she mentioned that I looked like her brother. (!)

I know that this is basically a death kneel for any aspiring DJ but it's also possible that it was just an innocent comment. However, I'm a rational guy and I figure it's probably not a good sign. I'm gonna call her on Sunday to schedule a lunch date and am wondering what things I can do to feel out her level of interest. Any suggestions? Comments?

Thanks in advance!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
She already told you what her interest level was when she told you that you reminded her of her brother, and girls don't have sexual relations with their brothers!

In other words she doesn't find you sexually attractive or she is more interested in another guy and wants to let you down easy in a way that she thinks is a complement, but it is an insult because she is actually unknowingly saying that the man in question is sexually defunked and would give her retarded children.

Next time an attractive girl tells you that you look like her brother tell her that she reminds you of an old aquaintance.

If she doesn't understand explain directly that you only see her as an aquaintance.

If she gripes to you about being an aquaintance is unfair and that she wants to be friends tell her that is just the way it is going to be and you arn't going to be buddy buddy with her.

She will do one of three things

1. get upset and stop talking to you
2. not get upset and stop talking to you

and the best one, this is what you want her to do.

3. she will hang around you twice as often, suck up to you and supplicate, and try to prove her own worth to you

If you get #3 from her then there is a slight chance you can have a relationship with her, but it may not be worth it because there might be some bitterness and resentment from the way that your relationship started, so probably better advice would just be to use her for practice and make her do things on your terms from now on.


And don't spend any money on her, either. If she goes anywhere with you insist that she pays for her part. Don't waste monety on women who arn't interested.
 
Last edited:

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
"You look like my brother"
or
"You remind me of my brother"
or
"You are like a brother to me"



are all ******** for:

I consider having sex with you as INCEST.

Give it a shot, you never know - who doesn't attempts never acheives, but don't expect anything.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
That's unfortunate and I'm sorry to say I have used the "You remind me of my sister" line on a few women before as a kind hint. It's like saying "I like you as a person, but don't feel any sexual attraction."

It might be because you're acting too brotherly or too passive in her company and not showing your sexuality. You shouldn't be groping her, but try to be a little more masculine and give her a smouldering look from time to time. You'll be surprised how effective this can be.


If she doesn't understand explain directly that you only see her as an aquaintance.
Incidentally, I like this! Women don't like meaning so little to a guy. Even if they're not interested they would at least like to consider themselves important enough to be a friend.

Anyway, I would guess that her comment was a hint, but give it some time and you might be able to turn it around.
 

oatmealandtuna

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
That's dissapointing but expected. I figured that's what she meant. I'll give it a shot I suppose although I don't feel particularly motivated anymore.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
tough, I'd have issue with a girl that got sexual with a guy she thought looked just like her brother...
 

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
Tell her she reminds you of your mom.
 

A.J. Stanson

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Milledgeville, GA
This could be a classic case of overanalyzing and overreacting. She said you LOOK like her brother, not that you remind her of him, or act like him. There's also a difference between saying "You remind me of my brother" and "I see you as a brother." Plus, have you seen a picture of her brother? If you really look a lot like him, isn't it only natural for her to mention it?

However, if you don't really look anything like him, I think you could take it as a bad sign.
 

karusel

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 26, 2003
Messages
98
Reaction score
1
Age
47
Originally posted by rgeere
and girls don't have sexual relations with their brothers!
Except in Texas.

Bush was born in Texas. Coincidence? I don't think so.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by A.J. Stanson
This could be a classic case of overanalyzing and overreacting. She said you LOOK like her brother, not that you remind her of him, or act like him. There's also a difference between saying "You remind me of my brother" and "I see you as a brother." Plus, have you seen a picture of her brother? If you really look a lot like him, isn't it only natural for her to mention it?

However, if you don't really look anything like him, I think you could take it as a bad sign.
Stanson made a point, in fact, there are times that girls who are attracted to you will say these things, but it is more of an exception to the rule.

I would advise using my strategy that I listed above about telling her you see her as a aquaintance whenever a girl says that regardless. If they really really like you they will throw a hugh fit and pout about it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
Ask her, "How'd you feel about some incest, baby?"
 

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
sometimes i tell girls that something of them reminds me of my sister or my best friend.... is all good, if shes interested shell just be more interested

oh and i dont know if the same applies for a women saying that to a guy
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by undesputable
sometimes i tell girls that something of them reminds me of my sister or my best friend.... is all good, if shes interested shell just be more interested

oh and i dont know if the same applies for a women saying that to a guy
Women indirectly hint and read into things so saying that often does mean that she has no attraction for you.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Ask her, "How'd you feel about some incest, baby?"
I can see that comeing off as sounding really sleezy.

You can also try the indirect approach that she will understand if she is indirectly hinting by the *brother* comment.

Say, "Wow, you're such an interesting and facasinating girl. Let's get engaged and move to Arkansas, you can meet maw and paw before our hooneymoon to the Appalacians!"

If she has the slightest bit of intelligence she will already read "incest" and *sex* into that line and equate it with the comment she made to you about looking like her brother.
 
Top