"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

I look AFC

MixMaxster

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Canada
Ok guys I need a heads up or something,

I walk around and people can just SMELL the AFC scent on me. Hell man if a girl is interested in me and introduces herself, I ruin it before I open my mouth.

What is going on? Do I smell or something? lol but I just don't get it, I can be a pretty good DJ on the inside and all but when I'm face to face with someone I am a complete AFC.

I just DO NOT get how people can just smell it coming from me like I stink AFC or something.

Any ideas?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
497
Reaction score
7
what do you mean, they "smell it" ? give us a more tangible example of what's going on.

Also, try to approach, and stop waiting to be approached. That way, you take the initiative ... it might give you more control and confidence, thus more DJ'ish style
 

MixMaxster

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Canada
This thread smells AFC
YA man no kidding hey? :D lol

what do you mean, they "smell it" ?
There's just something about me that I think is giving off the AFC vibe and letting other people pick up on it. Like if a girl is all interested in me, there's just something I do that makes her not even pay that much attention to me.

Say a girl comes up to me and is like hey what's up, I'll talk to her, smile a lot and be C&F. Thing is though that she gets bored or something and just walks away. Or when I go to ask her for her number she gets flakey and says no and says I'm a nice guy, but that she has a bf. Or whatever excuse she can muster.

It's the same with my guy friends, they hardly even ****ing phone me anymore and not only that but most new friends I make don't even remember my NAME. Another lost my cell number and the other says hey whats up and keeps walking! WTF lol.

There's just something about ME that people almost laugh at like "OH man look at that AFC, Pfffft god I'd hate to be him". lol
You get the idea
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Yep, I think we all do. The problem is that you believe that you're an AFC. It won't get any better until you fix your head.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
705
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Location
The World In My Eyes
You are too boring and/or predictable (sp)...
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
What they smell is desperation and possibly low self esteem. Those are two tell tale signs of an AFC.
 

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
498
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
OK
I agree with what people said but I wanted to add that also maybe your body language is coming off as shy, insecure or whatever. Even if you dont notice it you may be giving off some bad unconscious body language signals i.e. fidgeting, slouching, etc.
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
I agree with what people said but I wanted to add that also maybe your body language is coming off as shy, insecure or whatever.
I second this one. If you walk around with your head down, looking at the ground, that is one definate sign of low self-esteem.

I suggest working on your eye contact and initiating conversation with strangers.

Also, don't be so goddam hard on yourself. Think about all the positive things you've done in your life. Focus on the positive, not the negative.

The body language that confidence gives off is very hard to fake. People can tell. Hell, I used to be like you. When I started focusing on the positives in my life, working on eye contact and fixing my posture, people started to accept me differently. Women look me in the eyes and smile. They know they're in the presence of a man with a good self-image.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Hey Bud,

Why don't you post up a pic? My gut feeling is you need some external feedback as at the moment you feel you can't see the wood for the trees on your look.

I did this a while back because I wasn't getting a whiff, but since taking some advice on the way I looked I've had quite a bit of interest from tasty birds.

I've always kept fit, but it was suggested I start weight training again, I believe I now am worthy of attention because my body isn't as skinny anymore (sad isn't it) but it's definately had a positive effect.

Pamper yourself and buy some expensive aftershave, get your hair styled, be kind to yourself :)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
66
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
Man, these threads. I was getting kinda annoyed at the moderators' recent trend of locking way too many threads, but threads like this one, by newbies who refuse to go learn the basics by reading up, are what supports them locking certain topics. This one is not as bad, but the author could have all his answers by doing some reading. Some of the posts are just attrocious.

They should have that DJ convention, so I could personally bitsh-slap some of these clowns.

MEMO TO NEWBIES: Newbies, it is NOT NECESSARY to use the word "AFC" in every Fvckin' idiotic post you put up. "AFC this" "AFC that", it is as annoying as those "I SO would like to" phrases chicks use.

Alright, now that I gave you a piece of my mind, I would suggest you post a picture, and make the necessary adjustments; and yes, READ THE BIBLE, since your problem is probably not physical, but mental.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
And another thing!

Just to add to Gangsta's rant.

At least Mix has given himself a reasonable username.

How many times have there been newbies with usernames like:

Completeloser

No1AFC

Suicidalchump

For fvck sake talk about labelling yourselves.

A top tip for all these guys is to make a promise to themselves that they will never refer to themselves in ths manner again.

Sure we all have challenges, but take the same situation and 2 different mindsets and you have one who sees a challenge and an opportunity, and another who just says, 'typical, this always happens to me.'

And NO! Exchumpnowreformed won't do either.;)
 

MixMaxster

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Canada
Hehe,

Honestly I have NEVER ever put myself down to an extreme in SUCH A LONG time. I would say way back when I was really hard on myself, but I'm not like that anymore. Truth be told there are guys out there who tell themselves they're a loser 24/7 instead of possibly going at their game a bit differently and saying they maybe need to learn a thing or two, but not me.

I don't take things like that which I had said to heart because I stay away from negative labels like that as they are no good for my progress and can bring a person down. I don't say "if only I was..." I say "why the hell not" and I will go out there and give 110% at it to get it.

Especially in cases where I wonder what it is that I am possibly portraying to others that gives them the idea that I am an, as I like to say, AFC. No harm no foul, I figure if you need to give yourself an added edge to make it out there then anything is always a plus.

And guys thanks for the heads up. I'll agree with Gangster and say that I no doubt have to go through the Bible more thoroughly and touch up on my mental projection of myself.

Thanks again guys, it's well appreciated. And to finish it off Alpine, I would soon rather look at my past situations and failures as a challenge and opportunity than label myself as being a victim in it.
 
Top