"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

I Left A Message

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
351
Reaction score
1
Location
Ope
Ok, so I've talked to a girl face to face a couple of times and when I number closed her she replied with a 'sure' which i think is better than a yes. So I tried to call her last night and got no answer, I quickly came up with "hername this is myname, you should have told me that you were a call screener so i could have given you my number..i know that you didn't want to miss my call. (laughing) give me a call back so we can hang out this week, my number." I don't know if that was good or not, who cares. I don't think it was and if her IL is high she call back.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
602
Reaction score
0
i like leaving messages on the first call if they don't pick up. i like your message too. i don't think you did anything wrong.

the reason i leave a message the first time, and this theory has never failed me, is the fact that it's an IL test. if they are truly interested in going out with you, they will call back. it's money in the bank once they call back.

typically, i'll even go as far as deleting their number the second after i leave them a message. this saves me the confusion of having to worry about who i have called and what not. it also alleviates any temptation to call them back out of desperation.

just keep this in mind: they will call back if they are interested. i've proven it time and time again.

my messages are usually the same. "hey this is that hot guy you were hitting on at XXXXX, give me a call back at 777-777-7777. and the 2-day rule does not apply to me."

simple as that.
 

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
351
Reaction score
1
Location
Ope
right, the only reason that i called and left a message is b/c i'm sure i'll run into her at some point this week in the gym. if she doesn't call back i won't call again, that's one rule i stick to. if i run into her and she doesn't call back i won't even mention it. she'll call i'm pretty sure.
 

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Yeah, I like to leave messages too. The last girl I left a message never called me back. But, when I talked to her later on she said that she wanted to wait to talk to me in person. That's when it hit me when she said that she was going through an end to a relationship. I was thinking, oh Sh.... So, if she doesn't call you and you see her at the gym, you can say something like: "Hey so I called you before, did you get my message?" But, you should only do that if your IL is high, otherwise you should do what you feel is more comfortable.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

ted

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Delaware
leaving messages

Personally I am starting to think that I won't leave messages the first time I call. I am going to ask them when I should call and call then. If they know when you are going to call, and they don't answer call back at a similar time. If she still doesn't answer, next her. Anty opinions?
 

ted

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Delaware
leaving messages

Personally I am starting to think that I won't leave messages the first time I call. I am going to ask them when I should call and call then. If they know when you are going to call, and they don't answer call back at a similar time. If she still doesn't answer, next her. Any opinions?
 

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
351
Reaction score
1
Location
Ope
I think that's nexting way to early. What if something came up with her and you nexted her for no reason. I have left two messages for girls over the last six months, well this makes a third. So far I'm 2 for 2.
 

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
351
Reaction score
1
Location
Ope
so to give everyone an update girl calls back. we chat for a mintue then i start asking her the time tables of her day. she says she usually get's done with everything at 12. i then say cool then we can have lunch on friday. she laughs and says your going to kill me, but my bf and i just got back together. i would have loved to go though. i say i know, you would have had fun. i then say well i'm sure we'll run into each other soon. her: i'm sorry. me: not a problem at all. just b/c you have a boyfriend doesn't mean i'm going to shun you, i know tons of people with that problem.

i think i handled it very mature and cool. even if i never hook up i think i demonstrated a level of maturity.
 
Top