"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

I know someone who got rejected twice by the same women, but not three times

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
I know this guy who worked with a girl. He asked her out three times. The first two times, she rejected him. The third time, she accepted. This was over 5 years ago and they're still together.

Explain.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
persistence...

either his game got better
or she realized she wasn't going to get anything better

whatever the reason, dude has cojones, and now they're being sucked.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
His character and personality won over her lack of physical attraction!!
 

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
I don't have any more information about this, unfortunately, but they seem to be very happy with each other.

I can also see this happening in some other situations. Say, at a bank, I can picture a guy asking out a teller and getting rejected but then on other trip (he goes there regularly) he gets her number. He makes "an impression on her."
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Between rejection #2 and rejection #3, HER no.1 prospect rejected HER.
 

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio USA
I believe it has to do with confidence...... the same thing happend to me with a woman at work. She was easily, the most attractive blonde there, and guys would usually be at her beckoning. I remember making a comment about how it was amazing that she doesn't have someone in her life, she brushed it off. Time went by, and except for little bits of info I would drop on her about my intentions, she was not interested. One night after work, I asked her out for a few drinks, she gladly accepted... I think it was on a Wednesday, and this bar, was really slow. They had a small band, and we BS'd, joked, danced, played pool, and in the end, we ended up locking lips outside our cars. Of course I played it smooth the next day, and pretended that nothing happend, and her interest grew even stronger, to the point of leaving notes on desk, and asking me out. We went out again, and it was actually a date... and I found her to be extrememly boring, and instead of finishing up our date at a comedy club, I drove her home, and left for my present gf's house. :) ....well, I didn't leave until I got some T & A first, which she gave up surprisingly enough, even after I told her that I was canceling the rest of our date.

She no longer works at my job, but from time to time, she'll drop by my office to see how the Pimp is doing.... when she heard I was a father, she popped in to see my son.... I can tell she wants one too. ;)
 
Top