Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I just got disqualified from joining the military...

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what to do. I had awesome ASVAB scores, physical scores... but I made a mistake of releasing some info from when I was 3 years old. It's not even a big deal, but they disqualified me for it.

I don't know how I'm going to go to school. I'm going to have to work full-time AND go to school full-time. I wanted to be a doctor... that's 8 years of school.

Life is going to be 20x harder now.

I'm REALLY bothered by this. Such a small detail in my life is pretty life-changing. I think it's total horseshit. I don't know where to even start anymore... I wasted about 2 years of my life planning on joining the military, and not going to school until I was in.

I don't even have money to go to school. Parents are poor.

Lucky kids get to go to school, don't have to work, and their parents pay for their kid's rent, tuition, everything. Then they take it for granted. This really blows.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hang on, you released info? What the frig is that, if you don't mind me asking?

Tough break man, you Americans have it far harder than us UK medics, both in terms of payment and training. No way of postponing a year, reapplying, or getting bursaries/grants/sponsorship?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
I don't know what to do. I had awesome ASVAB scores, physical scores... but I made a mistake of releasing some info from when I was 3 years old. It's not even a big deal, but they disqualified me for it.
welcome to the club. I cried myself to sleep the night I found out I was screwed, and it's a damn good thing I didn't have access to a gun or I'd have off'ed myself within that first 24 hours.

now you get to grit your teeth in absolute disgust every time you run into a military recruiting advertisement or news article that discusses how desperately low the army is on recruits. It's been 5 years now for me, and it still occupies my mind regularly. Unlike you though, I wanted to join out of sheer interest for the job, not as a means to an end. No matter what I do in my life, I'm always going to live knowing I was banned by default from my perpetual first career choice. If I got a medical waiver, I would still jump aboard right this moment, no second thoughts.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:

I don't know how I'm going to go to school. I'm going to have to work full-time AND go to school full-time. I wanted to be a doctor... that's 8 years of school.

Life is going to be 20x harder now.

I'm REALLY bothered by this. Such a small detail in my life is pretty life-changing. I think it's total horseshit. I don't know where to even start anymore... I wasted about 2 years of my life planning on joining the military, and not going to school until I was in.

I don't even have money to go to school. Parents are poor.

Lucky kids get to go to school, don't have to work, and their parents pay for their kid's rent, tuition, everything. Then they take it for granted. This really blows.
What did you get disqualified for? What you should have done was...

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! Didnt your recruiter pound this into your head before he sent you into the room for the "moment of truth"???

The military cant search everyones history in detail, thats exactly why they have you confess these things!!

If you are hellbent on joining the military, you should try the Navy...theyre less lenient and can try to pass you through...go talk to a recruiter and tell them your situation...they'll see what they can do...depending on what it is you have...

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I must have had a sh!tty recruiter then.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
What did you get disqualified for? What you should have done was...

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! Didnt your recruiter pound this into your head before he sent you into the room for the "moment of truth"???

The military cant search everyones history in detail, thats exactly why they have you confess these things!!

If you are hellbent on joining the military, you should try the Navy...theyre less lenient and can try to pass you through...go talk to a recruiter and tell them your situation...they'll see what they can do...depending on what it is you have...
Bronchial cleft and purpura are why I got DQ. Things that were fixed already.

I'm a military family. We're all Air Force. I knew to keep my mouth shut, the recruiters didn't make a big deal out of that part though. They scared me into releasing it. I said I didn't do drugs or smoke or anything in my entire life, which was a lie. I figured something that tiny wouldn't be a big deal.

I'm going to try getting a waiver. I've played soccer my entire life. I don't see how any of this affects the military

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
u fvcked it up for yourself. next time when your told to keep your mouth shut...do it.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Jeez you lied about the prior drug use but then you divulged the other health fact. Well you know how the military is, we got to send are best physical specimens to be killed or maimed while the defects stay behind and keep breeding :D. You might be able to get a waiver since the military needs people. Did you get PDQ at the MEPS for service wide or was this just a preliminary DQ for a certain branch? You might be able to still get a waiver if further medical testing and a physician says there's no issue.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, i applied to the Canadian Forces and they pretty much said "We'll pay you 40K a year to go to school, then give you a raise and full pension, benefits, etc to send you on tours."

Then again, i wasn't going for OCS, they disqualified me for that anyways as i have an eye condition (corneal ulcer) Since i'm an HVAC tech, they offered me a lot of mechanical positions like at an Air Base or on a Boat.

I gotta admit, i'm intrigued, as the Navy guy said he'd waive the medical stuff since i happen to be a good shot (i showed him some targets i brought from the range)

Sucks about getting DQ'ed when it's something you wanted so bad though. Keep trying! Persistance can pay big dividends!

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you only get disqualified from the Air Force or the entire military? Is there anyway you can join another branch such as the Navy or Coast Guard?