Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I just broke up with my gf before prom.

Framboise

Banned
Reaction score
It is a couple weeks before prom when suddenly, my gf of one year says shes tired of fighting and starts this hole ****. Being the jerk i am i act hard and i just said if she thinks all thats holding us together is prom tell me and she said yes so i said well then i have no words for you and i said bye and hung up.

That was about 5 minutes ago.

We have been fighting for weeks but we used to have a fruitful wonderful relationship. She was so into me and suddenly she realized and snapped out of it, she started trying to be independant and i didn't like it. I chased for a little then i remembered i shouldnt be chasing girls and started acting like a dj. She knows about this site tho so all she said was oh so your gonna start playing games and **** again i see.

Now the question is. Do i win her back before prom, go to prom on ****ty terms and have a ****ty time or do i forget prom all together and just move on. I really thought i loved this girl but suddenly shes changing. Thx dj's i appreciate it.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea u r in a tight spot

but one thing that u have to realize is that sharing this site with woman is unacceptable

cover your trax dont be stupid

but even more importantly being a jerk is not being a DJ.

being a man is.

men dont disrespect woman they just arent on our level quite yet.

back to your situation...

it really depends whats more important to u, prom or being in contol

if shes a girl she REALLY wants to go to prom.

unless she can drag out another guy to go with her she'll want u to go with her.

give it a couple days to clear out your mind avoid talking with her if possible.

one thing that this site has really helped me with is that no longer in situations do i come off as the a-hole even if i may be actin like it

but try not to compromise yourself

at worst make sure your boys invite u to the after party

-DrIx

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her how you feel about her and get off this site. If she knows about this site, she most likely has the wrong view of it.... and come on... don't tell women about this site...

vinch

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i would say..
if you guys just broke up, talk to her to going with you to prom, as friends, then you start to apply DJ actions on her, and see her reactuion... probably will be no diffrent, but trying is pretty good =p
and if she doesnt want to go with you to prom, say **** and say the exact words:
"I don't care now that we broke up, dates only ruin the fun of prom"
she'll probably get pissed and you will never going to have a chance with her again...
but believe me if you still want a date to prom, if people knows you, jsut start saying that you don't have a date to prom anymore and see if you can find one... i didn't want a date to prom and one day before prom i got to go with two girls... the one that i went out to dinner and all that shyt was trying to possese me and didn't alowed me to dance with any1 else other thatn the girl that i'll be going out with soon, she didn't even gave me the chance to dance with the other girl.... that sucked so bad is not even fun... n we left earlier... an whole ****ing hour early from prom to try t get to the after prom.... had to change clothes and all taht shyt... dude, if you're going alone, try to dance with as many friends as you know, and jsut have fun... thats all that i can say.. i was pissed afterwards, cuz my other date other date didn't got to dance, and there was some real hot girls that i know that were sitting around during the dances... that pissed me so bad....
:) hope i helped something sharing my experience :p

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rule #1 - Dont tell chicks about the site. Its like "Fight Club."

Anyway, as for your problem - Tell me honestly, do you think you can make ammends? Even if you do, do you think it'll be worth it (i.e. will you two last even after something such as this)? People generally break up for a reason, and yeah, it blows but you cant always control which part of the cookie crumbles. You said you guys have been fighting for a few weeks - What started it (like what was the initial fight)? You and I both know that fire doesnt burn without fuel, so obviously something triggered her "snap" she had. If you honestly dont know, you might as well ask to find out (theoretically, if you want to, most problems are solvable).

Also, I truly do know what it's like to break up with someone before something like prom (it wasnt prom but it was another school formal). All I can say is, you've got a couple of weeks before prom - do something about this situation. Dont leave it hanging. Either find out if she really wants to break up or if she (and you) are sorry and want to get back together. The reason why I'm saying this is because (though this might not be what you wanna hear), if you do break up you can still have a good time at prom with the other girls there. "The best way to get over one girl is with another girl," as the saying goes. Or, on the flip side (though I'll tell you it seems somewhat less probable) you two could be back together and have a decent time at prom if you're willing to put all this sh!t behind you and move forward.

Guess the theme I'm going for here is,"Dont waste time; hers or yours." You know your situation better than I do, so you make the judgement calls.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dare you to go alone.

You COULD go alone.....and try to meet people when you get there.

I did.

My date cancelled me (my own damn fault, I called a WEEK before to try to make plans, which isn't enough time to make plans, especially since we're both very busy people). And then my both of my backups (I was going to take both of them) cancelled on me too (they said their Moms wouldn't let them go, but since they're freshies I can see why, plus I don't know their Moms). But I won't ramble on.

My point is that since so MUCH money is involved and invested, there is NO REASON not to go and have fun, even if you go alone.

I paid HUNDREDS of dollars......so I would have been damned if I didn't go after spending all that.

Ben

P.S. It's an oppurtunity to meet new chicks.