"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

i have to write something about this girl..

esroim

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
My class are having a sort of reflection on the years we've had in school (I'm graduating in a couple of weeks) and our religion teacher suggested we do this thing whereby we all have a notebook and the notebook is passed around and each person writes something positive about them on it like "good luck in the future" or how they're a good friend etc.

Anyway there's this girl in my class that I really like and I think she likes me too but there hasn't ever really been an opportunity for me to say anything to her.

I don't know what to write on her notebook. I know her well enough but I don't hang around with her. I sit beside her in one class and we talk alot and get on well and I definately get the impression that she likes me. But sometimes I think it might seem like I don't like her because sometimes I don't pay attention to her and she seems to pay more attention to me (probably because I'm sort of nervous when there's no conversation going).

Anyway, today she told me that she already wrote in mine and she asked me had I written in hers so she's obviously interested in what I'm going to say. I hadn't written in it yet because I missed that class but I'll have to write something in it on Tuesday.

I don't want to write something that makes her think I only appreciate her as a friend but at the same time I obviously don't want to tell her I like her through a notebook (I'll tell her soon enough but this doesn't seem like the right way). I think she might think I don't like her in that sense, so I don't want to confirm her thoughts by writing something about how she's a good friend.

I'll wish her the best of luck in the future obviously but I also want to say something that shows she means something to me without saying that I actually like her.

What to do?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I wouldn't dessecrate the notebook with any hint of your feelings. I'd just say something normal with possibly an inside joke the 2 of you share or an indirect statement announcing your feelings.
 

esroim

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Yeah I was thinking about an inside joke or something. Thanks.
Anyone else know what else I could say?
 

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
yeah..inside joke..ur #...tell her to call u..if she didnt put her # in urs...tell her you two are GOING to hang out..none of this "we should hang out" stuff...more along the lines of "me and u are hangin out..call me n ill let ya know whats goin on" or the likes...
 

esroim

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I can't put my number down because it's practically like asking her out. She'll look back at this in a few years and I'd rather she could read something I said about her as a person than me asking her out. This notebook is supposed to be for nostalgic purposes.
But I will tell her that I like her, just not now.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Look upon this as an oppurtunity to create a little more mystery, dont put in something 'normal'. Make it different and stand out. Only you can come up with something different, what works for me wont work for you because were different people.

What is it she likes about you? If you know this your golden, just write something that will get her thinking about that particular part of you.

If other guys are chucking their # in then you should do it to, but if not then it will look stupid being the only # in there and people will think you want it really bad and your going for it in a desperate way.

Work hard, Play hard
 

esroim

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Thanks Sammo. That's a really good idea. I don't know if other people are putting their numbers in or not. I'll find out on Tueday.
 

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Originally posted by esroim
Thanks Sammo. That's a really good idea. I don't know if other people are putting their numbers in or not. I'll find out on Tueday.
Im glad you appreciate it, i know that the advice 'choose something that fits your personallity' SUCKS, because you have to actually think ;) , but it is definatelly the best thing to do, there is no one line that suits all. A shoe that fits one pinches another, there is no one size fits all.

That's a valuable lesson.
 

Salacious D

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Strawberry Fields
Draw a picture in the book--a stick figure drawing, with one figure on all fours, the other one standing behind that figure. Mark the figure on all fours "me" and the one behind him "you" and then write "tonight" below with your phone number beneath.

Seriously, don't depend on the writing. I made that mistake once, by exchanging notes instead of talking. You're never going to get anywhere if you don't talk to her, so you might as well start now. Making excuses is just another form of fear "I haven't had a chance yet"--I'm not perfect myself, I do the same thing all the time, even with a girl who probably has a thing for me. Anyway, don't sweat what you write in the notebook--if you're holding her hand while she's giving birth to her fifth kid ten years from now, do you really think the notebook will have mattered that much?
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
It's up to you, but if you like her and want to hang out with her here is what I would write:

Lets hang out together sometime. Give me a call: (123)456-7890
-esroim

who cares if you're the only one who put the # in there, you won't look stupid.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
How about you put that you want to hang out over the summer, but DONT put your name, and when she doesnt know who it is during class and is wondering, you can talk to her then and exchange phone numbers ;) Least then you would have a in to talk to her.
 

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Originally posted by Heizen
How about you put that you want to hang out over the summer, but DONT put your name, and when she doesnt know who it is during class and is wondering, you can talk to her then and exchange phone numbers ;) Least then you would have a in to talk to her.
Wtf? That's like some "secret admirer" thing, if you're going to ask her out using the notebook, tell her it's you. Don't leave her guessing, don't leave a note saying something like "to find out who I am, meet me behind the corner of our school today at 3:00 PM", DONT!
 
Top