Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have at least a couple drinks almost every day.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
@ allbeef

Man, drinking, doing coke, f*cking young girls does not make you go to hell. In fact a criminal that spend most of his life in jail for drug offenses is probably going to heaven. While the real criminals that control us, that start wars, that poison our food, those bastards are going to hell.

Sometimes I get out at night and look in the sky, I say, if there are aliens, please come down and take me with you brothers, I'll go with you without any second thoughts.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
The devil waits for you in that bottle, waiting to drag you into his pit of self-pity, despair, and hopelessness. Never again.
The devil is not in the bottle, it's in your lack of self-control. I will give you props for recognizing your limits and knowing what's bad for you, but not everyone has this problem of yours.

Drinking in moderation actually has health benefits. I never used to drink, but years ago I had a cholesterol problem and my doc recommended a glass of wine a day along with dietary changes. Now I love a nice glass of merlot with my steak, or a nice chardonay with fish. One glass is all I need, there is no compulsion to keep going.

FWIW everyone's chemistry is different and I believe this affects our consumption habits. Personally I cannot stand hard liquor. Gin, rum, whiskey - that's like an instant hangover for me - except tequila.. I can drink several shots and be okay in the morning oddly enough.

As far as courage goes, it's one thing to shun the booze altogether - and another entirely to face your weakness and dominate it completely. I know what its like to be the guy drinking water at the party, but that doesn't mean I am some extremist with a problem who deprives myself and then touts it as a strength.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Logic said:
The devil is not in the bottle, it's in your lack of self-control. I will give you props for recognizing your limits and knowing what's bad for you, but not everyone has this problem of yours.

Drinking in moderation actually has health benefits. I never used to drink, but years ago I had a cholesterol problem and my doc recommended a glass of wine a day along with dietary changes. Now I love a nice glass of merlot with my steak, or a nice chardonay with fish. One glass is all I need, there is no compulsion to keep going.

FWIW everyone's chemistry is different and I believe this affects our consumption habits. Personally I cannot stand hard liquor. Gin, rum, whiskey - that's like an instant hangover for me - except tequila.. I can drink several shots and be okay in the morning oddly enough.

As far as courage goes, it's one thing to shun the booze altogether - and another entirely to face your weakness and dominate it completely. I know what its like to be the guy drinking water at the party, but that doesn't mean I am some extremist with a problem who deprives myself and then touts it as a strength.
Neither one of you are right.

The "devil" is not in the bottle, nor is his problem more times than not self control.

The ability to or to overdrink or be an alcoholic has alot of factors, some are genetic, your life situation, self esteem, how you were brought up to view alcohol, etc.

Someone who drank ALOT as a kid, is going to be alot more prone to have alcoholic tendinces as they grow up. I think my personal saving grace with alcohol is i didn't have a drop until the day I turned 21. While I am a recovering addict, when it comes to alcohol I can truely take it or leave it.

However you take somoene, who has a run of over drinkers/alcoholics in their family, or grew up around a household where, drinking, even getting plastered was normal, you take that person and let them drink too early, too often, and then when they are 25-27-30 years old, have the freaking nerve to tell him, that he doesn't have enough will power, you sir are a freaking idiot.

On other hand, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with alcohol, just like in my instance, there is nothing wrong with coke. LOL, I just can't do it. There is something about my biological makeup that makes me go ape**** for coke when I have that first line. It's not that way for other drugs, especially anything other than stimulants, as is with most people. I know plenty of people who can do coke and that's that. not for me, the party is just getting started. It's not the devil, it's not going to send you to hell for drinking it. That's a very unhealthy way to look at it. Just simpkly know that for whatever the reason may be I have proven that I can not function like a normal person and drink.

Drinking in moderation actually has health benefits.
While true, let's not get it twisted, it's not like people are drinking so they can live longer.

DJ Logic you are extremely ill-informed. I'm not pro alcohol i'm not anti alcohol. I am however pro, not talking out my ass, which you are currently doing.

You have no ****ing clue son. See, yo are talking from the experience of someone who is a pretty normal person. I don't imagine JS is when it comes to alcohol. I imaginge he saw some signs of being a possibly alky and cut ties. You have to understand, after you have a drink, and after he has a drink, two different things are going to happen. You are basing your action to having a drink, and expecting him to do the same and then saying he doesn't have enough will power when he doesn't. Doesn't work like that.

JS, it's not cool to go around being evangelical about not drinking. Even when I didn't drink, i'd go out and just do my thing (even then I'd have like a virgin daiquiri), just to fit in. if someone asks why virigin I simply say becuase that's what the hell I want and that's that. No need to get on the soap box. You made a good choice for you and you nipped something in the ass, tip of the hat, but not everyone has the same reaction to alcohol as you do, and the same I do with coke. I have to understand that if I walk into a house and see people doing lines, they aren't devils' children, they are kicking it. I just can't, and I have to be okay with that

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
allbeef said:
I drink hard liquor, smoke, eat at strip clubs, and deflower nerdy college students. Hell, it is all legal but definitely worthy of a one way ticket to see Satin when I die. I admit that if I had the money I would do one thing different. I would start an expensive Coke habit and sleep on heated bathroom floors of $1,000 a night hotel rooms with two Asian hookers flapping their breasts over me all night long. No touching. Just flapping so that every time I woke up I would see Mamasan's best girls standing over me with their breasts flapping away. We all have our fantasies. Right?

I will let all of you great moralists marry and live sober miserable lives with rotten children that you pretend to care about. Ten years of marriage will make you wish that you needed a liver transplant. Me? My liver and lungs are about five years from imploding. In that time I will deflower a dozen more 18 and 19 year old virgins with those Lisa Loeb glasses and continue to drink myself to sleep at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka9mCmx9Jhs
Go to a nearby college campus. Find the freshman with those nerdy glasses. Mine. All mine.
Big Jimbo/Allbeef, I don't know who you really are, probably some lunatic posting from the Sunny Hills Insane Asylum....but I gotta give it to ya, you do make me chuckle at times.

Carry on.

Oh, my gf said she could line up a couple Asian hookers for you. But I get 20% commish....just sayin'.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@backbreaker, in this case I'd say you are the one making assumptions. I'm no stranger to this, my mom was an alcoholic rest her soul, I know what that's all about.

But without more background info from Julius I can't say whether or not he is a full-on alcoholic too. Taking what he said at face value it looks like he had one bad bender and that was enough. Which is fine, that's his choice and I commend him for making a strong decision. What I can't cosign is the idea that an inert substance is somehow evil, and this choice somehow makes him a "leader".

But this is just semantics right? The real issue here is addressing the OPs problem, or at least deciding if it's a problem to begin with. As someone who has a little drink almost every day I'm inclined to say no, as long as he's not getting drunk or using it to function/sleep/whatever. Some people really do just enjoy the flavor and a mild buzz after a hard day's work. I don't see anything wrong with that.

As far as health benefits go I'm surprised you would even contest that: http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholAndHealth.html

If you are going to call me out on BS, that's cool - but at least use some source aside from your own checkered history.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa, some of you guys have taken the ball and ran it to timbucktu!

I am not, nor have I ever been, an alcoholic. I have been someone who would go drinking once a month, but drink too much and feel horrible the next day. My only problem with drinking is that I just "went with the crowd", ie: everybody drinks, so it's ok for me to do it too. My only real problem with substance abuse has been with pot, as an intellectual music lover pot used to be my favorite pasttime. I still don't put pot on the same level as liqour or hard drugs, but it is a crutch nonetheless, and it was actually hard for me to quit smoking pot.

I quit drinking so that I may edge closer towards self-mastery. I must exceed my level, I must purge weakness from my character, and blindly drinking booze because everyone else is doing it is not leading, it is following.

And drinking and drugs are not just "kicking it", they are means by which people destroy themselves, and prolong their misery, because they are not yet strong enough to face the root of their problems. Drink and drugs are not evil because they wring their hands and plot to conquer the world; they are evil because they are the means by which men enslave themselves to their own weakness.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya see backbreaker? He's not an alcoholic, just a megalomaniac :D

Just kiddin Sieze - truthfully I admire your commitment to self mastery - not many people will do this just to see if they have the will power so props on that.

I still have to disagree with the whole evil bit. Self destruction is within a man - if alcohol or drugs did not exist then trust me he will find some way to ruin his life. Rather than debate endlessly though I think we can agree that what is truly evil is the weakness itself, coupled with the lack of will to do anything to change it. Alcohol is just liquid and a gun is just metal until someone comes along and uses it the wrong way.

Also your assumptions about casual drinkers are way off. I don't drink because it's the thing to do, never was a social drinker. I'm more inclined to have a bottle of wine in my house to enjoy with a good meal, most of the time by myself. If I go out it's water, club sodas or virgin ****tails (boy do I get ribbed for that last one :D) But at the end of the night we'll see who is laughing when I take the fly hottie home that my friends are too drunk to sweep off her feet :cool:

Good discussion though - it's interesting to see how people will color a situation with their own experiences.

U

user43770

backbreaker said:
There is something about my biological makeup that makes me go ape**** for coke when I have that first line.
I believe this is how the majority of coke users would be described. Nobody wants to lose the feeling of invincibility. Helluva drug.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
I believe this is how the majority of coke users could be described. Nobody wants to lose the feeling of invincibility. Helluva drug.
lol, no brah you really don't understand lol. first of all my DOC isn't coke it's crack. The first line, I'd try to convince myself that hey I can do coke. Within 5 minutes I'm looking for some baking soda and a piece of ice lol.
If I could snort coke and not try to rock it up, I'd have no problem with coke. I had no problem with coke per say utnil I tried crack. But now that I have tried it, I can't just do coke. It's just not possible for me. Therefore, I abstain from coke knowing what it will eventually lead to. There is nothing wrong with coke, I just know that it's not something I can do, because I know the consequences of what will come of it.

Lateralus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drinking is part of my identity. I drink every weekend, and sometime I get a whisky or beer in the evening. No problem, but just don't overdo it... that's all. My friends are big drinkers, and used to be big drugs users too.

Drugs is something else, IMO. Even though the effect of a joint isn't any worse than alcohol. But if I would apply for a job, and tell them I drink beer every weekend, that would not be a problem at all.But if I would tell them I use marihuana, or XTC... Then it would be a problem.

U

user43770

backbreaker said:
lol, no brah you really don't understand lol. first of all my DOC isn't coke it's crack. The first line, I'd try to convince myself that hey I can do coke. Within 5 minutes I'm looking for some baking soda and a piece of ice lol.
If I could snort coke and not try to rock it up, I'd have no problem with coke. I had no problem with coke per say utnil I tried crack. But now that I have tried it, I can't just do coke. It's just not possible for me. Therefore, I abstain from coke knowing what it will eventually lead to. There is nothing wrong with coke, I just know that it's not something I can do, because I know the consequences of what will come of it.
Oh, ok. I can respect that.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
lol, no brah you really don't understand lol. first of all my DOC isn't coke it's crack.
I'm gonna start calling you crackbreaker from now on :D

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been the principle creative partner of a major brand of vodka as well as a liquor importing company for almost 10 years now. We have a saying in the industry,..

Martinis are like titties, one's not enough, but three is too many.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster:
Screw drinking, it's terrible. I drink too much and I quit recently also. I just did it for stress relief but I would like to not die from liver failure. Weed needs to be legalized. It's stress relief and doesn't destroy your body.
I agree! Weed saves lives. In fact, there is emerging evidence that weed is an effective 'exit drug' from harder drugs like booze. Alcoholics and drug addicts fare better in treatment and have longer overall sobriety if they are stoners. Weed not only gives a nice buzz but it's neuroprotective, helping to shield brain cells from the damages of drinking and helping to regulate neurotransmitters.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Rogue

Not to mention our bodies are engineered for weed after millennia of consumption. Evolution didn't give our brains cannabinoid receptors for nothing. No such mechanism has evolved for alcohol (unless you think liver disease is a plus)

Another factoid most people don't know, endocannabinoids (a form of THC) are found in BREAST MILK! That's right, when you see an infant get that sleepy, glazed look in his eye after nursing it's because he's HIGH AS F-CK. This not only boosts immune system with antioxidants, it also stimulates baby's appetite

People say weed kills brain cells but they dont mention that the cells it kills are Glieoma cells (CANCER!). Cannabinoids prevent and treat other types of cancer too - skin cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, Lymphoma and Leukemia.

My ex used to be Bipolar and the weed helped her out a LOT. She was impossible when there was no stash. My nephew (who is close to my age), has Asperger's which made him hyper intelligent, but also quite reclusive and weird around people. Weed didn't "cure" him but now he has a normal social life and is a lot happier than he was.

I have personally cured my Arythmia (irregular heartbeat) with weed.

Overall it makes no medical sense to ban this wonderful plant that nature has blessed us with. I love it!

Same principle of moderation applies though - if I smoke too much sometimes I wil get mild bronchitis or my allergies get triggered. If I smoke over a long period of time I lose the ability to dream (or at least remember my dreams) and that's no good because they are a form of therapy for me.

What seems to work best is a one month on, one month off policy. Get the best of both worlds.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to say "you're still young when you're my age blah blah." But then I noticed we're the same age so that won't fly. Look a few drinks a day won't kill you so long as you don't over do it. I don't drink on week days for personal reasons, but I could if I were so inclined. Drinking really catches a bad rep from alot of people because the nature of moderation is lost on so many. I don't drink to escape from my reality or run from my problems. I drink because I appreciate a fine brew or liquor once and a while. The master mixoligist (yes that's a real job title) and I go over whiskey types at least once a week and I don't even work in the beverage department, I just know my sh*t.
Bottom line appreciate alcohol for the effort that went into it. And be smart about your intake and decisions. You're an adult so act accordingly.

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since my dad died last year I have taken up drinking again had not drank since 1986 but drink only red wine but use to be beer.

Never had anyone really close to me die and the emptiness of him not being around sucks.

I like the health benefits when used in moderation but lately I have been going way overboard drinking up to 8 glasses a day sometimes every other day way to much.

Powerlifter