Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have a "serious face all the time look" problem...please help!

sunkist

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been told many times by numerous chick and people that I always look too serious all the time and don't smile very often unless I have a reason to. Despite all this, I am naturally goofy in nature when chicks get to know me and I love to have a laff all the time. But my problem is the fact that I always appear serious to everyone that sees me especially if we have never met before or something like that. Any advice please!!!

IamJosan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice is to practice smiling at everyone. Whenever you see someone randomly on the streets, or wherever you may be, smile and say hello :)

oneboy21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your serious look on your face is a Plus under certain circumstances.
When it comes to chicks you have to smile, practice smiling as the OP said. i prefer to watch some comedy clips online to light my mood up before i go out.
hope this helps

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice that even when I'm not smiling people might smile at me and say hi. I don't really make an effort to smile at people, even at work. I think it makes me come off a bit chumpy.

I also notice that sometimes when I've got my serious face on, and I see a cute girl who can cheer me up in 1 second, it's a good feeling. The girl has to be the one to cheer up the man, and vice versa. So just have your face reflecting your inner state. Be open.

Another time I went into a club because this guy owed me money. I was just done kickboxing and I heard he was in the club, because I had dropped by his house and talked to his dad. Anyway there was adrenaline and anger pumping through my veins, and I remember people all looking at me like: 'whoa'. I saw a hot blonde and said hi to her, and I think she really appreciated that I said hi to her although I was in such a tense 'killer' state of mind.

That 'killer' look will probably do better for you than a smile. Think of Charlie Sheen.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same problem sunkist. It's almost like my face is stuck that way. I find it really hard to smile and when I talk, my mouth hardly moves because it feels frozen. Every now and then I can loosen up and it isn't a problem. It seems to happen the most when I am stressed out or having some anxiety issues. It really gets to be a big problem. I don't look friendly at all.

Black Dog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chamber36 said:
I notice that even when I'm not smiling people might smile at me and say hi. I don't really make an effort to smile at people, even at work. I think it makes me come off a bit chumpy.

I also notice that sometimes when I've got my serious face on, and I see a cute girl who can cheer me up in 1 second, it's a good feeling. The girl has to be the one to cheer up the man, and vice versa. So just have your face reflecting your inner state. Be open.

Another time I went into a club because this guy owed me money. I was just done kickboxing and I heard he was in the club, because I had dropped by his house and talked to his dad. Anyway there was adrenaline and anger pumping through my veins, and I remember people all looking at me like: 'whoa'. I saw a hot blonde and said hi to her, and I think she really appreciated that I said hi to her although I was in such a tense 'killer' state of mind.

That 'killer' look will probably do better for you than a smile. Think of Charlie Sheen.
Wtffffffffffffff?

Let me see if I get this straight:

The girl has to be the one to cheer up the man, and vice versa.
Don't agree at all. If you believe that you need to rely on a girl for a good attitude, there are some underlying problems that stem further than your facial expressions.

Do people really blieve that a scowl--especially the forced ones--are attractive? let's forget about getting girls for a second, and imagine what we'd think if we saw someone forcibly making unhappy looks. Personally I can see usually see through the charade, and I don't have a desire to talk to them because people who excersise forced scowls look stupid to me.

An indifferent face is one thing, but putting in an effort to look tough is so insecure. When I see guys doing that (man I see a lot) I make sure to laugh right in their face. I don't get how you think a scowl is cool? It's the gayest **** ever in my opinion.

Clint Eastwood, James Bond, all the idols you can think of, smiled, from time to time. If you work on your **** and take care of yourself, people will flock to you whether you have a deformed face or not.

Anyway there was adrenaline and anger pumping through my veins, and I remember people all looking at me like: 'whoa'. I saw a hot blonde and said hi to her, and I think she really appreciated that I said hi to her although I was in such a tense 'killer' state of mind.
hahah

latino158

Banned
Reaction score
Black Dog said:
Wtffffffffffffff?

Clint Eastwood, James Bond, all the idols you can think of, smiled, from time to time. If you work on your **** and take care of yourself, people will flock to you whether you have a deformed face or not.

hahah

clint eastwoood has a natural scowl look to his face, is neutral like that, so when you are neutral or serious, u look like that in his case,... some men put on an angrey face to appear tough that completly different

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Black Dog said:
Wtffffffffffffff?

Don't agree at all. If you believe that you need to rely on a girl for a good attitude, there are some underlying problems that stem further than your facial expressions.

Do people really blieve that a scowl--especially the forced ones--are attractive? let's forget about getting girls for a second, and imagine what we'd think if we saw someone forcibly making unhappy looks. Personally I can see usually see through the charade, and I don't have a desire to talk to them because people who excersise forced scowls look stupid to me.

An indifferent face is one thing, but putting in an effort to look tough is so insecure. When I see guys doing that (man I see a lot) I make sure to laugh right in their face. I don't get how you think a scowl is cool? It's the gayest **** ever in my opinion.

hahah

Well I work on my **** and I take care of myself.
I am still workin on my game personally, but I think playing any mind games by acting differently sucks. Anyway today I did walk around basically with a big scowl on my face. I am tense because of school, so my scowl wasn't forced. Anyway i got invited to make out with 2 girls at the same time. Which was alright. I was goddam surrounded by like 8 girls. Didn't really know what to do and I lost them...

Feels good to know that I still got it in me though. Wish I coulda got something in the girl.... Oh well. I am trying out the bad boy - nice guy spectrum. I realised it's best to wear a buttoned long sleeve shirt for sure though for me.

I wish I knew how to get these girls into bed...

I'm going to carry on scowling until I find a girl who is my taste. Because if I act needy it turns off the girls.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Black Dog said:
Wtffffffffffffff?

hahah

Well I work on my **** and I take care of myself.
I am still workin on my game personally, but I think playing any mind games by acting differently sucks. Anyway today I did walk around basically with a big scowl on my face. I am tense because of school, so my scowl wasn't forced. Anyway i got invited to make out with 2 girls at the same time. Which was alright. I was goddam surrounded by like 8 girls. Didn't really know what to do and I lost them...

Feels good to know that I still got it in me though. Wish I coulda got something in the girl.... Oh well. I am trying out the bad boy - nice guy spectrum. I realised it's best to wear a buttoned long sleeve shirt for sure though for me.

I wish I knew how to get these girls into bed...

I'm going to carry on scowling until I find a girl who is my taste. Because if I act needy it turns off the girls.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they were both blondes btw.

CostaDeSol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IamJosan said:
My advice is to practice smiling at everyone. Whenever you see someone randomly on the streets, or wherever you may be, smile and say hello :)

EXACTLY. for me it was a step by step process

first, I got in to the habit of smiling at my family members anytime i would see them. It was kind of a joke.

but pretty soon I started doing it to my coworkers and some of them have told me that I am always smiling.

Then I began smiling at strangers every time I pass them on the sidewalk, in a hallway, or hold the door for them. It became a habit to smile and say "hi" or "hey".

now it feels natural for me to smile to anybody at any time.