"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

I have a question.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Originally posted by LikRetsam
I think back to when Clinton was president and now that Bush is and I'm trying to find how my life changed. Unfortunatly I can not. I don't go to school for political reasons, I goto school for economic reasons. I need to bring money in so that I can pay taxes.
And who collects the taxes? Oh yeah, the government...
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Interpol
And who collects the taxes? Oh yeah, the government...
That's irrelevant. In some other case it may be an argument, but not in the example given.
 

bassdude

New Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Abbotsford, BC.
I agree with you, LikRetSam.

People are being far too incompassing when they produce their arguments. Follow the trail back to the government, eh? Well that's fine, but it doesn't have relevancy to the idea presented in this post.
Your ideas remind me a lot of existentialism, a philosophy produced primarily by Jean-Paul Sartre. Basically: We exist. What we do (or would have done) means nothing after we are dead. We can define ourselves only by our actions and our mistakes. The only control we have is within ourselves, and we must take advantage of our own power to change our lives. This is the only way to make living worthwile.

I relate with your questions, LikRetSam, and I can understand others' difficulty at understanding. It takes a stretch of one's perceptive abilities to see the universe in this way.

Take care.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
235
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
Lik, it's foolish to say that government has no effect on your life. Let's say (hypothetically) that there's a draft. I'd be curious see what you have to say about the government after you come back from war. (Not trying to suggest anything about the current situation) No, government can and will affect your life in a major way whether you ignore it or not.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
You're on to something, but it still needs work. Atleast it's provoked some thoughts.

The point isnt about girls, it isnt about anyone else. It isnt about your taxes, it isnt about the death of millions of people. It's about YOU. How YOU feel when you get back to your place and you're by yourself. That time when you think 'Have I really changed? Well, yeah I have... I guess'

You shouldnt need to ever ask yourself 'Am I happy, Have I changed, Do I want to do this?'. Somewhere along the line you just need to LIVE and not worry yourself over silly matters.

Or atleast, thats my take on it.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Wonderbread166
Lik, it's foolish to say that government has no effect on your life. Let's say (hypothetically) that there's a draft. I'd be curious see what you have to say about the government after you come back from war. (Not trying to suggest anything about the current situation) No, government can and will affect your life in a major way whether you ignore it or not.
By the time I'm able to be drafted (18) I'll be in another country studying. But that's moot. And yes it has a large affect on my life.

This post is about thought. It's about thinking for yourself. Every person that has asked my help has always received some question of this form:
Is poverty bad?
The obvious answer is to scream out yes. But why do you think that? Why do you stand up for that opinion if you don't feel the burning raging desire within you telling you that's what you believe in?

Why do you think about girls all day long if you're not happy doing so? Why is your life dedicated to them even though you don't feel that burning urge to have them!?

People living a dream that is not theirs... That just gets me so angry.

It's time to live life how you see fit.
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Originally posted by LikRetsam

Is poverty bad?
The obvious answer is to scream out yes. But why do you think that? Why do you stand up for that opinion if you don't feel the burning raging desire within you telling you that's what you believe in?
How do you know we don't feel that burning rage and desire within us? You don't. You're guessing. But it's stupid and naive to act like it's impossible for us to truly care.

You're saying the thousands of deaths on 9/11 didn't effect you, and then make the ridiculous assertion that they shouldn't effect us either? What if you knew someone who died that day? What if your closest friend knew someone who died that day? Or what if we just have the capacity to understand the grief and suffering that was inflicted upon our fellow citizens? Do you honestly believe that is only because we have all been brainwashed? If you do, then you've got a lot to learn.


Originally posted by LikRetsam

People living a dream that is not theirs... That just gets me so angry.

It's time to live life how you see fit.
Well, first of all I think this is a cop-out response, but lets pretend this is what you really meant. Thanks for just summarizing the central theme of Fight Club, as if that hasn't been discussed around here enough already.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Interpol
How do you know we don't feel that burning rage and desire within us? You don't. You're guessing. But it's stupid and naive to act like it's impossible for us to truly care.

You're saying the thousands of deaths on 9/11 didn't effect you, and then make the ridiculous assertion that they shouldn't effect us either? What if you knew someone who died that day? What if your closest friend knew someone who died that day? Or what if we just have the capacity to understand the grief and suffering that was inflicted upon our fellow citizens? Do you honestly believe that is only because we have all been brainwashed? If you do, then you've got a lot to learn.
I'm sorry I was not clear on that. I'm not guessing, I'm telling you what I saw from the many conversations I've had with various people.

I noticed a trend. I could say the exact same sentence (which is rather offending) and get the same response from alot of people. And then I would call them on it and they would not know why they reacted that way.

Ofcourse you can care. There is nothing bad about that. Good for you, you are a person this post does not apply to. Others will simply look at the ideas, feel like there may be truth and accept them. Most people look at the bible and accept it. When I look at it, I'm often saying 'wtf? That's not right.' The problem is people don't think. People accept that 9/11 happened and everyone was crying on tv so they should feel bad. They never once asked themselves 'Do I feel bad?'

What I'm picking at isn't that it's being fake to feel bad or show some compassion, it's that a lot of people only do so for the sake of an image. They are defending an opinion that is not theirs because they have never given a thought to what is their opinion.

Originally posted by Interpol
Well, first of all I think this is a cop-out response, but lets pretend this is what you really meant. Thanks for just summarizing the central theme of Fight Club, as if that hasn't been discussed around here enough already.
No, I wasn't at all thinking about Fight Club at the time.

A lot of people are sticking up for a personality, a character, that they themselves do not believe in. It's like being of a certain religion without ever thinking about it. You were told you were going to be [religion here] and you accepted it. Worse... you defend it.

When you try to get these people to think for (honestly) the first time in their lives, you get 'I'm too tired to think'. It's being part of an equation but not taking part in the reaction. You're just 'there'.

The 'you' throughout is not target at you in particular blienk.

But it saddens me that the same person resides within 99% of the people I see.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top