Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have a question.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LikRetsam
I think back to when Clinton was president and now that Bush is and I'm trying to find how my life changed. Unfortunatly I can not. I don't go to school for political reasons, I goto school for economic reasons. I need to bring money in so that I can pay taxes.
And who collects the taxes? Oh yeah, the government...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
And who collects the taxes? Oh yeah, the government...
That's irrelevant. In some other case it may be an argument, but not in the example given.

bassdude

Reaction score
I agree with you, LikRetSam.

People are being far too incompassing when they produce their arguments. Follow the trail back to the government, eh? Well that's fine, but it doesn't have relevancy to the idea presented in this post.
Your ideas remind me a lot of existentialism, a philosophy produced primarily by Jean-Paul Sartre. Basically: We exist. What we do (or would have done) means nothing after we are dead. We can define ourselves only by our actions and our mistakes. The only control we have is within ourselves, and we must take advantage of our own power to change our lives. This is the only way to make living worthwile.

I relate with your questions, LikRetSam, and I can understand others' difficulty at understanding. It takes a stretch of one's perceptive abilities to see the universe in this way.

Take care.

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lik, it's foolish to say that government has no effect on your life. Let's say (hypothetically) that there's a draft. I'd be curious see what you have to say about the government after you come back from war. (Not trying to suggest anything about the current situation) No, government can and will affect your life in a major way whether you ignore it or not.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're on to something, but it still needs work. Atleast it's provoked some thoughts.

The point isnt about girls, it isnt about anyone else. It isnt about your taxes, it isnt about the death of millions of people. It's about YOU. How YOU feel when you get back to your place and you're by yourself. That time when you think 'Have I really changed? Well, yeah I have... I guess'

You shouldnt need to ever ask yourself 'Am I happy, Have I changed, Do I want to do this?'. Somewhere along the line you just need to LIVE and not worry yourself over silly matters.

Or atleast, thats my take on it.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wonderbread166
Lik, it's foolish to say that government has no effect on your life. Let's say (hypothetically) that there's a draft. I'd be curious see what you have to say about the government after you come back from war. (Not trying to suggest anything about the current situation) No, government can and will affect your life in a major way whether you ignore it or not.
By the time I'm able to be drafted (18) I'll be in another country studying. But that's moot. And yes it has a large affect on my life.

This post is about thought. It's about thinking for yourself. Every person that has asked my help has always received some question of this form:
Is poverty bad?
The obvious answer is to scream out yes. But why do you think that? Why do you stand up for that opinion if you don't feel the burning raging desire within you telling you that's what you believe in?

Why do you think about girls all day long if you're not happy doing so? Why is your life dedicated to them even though you don't feel that burning urge to have them!?

People living a dream that is not theirs... That just gets me so angry.

It's time to live life how you see fit.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Is poverty bad?
The obvious answer is to scream out yes. But why do you think that? Why do you stand up for that opinion if you don't feel the burning raging desire within you telling you that's what you believe in?
How do you know we don't feel that burning rage and desire within us? You don't. You're guessing. But it's stupid and naive to act like it's impossible for us to truly care.

You're saying the thousands of deaths on 9/11 didn't effect you, and then make the ridiculous assertion that they shouldn't effect us either? What if you knew someone who died that day? What if your closest friend knew someone who died that day? Or what if we just have the capacity to understand the grief and suffering that was inflicted upon our fellow citizens? Do you honestly believe that is only because we have all been brainwashed? If you do, then you've got a lot to learn.

People living a dream that is not theirs... That just gets me so angry.

It's time to live life how you see fit.
Well, first of all I think this is a cop-out response, but lets pretend this is what you really meant. Thanks for just summarizing the central theme of Fight Club, as if that hasn't been discussed around here enough already.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you know we don't feel that burning rage and desire within us? You don't. You're guessing. But it's stupid and naive to act like it's impossible for us to truly care.

You're saying the thousands of deaths on 9/11 didn't effect you, and then make the ridiculous assertion that they shouldn't effect us either? What if you knew someone who died that day? What if your closest friend knew someone who died that day? Or what if we just have the capacity to understand the grief and suffering that was inflicted upon our fellow citizens? Do you honestly believe that is only because we have all been brainwashed? If you do, then you've got a lot to learn.
I'm sorry I was not clear on that. I'm not guessing, I'm telling you what I saw from the many conversations I've had with various people.

I noticed a trend. I could say the exact same sentence (which is rather offending) and get the same response from alot of people. And then I would call them on it and they would not know why they reacted that way.

Ofcourse you can care. There is nothing bad about that. Good for you, you are a person this post does not apply to. Others will simply look at the ideas, feel like there may be truth and accept them. Most people look at the bible and accept it. When I look at it, I'm often saying 'wtf? That's not right.' The problem is people don't think. People accept that 9/11 happened and everyone was crying on tv so they should feel bad. They never once asked themselves 'Do I feel bad?'

What I'm picking at isn't that it's being fake to feel bad or show some compassion, it's that a lot of people only do so for the sake of an image. They are defending an opinion that is not theirs because they have never given a thought to what is their opinion.

Well, first of all I think this is a cop-out response, but lets pretend this is what you really meant. Thanks for just summarizing the central theme of Fight Club, as if that hasn't been discussed around here enough already.
No, I wasn't at all thinking about Fight Club at the time.

A lot of people are sticking up for a personality, a character, that they themselves do not believe in. It's like being of a certain religion without ever thinking about it. You were told you were going to be [religion here] and you accepted it. Worse... you defend it.

When you try to get these people to think for (honestly) the first time in their lives, you get 'I'm too tired to think'. It's being part of an equation but not taking part in the reaction. You're just 'there'.

The 'you' throughout is not target at you in particular blienk.

But it saddens me that the same person resides within 99% of the people I see.