Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have a problem calling

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really do, and I don't know how to get over it
I have everything covered, my first impressions are always awesome, I can feel it, new women are always excited to meet me, I am funny, tall, confident, educated etc... :p I always get numbers even without asking, and sometimes it goes long enough without contact that hey call me :p

the problem is I never call, I am not used to using the phone, I never used it. most of the women I meet are in my uni, so I see them everyday, so when that is the case I don't call because it seems silly to call someone you saw that day

when the semester is over, it seems silly to call someone after 4 month from getting their number :p

and I don't know what to say. is there a phone tutorial somewhere ?:p

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha are you my twin or something. I am very similar to you lol

Go to University and mostly get girls from there,Tall, make great first impressions, easily get the numbers, have girls get my numbers, they even invite me to hang out, but when it comes to calling the girl i rarely if ever do it. I mostly text and i know that is extra AFC ish.

Eternal87

Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole point of calling a woman is to make some small talk and setup a date.

The phone call should last no longer than 5 minutes.

It's really not that hard.

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal87 said:
The whole point of calling a woman is to make some small talk and setup a date.

The phone call should last no longer than 5 minutes.

It's really not that hard.
knowing the fact that it is about setting up a date is what makes it hard for me
what if she says no, etc...

it is much easier for me to ask a girl out to do stuff when she is in front of me directly
however that is not always an option...

I just...hate phones

46and2aheadofme

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can set up dates without calling i.e. in person than I don't see the problem.

If phone game is something you want to improve on in general:

I used to be the same way....Just like everything else in life it just takes doing it a lot to get comfortable with it. I go to a university as well, I don't see why you think its weird to call a girl just because you see them regularly.

That feeling you get where your heart is racing before you press the call button is something everyone goes through. It's just like approach anxiety where you make up a bunch of excuses in your head as to why you will fail.

To get over this I tend to call when I am in a great mood. Either when its when I'm with my friends laughing and joking around or when I just got back from the gym and I'm feeling ripped.

Just pick up the phone and call. If the interaction doesn't go smoothly you will see how little of a deal it is to call girls. After a while it will be just as easy as running any other type of game.

Man the Fvck Up.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bookman said:
I really do, and I don't know how to get over it
I have everything covered, my first impressions are always awesome, I can feel it, new women are always excited to meet me, I am funny, tall, confident, educated etc... :p I always get numbers even without asking, and sometimes it goes long enough without contact that hey call me :p

the problem is I never call, I am not used to using the phone, I never used it. most of the women I meet are in my uni, so I see them everyday, so when that is the case I don't call because it seems silly to call someone you saw that day

when the semester is over, it seems silly to call someone after 4 month from getting their number :p

and I don't know what to say. is there a phone tutorial somewhere ?:p
i feel similarly. And also if they dont pick up, i dont want it to be like "3 missed calls from omega05"

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to HATE the phone with a passion. Sure, if I had a gf I had no problem talking to her, but calling new girls was dangerous. What do I say, how will I sound, what if she's bored, etc etc etc...

Now, because I finally got my dream job, I have been forced to get acquainted with the telephone. When you're getting started as a financial advisor, you don't have huge sums to throw into advertising and marketing campaigns. You take what the company gives you, you network as best you can, but most importantly, YOU GET ON THAT GD PHONE.

As a side-effect of conquering my distaste for cold-calling, I couldn't imagine sweating calling a girl (I haven't met anyone in awhile, my job takes all my attention and headspace). But I was grappling with the same demons: "People don't want to be bothered, I don't want to hear 'not interested' 200 times a day", etc.

It's like backbreaker sais, just go play ball.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've done in the past is put the woman on speaker-phone and just stand up and approach the phone as if she were right there. Lame, maybe?

But it helped me overcome not LOOKING at the phone and thinking about it as a phone conversation. If I had my hands free and just stood up, it made me think that I was having an actual conversation with her instead of a phone call.

And since I kept the calls under 10 minutes long, it helped out a lot.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bookman said:
knowing the fact that it is about setting up a date is what makes it hard for me
what if she says no, etc...
then you dont desrve women if your still scared of rejection!

it is much easier for me to ask a girl out to do stuff when she is in front of me directly
however that is not always an option...

I just...hate phones
how is a phone worse than in-person?

----------------

im also not very fond of phones...but its something you gotta just do!

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling the chic the first time-primary object is to make the date. Seconday objective is to build trust, rapport, connection.

Follow up calls are for time,location, re-enforcing the anchor, gravitating towards a realtionship.

So how do u do that..........well depending on HOW you extracted the number (online, in person, in a club or durring the day) Several differnt openers to use.

ONLINE DIGIT EXTRACTIONS-i like to incorporate a lil nic name, tease her about her profile, something she said, etc in an online converation. HEY MAN HATER, HELLO BARBIE WANNABE.........something U can use as a recall tactic.

TEXT-if its her cell #-send a quick tease........hey stop screening your calls and pick up. Most women rarely answer unknown callers but they all read the text messages.

INFIELD EXTRACTIONS-send a text, assume its them answering and do some light banter then say the reason I am calling is.........wanting a token date with you, which day works best friday or saturday, etc, etc.

VOICEMAIL-yup better be prepared almost 50% let their phone goto voicemail. So have a plan on what u want to convey..........THIS IS WHERE HUMOR IS INJECTED, FORGET HEY ITS JIMBO 555-1212 CALL ME BACK...........that rarely cuts it, instead give 'em a reason to call U back.

HERES A FEW.........FROM MY BOOK.........

-Hello, it’s me……..I am looking for my future ex-wife, are you screening your calls already? Well the reason I am calling is for our token first date, you know so we can see if there is any chemistry……..then we can head to Vegas, but I gotta see if you are beautiful on the inside as well first. I will call you at 7:30 later tonight, is first class ok.

-Oh my Gosh, Jules you will never guess who I had lunch with today………..hint he went to school with you in 3rd grade, call me back.

-Well I forgot to ask you something very important, this is Maurice, call me back at (insert her number) or at my work tomorrow at 555-1212. It has to do with your …………..click (hang up).

-Congratulations you just won a bazillion dollars for being the cutest girl on the Net, now U gotta call back so we can get the correct spelling of your name and we will quickly send your check out to you. This is a time sensitive offer and expires really really soon. To collect your 1 bazillion dollars call 555-1212…….your representative (your name) will be standing by.

-Hey Cheryl, this is your future ex-boyfriend…….It’s extremely UNIMPORTANT that you call back right away.

-Sexy Suzie, this is MJ…..first let me compliment you on how you tried hitting on me recently. That took a lots of guts, and is very unusual for a lady to do………fortunately for you I adore assertive women You got me mildly interested so call me back and we can talk about flirting 101.

u CAN MAKE YOUR OWN UP BUT U GET THE IDEA.

Now if she calls back and U are away from your phone U gotta have a cool interesting outgoing voice message so that she will want to leave a message........
 HAVING A CLEVER/INTERESTING VOICEMAIL ANNOUNCEMENT CAN INCREASE YOUR CALL-BACKS.

 BE SURE TO MAKE IT CLEAR, CONCISE, AND FUNNY, NOT TOO SERIOUS.

 SAYING “you reached 555-1212, leave a message….” Does virtually nothing for the person calling, they may even opt out to not leave a number/message at all.

 Speak slow (not rushed) smoothly and in a great tone (smile as you speak).

 Listen to it yourself and adjust accordingly (not all messages will appeal to all.

 Be sure to change when career searching

 Remind the caller of who they’re calling to avoid wrong numbers, to leave their info & best time to reach them.

OK WHAT ABOUT IF SHE IS SCREENIGN HER CALLS............ah good question

Just because you get their voicemail doesn’t always mean they are screening their calls. If they turn off their cell phones, it usually goes right to voicemail……again there are a slew of legitimate reasons why people are unavailable at any given moment, so don’t jump to conclusions. See thats where the text first comes into play.......U can also email or IM her to answer her phone.

Hope this helps