Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I hate (*&)&*#$ planes

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have people convinced I am the bravest thing next to Humphrey Bogart.
Fear...? Not I!

I seriously have no phobias or inclinations towards cowardice, except

***phucking flying!

I'm taking a plane trip this week, and guess what? I'm a wreck. I have self medicated to the point of liver damage :kick:

When it come to getting my ass in a plane, I turn into a 5 yr old crybaby little boy calling for his mommy.

Damn it all! Anyone hate flying like me?

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried watching one of Samuel L. Jackson's more recent movies?

I find it calms me in my fears.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNewGuy said:
Have you tried watching one of Samuel L. Jackson's more recent movies?

I find it calms me in my fears.

LOL I gues "United 93" is not on the playlist, is it?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate flying too, especially over water, because i cant swim.
just the thought of rolling on land after a crash is more pleasant than a thought of surviving a crash and then drowning.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i hate flying too, especially over water, because i cant swim.
just the thought of rolling on land after a crash is more pleasant than a thought of surviving a crash and then drowning.
Hate to bust your bubble, but a plane hitting the water at 600mph has the same effect as hitting land at 600mph. You don't have to worry about not being able to swin, you'll be dead on impact.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just watch the last X Men movie.. it puts me to sleep like a baby

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i love flying. nothign like getting up to speed and watching the plane take off.. nothing like the feeling up in the air.. nothing like landing. nothing like long legged helpy people (whatever they are called)

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you made it to step #1 on dealing with it? That's the step where you recognize that the data shows that driving around in a car everyday is far more dangerous statistically than travelling in a commercial airline. Further, there is no question that anywhere that you can fly commercially from point a to point b is safer than driving a car there; even if you're the one that's driving and you've never had an accident.

Most phobias are illogical. This one is probably more illogical than most.

That being said, I have a mild phobia of flying and stronger phobia of heights. I get a little tense in the plane and usually have sweaty palms on takeoff and landing. But that's about it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Hate to bust your bubble, but a plane hitting the water at 600mph has the same effect as hitting land at 600mph. You don't have to worry about not being able to swin, you'll be dead on impact.
i know dude, but it makes my gut feel worse over water, because, what if i did survive a crash landing, but then was left to drown?

the_law

Don Juan
Reaction score
The statistics should be more than enough to relax you! Up in the air the drivers are all professionals. I'd be more inclined to have a phobia of being a passenger in a car. Is it possible its because your really out of control over whats going on? Try some flight simulation games maybe :p

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the luggage handlers rummaging through my **** than the plane mysteriously falling out of the sky over water.

Hey penkitten, the odds of crashing or anything bad happening over water is significantly less than over land... The atmosphere is less turbulent, and there are no flight restrictions so if the capt sees a storm cloud, he can do whatever is best, rather than what flightpaths and regulations say.

The only time I've been scared on a plane is when it touched down on only one back wheel and started wobbling.

---

A girl I used to date is a flight attendant and travels all over the world.

Go read a book on Fear of Flying, and start rationalizing this unrational fear.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
insidious said:
I'm taking a plane trip this week, and guess what? I'm a wreck. I have self medicated to the point of liver damage :kick:
Insidious,

How did you do on the flight?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i know dude, but it makes my gut feel worse over water, because, what if i did survive a crash landing, but then was left to drown?
then you would be a dead motherfvcker, duh

however what's the odds? if I die flying in a plane.. **** it. I'm gone. I've had fun.

Reaction score
penkitten said:
Hahaha, what if you survive the plane crash and have a flotation device so you don't drown, and after feeling that you have a slight chance of survival, a shark eats you! :(

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Xanax or Valium. Take your pick.

Or just suck it up and quit being such a baby!!

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
More likely to die a horrible death on the way to the airport anyway. Don't worry. Grab your balls and get on the damned plane!!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you land in the water and sit there and watch your legs break off your body... while great white sharks sit there and eat the legs and you floating, knowing death is only mintues away

then... a shark ites your pinkie off.. and one by one.. each finger gets takien off, then one shark says **** it and bits your stomach and they start to eat you alive

then at that very moment the rescue team comes into site, you are saved!!!!

only then for them to run out of gas 200 feet from you and they hvae to watch you die a slow.. painful...death

lol, hope you feel better about your flight!!!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Hahaha, what if you survive the plane crash and have a flotation device so you don't drown, and after feeling that you have a slight chance of survival, a shark eats you! :(
last i checked there were no sharks on land lms!!
thats another reason flying over land is better.
drowning is the first fear, eaten by sharks is the close second!!