Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I hate corporate politics

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Title says it all. Long week for me and dealing with this corporate politics bull**** is driving me insane. I grew up literally fighting for what i believed in and standing up for what i believe in (always tried to do what i believed was right and fair). Teachers (the ones who used to treat the students with bad reps like trash), bullies, etc. I've been lucky to not have been in a situation where it's threatened my life. So the game of life was okay for me. I was used to being alone at times and happy.

I was not the most diplomatic child growing up. I am actually very accustomed to getting my point across through confrontation (only when i feel disrespected). When you tell people to fvck off because they made some racist joke or though they could pick on you and they realize you're about to level them even at the cost of a suspension or getting injured, most people back off and are cautious going forward. I wasn't a bully but people knew not to bother me. So you would think i fit the loner category as i set myself up for that but i'm also a very nice guy that's friendly and a social butterfly at times. Very black and white.

So now i'm in sales. I talk to clients and meet with them all the time. My department is known to have people with strong personalities. Some people are very good with diplomacy. Work culture just like in life has it's groups/gangs. People dislike each other and some people try to stay out of it. Some people are outcasts. I am apart of the majority good group but i voice my opinion more than most as i don't care if people dislike me. But some people along with ignoring you and making it difficult for you to work with them, they will be condescending in their tone of voice as well. Very disrespectful in my opinion and it sucks. If it's a loner being condescending to you, that's manageable as i have no problem telling the guy to go fvck himself and i won't respond until he re-words his emails but when you have small groups working together to fvck with you, that sh1t just gets annoying. I never do this kind of stuff to them, as i voice my opinions and try to be fair and respectful. These people will get angry if i ask them to stop talking over my shoulder when i'm on a client call and hold it against me and then do everything in their power to make my life miserable.

I've been threatened by bullies as a kid, and some kid even told me he'd get a group of guys to jump me. I found this kid alone one day and threw him against a locker and asked him to repeat what he said about jumping me. He just sh1t his pants and gave me dirty looks and never bothered me again. If i do that today, i'll get fired and go to jail. Just a rant about corporate politics. Management is always reluctant to do anything about corporate politics until it becomes out of hand but unfortunately no one does anything about this.

No one really likes these guys but their so loud and obnoxious they just ignore them. I normally do too, but this is one of those days.

Just venting and i'm sure many of you guys deal with this as well.

U

user43770

I feel for ya, bud. I hate it when guys act like women, gossiping and acting like everything is a popularity contest.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, just a little venting. Most of the time, i kill these people with kindness and just brush off their act as them just being oblivious to how they make people feel but there are some people that are inherently bad people and will screw you over the chance they get. They obey the law only because they will be punished if they don't and if there weren't any laws, they' probably be screwing tons of people over.

There is this one girl who every hates, she steals other team members leads, brown noses, yells and screams all the time whenever she never gets her way, gets in your face, but since its hard to fire someone at our company and we work with her on a daily basis, we try to find ways to work with her. I won a few competitions in the past and she went ballistic saying i was cheating.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why it would be extremely difficult for me to thrive in an office setting. As males we naturally find a pecking order by physicallity, leadership, action, knowledge, what have you. Office politics seem entirely geared for women...how inappropriate it would be for you to slam a dude against a wall just to set him right....but yet , really, how appropriate too. We are handcuffed in that world and forced to play the game , a woman's game.

I envy you on one hand that you don't break your back for work but pity you on the other because you can't express your total maleness without making waves.

Hope you work it out.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reminds me of the game of thrones where the good guys die and the smart and bad people win.

I try to think of myself as a good person and i HATE playing these games. If i don't like you, i'd prefer to tell you to your face than behind your back. I'd also rather join a losing side due to loyalty than join the winning side and betray somebody. Sadly, my attitude has gotten me passed over for promotion.

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol yes. As I was reading your post, I am surprised how much we are alike.

Corporate politics and culture is born of the people. It's not really something you can get away with really. If you change the people, you will get a different culture and politics.

Some people treat their office like their life and blood. They have to know what's going on inside and out, and they play politics as if their life dependent on it. Well, their life is dependent on the job, but not the politics. Maybe they can't tell the difference.

Working in a big co makes me realize how unfit I am to the corporate culture. I get myself into doing things, and I achieve, and that's always been how I run my life. I don't jump through people's imaginary hoops of validation. I set my own goals, and I jump through my own hoops.

Politics makes the whole company moves backward, and do the wrong things. Imagine if you have to work in the White House or Capitol Hill.