Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I had my first club experience!

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had my first club experience tonight... and it was awesome!

I kept up with good dancers in high school, but I'm fresh out of high school and these girls dance so freaky I don't even know what to do with them? I'm not bad in general but get kinda intimidated when theyre on the floor and stuff.. I got "broken off" a couple times and i definitely didnt like that... any tips?

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont do clubs. Cant get good convo going with a girl because you cant hear her. Plus i cant dance for ****!

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get wasted first, and have a great time. Best advice I can give you.

tigre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try not to get too trashed and do embarassing stuff on the club, like vomiting on the dance floor ,whatever. next time you wanna go in the bouncers wont let you inside, cause they know youre too stupid, hahah my friend got banned from this club for vomiting on top of a couch and trying to pick up fights with everyone.

iCY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tomatoes
I dont do clubs. Cant get good convo going with a girl because you cant hear her. Plus i cant dance for ****!
theres reasons for going places other than chicks lol

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
The "Lounge" type places are much better than dance clubs.

BTW, where/what club did you go to in the Bay Area?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek Flint
The "Lounge" type places are much better than dance clubs.

BTW, where/what club did you go to in the Bay Area?
The Boondocks, it's off Cesar Chavez exit off Highway 101 near downtown San Francisco.

How can I improve to be able to dance with these girls?

Naapimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girls won't dance for very long with anyone, and some girls won't dance with anyone. It depends on the girls a lot. If you can make dancing with you fun for her that helps.

For getting better at dancing I rec DLing some music videos of usher and the like. It should start with the body, your cheast hips and stomach, get good at moving those to the beat with nice flow and style and the limbs should follow from that.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
The Boondocks, it's off Cesar Chavez exit off Highway 101 near downtown San Francisco.

How can I improve to be able to dance with these girls?
Dance clubs are not the best way to go.

I did a write up a while back about why the "Lounge" type places are much better.

I'll post it after I do a search for it.

I'm not familiar with Boondocks, but you may have seen me post about places in The Marina and North Beach before.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here it is:

I rarely go to dance clubs anymore.

Instead, I go to the "Lounge" type places for several reasons:

1) Most of these places don't have dance floors, although they do have ambient background music.
The women that go to these places are there to meet guys, not to dance.

2) The music is more for atmosphere at Lounges and is not ear-splitting loud. It makes it 1000% easier to talk to women and run your game.

When you're at a dance club and you're trying to talk to women, you have to lean in so close to hear/be heard that you can't hold eye contact during conversation or read body language and almost have to yell to communicate.

You say something, and she says "what?" - you repeat yourself, this time louder and she still can't hear you.
Eventually she does, but then you're the one saying "what?" to her reply, and on and on, back and forth.
Very frustrating and a waste of time.

And for you students of SS, it makes it impossible to use patterns (shifting tonality and such) in a loud atmosphere and to read body language.

David DeAngelo often talks about how communication is mostly body language, eye-contact and tone of voice.

Not to mention, most of these places get really crowded to the point where you have to fight your way thru the crowd and wait forever to get a drink or use the bathroom.

And it can get hot and sweaty in those places due to the large crowd. No thanks.

3) Dance clubs are often populated with groups of women who are just out for a night of dancing with the girls and nothing more. They enjoy the attention from all the AFC's buying them drinks just so they can dance with them.
Again, the Lounge going women are pretty much there strictly to meet guys.

4) Dance clubs usually have some cover charge of anywhere from $10.00 to $40.00, as well as a long wait to get in.
If after you wait in line for an hour and drop a fair amount of coin to get in and you don't like the scenery, too bad.

Besides, I've got better things to do with my Weekend night(s) out than to stand in line for an hour while watching all the people on the VIP list waltz right in, only to find a Sausage fest upon entry.

5) If you're not a good dancer, you might not do that well at dance clubs. The alternative is to take the time to learn to dance well.
The problem with that is that it's time - consuming and only helps your game in one environment.

That's time and effort you could be using to hone your DJ skills.
Skills that will help you PU in any environment, not just dance clubs. (Personally, I think dancing is somewhat AFC, but that's a different subject)

In my opinion, the Lounge scene is a better bet than the Dance Club scene when it comes to meeting and picking up women.

I usually go to an area of San Francisco (Known as "The Triangle") where there are about 12 upscale pubs/lounges/bar-restaurants within a quarter-mile radius.

You should see how packed the streets get in this area on a weekend night.
It's almost like one big street party and sometimes there is more action outside than inside.
No cover charge or wait to get into most of these places either.
And Tourist Season is awesome - women from all over the world, and they're not there to dance.

I've found that the Dance Club scene is full of teases, time-wasters, gold-diggers and attention *****s.

Besides, I when I go out, I go out to meet and PU women, not to dance.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
Get wasted first, and have a great time. Best advice I can give you.
Yea this is the best advice... Just dont get ****faced, make sure your still ok.

What we usually do is meet up at a friends house and pick designated drivers (usually girls) and we pregame.

When you get to the club, do not be shy at all. Be very confident and just walk up to a girl and start dancing/grinding her. If she doesnt want that, she will let you know. Its even better when you are with a few friends and you go up to groups of girls. The key is not to be shy and go for what you want, girls like that.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
I had my first club experience tonight... and it was awesome!
Everybody except tomatoes had something good to add to this thread, so screw giving you advice... just a question though, for my thoughts...

You've been on this site for like 3 years, correct me if I am mistaken, I read some good threads, that have you posting, Lorenzo I believe.

You dance in high school, where you had social proof. Now you go to a club, and you are afraid of people.

What bothers you about not being the perfect dancer?

Naapimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that the Dance Club scene is full of teases, time-wasters, gold-diggers and attention *****s.
Pretty much, there can be some nice girls there though that like ask you swing dance with them but they're usually not too hot. If your not there to have fun dancing you should't be there.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iCY
theres reasons for going places other than chicks lol
I dont understand? No there is not :D

Im not a fan of dancing. I only go to town for the ladies. (Not a big drinker)

Dont recommend getting lathered out your head if your on the pull. You will dance like your dad.

gimmeyofonenumba

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clubbing gets addictive. I went like 6 weekends in a row, I started blowing money on new clothes,etc. My take on it is so-so: Some women there are horny and are there to MEET guys,you could probably approach and make success. The other 99% of um are just there to be sexy, and make men marvel out them, they arent going home with anyone, they are leaving with their group AND THATS FINAL. Since women are treated like godesses at clubs they think no one is worthy of them. I came to the conclusion that you go to clubs for the music/cool atmosphere and women are just a side thing, not your main intent. Once your their having a good time, and not worrying about "picking up" the oppurtunity will create itself.