Ever onward
Master Don Juan
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2004
- Messages
- 968
- Reaction score
- 3
Okay here is the background, I'm 27, she's 22, We met on the internet and we met in person for the first time last night. She had some pics on the internet, I thought she was fairly hot, I didn't have any pics so she didn't know what I look like until she met me last night. We both live in the same city by the way.
We have been talking on the phone on and off for about a week but we hadn't been able to arrange for a meeting until last night. She calls me up and tells me to come over to her friends house to "say hello" and "break the ice". So I go over there and meet her and her two friends. The whole time I'm a complete nervous wreck and I act like a dork. The three of them were mostly talking to each other with me just kind of standing there like a fool. The girl I'm interested in barely talked to me and made limited eye contact. She did invite me to a party at her friends house tonight and I told her I couldn't go because I work. So after awhile I got tired of standing there and being left out of the conversation so I try to make a graceful exit and say "well I better take off, nice meeting you ladies". I was hoping she would walk me to the car and talk to me a bit but she just said "I'll email you". I smiled at her like "yeah right" and said good bye.
I'm pretty sure she isn't going to contact me again but if she does, what do I say? What if she calls me after a few days and says "why haven't u called me?" Should I tell her I didn't feel like we hit it off even though I thought she was attractive and would date her. Should I just say "Next" and forget about her?
Overall I feel good about the experience. I feel like I gained some more practice as far as interacting with women and maybe someday I won't have an anxiety attack when i meet someone new. Hey it's one rejection closer to a yes right?
We have been talking on the phone on and off for about a week but we hadn't been able to arrange for a meeting until last night. She calls me up and tells me to come over to her friends house to "say hello" and "break the ice". So I go over there and meet her and her two friends. The whole time I'm a complete nervous wreck and I act like a dork. The three of them were mostly talking to each other with me just kind of standing there like a fool. The girl I'm interested in barely talked to me and made limited eye contact. She did invite me to a party at her friends house tonight and I told her I couldn't go because I work. So after awhile I got tired of standing there and being left out of the conversation so I try to make a graceful exit and say "well I better take off, nice meeting you ladies". I was hoping she would walk me to the car and talk to me a bit but she just said "I'll email you". I smiled at her like "yeah right" and said good bye.
I'm pretty sure she isn't going to contact me again but if she does, what do I say? What if she calls me after a few days and says "why haven't u called me?" Should I tell her I didn't feel like we hit it off even though I thought she was attractive and would date her. Should I just say "Next" and forget about her?
Overall I feel good about the experience. I feel like I gained some more practice as far as interacting with women and maybe someday I won't have an anxiety attack when i meet someone new. Hey it's one rejection closer to a yes right?