I get girls numbers.....but

MANG

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok so here goes. Towards the end of the night I get girls numbers. This is when I call them it doesnt go too good because they initially don't remeber who I am. I usually get the numbers towards the end of the night.
Anyway, tonight I got a girls number and text her 30 min after the bar closed. She texted me back "who is this". I texted her "the guy who you gave the number to"
anyway, what shall i do with this girl.
What tips or what I'm I doing wrong
thanks in advance

K2000kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I second that
a text message can be replied to whenever she gets around to it
but the phone call has to be dealt with on the spot, if she's into you or not you'll know pretty much right away

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exchange numbers. Get her number then CALL HER PHONE! I hate trying to explaing to girls who i am as if they have ADD and pay no damn attention. Texting is fine if you do it the right way. When i was up at school i would get girls numbers at parties on the weekend and text them during the week while i was in class. Yall need not be so rigid in your approach to this sh*t.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
um yea. I don't really get the difference between calling and texting if the girl doesn't know WHO THE FVCK YOU ARE. For regular chicks, you need to get better rapport with the girl so that she remembers who you are (the guy she talked about _____ with) and wants you to call.

OTOH, if as you say, you are hitting on the drunk chick when the bar is shutting down, DON'T LET HER OUT OF YOUR SITE. She is drunk, she probably doesn't even remember where she lives yet you want her to remember one of the likely many guys that tried to capitalize on her inebriation?

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mandiblard said:
Girls text, men call
Best advice I've seen in a while on here.

Also, if you're getting these chicks' numbers at the end of the night at a bar, a lot of them will probably be too hammered to remember the next day anyway.

I don't call chicks whose #'s I get in bars anymore. When I meet a chick in a bar or a club, my mindset is either get laid that night or don't follow up with them.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
oakraiderz2 said:
Exchange numbers. Get her number then CALL HER PHONE! I hate trying to explaing to girls who i am as if they have ADD and pay no damn attention. Texting is fine if you do it the right way. When i was up at school i would get girls numbers at parties on the weekend and text them during the week while i was in class. Yall need not be so rigid in your approach to this sh*t.
EXACTLY!!!

Do something to make the girl remember you!

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MANG said:
ok so here goes. Towards the end of the night I get girls numbers. This is when I call them it doesnt go too good because they initially don't remeber who I am. I usually get the numbers towards the end of the night.
Tell a story. Tell a memorable joke. Tell her a personal story about you. Get her interested in YOU.

MANG said:
Anyway, tonight I got a girls number and text her 30 min after the bar closed.
Watch the movie "Swingers". There is a part in this movie that pertains to you.

MANG said:
She texted me back "who is this". I texted her "the guy who you gave the number to"
Was the text personal? Did you say "Hi laura,this is MANG. I had fun at the bar with you tonight. I'll call you later in the week so we can meet up again". Probably not.

MANG said:
Call her? Text her and say that you will meet her at the bar again? Either pursue or dump. What do YOU want to do?

MANG said:
What tips or what I'm I doing wrong
thanks in advance
Watch "Swingers" then watch "The Tao of Steve" then watch "Fight Club" and then come back and tell us what you did wrong.

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MANG said:
Anyway, tonight I got a girls number and text her 30 min after the bar closed. She texted me back "who is this". I texted her "the guy who you gave the number to"
Ponder:
Why'd she give you her number in the first place? Is she interested or did she just want to get rid of you?
Looks to me like you didn't distinguish yourself from the other guys she gave her number to.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't resist...

Swingers said:
"Hi, Nikki. This is Mike. I met you tonight at the Dresden. I, uh, just called to say I, uh, I'm really glad we met and you should give me a call. So call me tomorrow, or , like, in two days, whatever. My number is 213-555-4679..."

(beep)
(dials again)

"Hi, Nikki. This is Mike, again. I just called because it sounded like your machine might've cut me off before I gave you my number, and also to say sorry for calling so late, but you were still there when I left the Dresden, so I knew I'd get your machine. Anyway, my number is..."

(beep)
(dials again)

"213-555-4679. That's all. I just wanted to leave my number. I don't want you to think I'm weird, or desperate or something... I mean, you know, we should just hang out. That's it. No expectations. Just, you know, hang out. Bye."

(beep)
(dials again)

"I just got out of a six-year relationship. Okay? That should help to explain why I'm acting so weird. It's not you. It's me. I just wanted to say that. Sorry. This is Mike."

(beep)
(dials again)

"Hi, Nikki. This is Mike again. Could you just call me when you get in? I'll be up for awhile, and I'd just rather talk to you in person instead of trying to squeeze it all..."

(beep)
(dials again)

"Hi, Nikki. Mike. I don't think this is working out. I think you're great, but maybe we should just take some time off from each other. It's not you, really. It's me. It's only been six months..."

Szyzzlin

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you game the b*tch right she will be waiting by her phone thinking of you, by the time you call her.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But never assume she isn't spinning a few plates of her own too. Which should motivate you to talk to more than just one girl at a time and play the numbers game, so just keep getting the numbers, you'll get it right from experience. Juggling one ball is just playing catch with yourself.