I fvcking hate studying, nerds plz help

BingoBango

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alrighty peeps,

I know there's a lot of nerds here, and i mean that respectfully.
So i think this is a good place to ask for help regarding studying.

I'm currently studying at university and i find it FVCKING SO DIFFICULT to study. It has ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS for me (i'm 22 now).

Like, u kno how u get some confidence with something when u do it successfully a few times... well.. with me and studying... it's like i never have that confidence. It's as if it's a lottery - am i gonna study this time, or fvck it up and scrape passes/fail?

I'm getting good with girls. This community is helping me SOOOO much with my game. I now have complete confidence regarding my ability to attract women. So my social life is good, my job is good, gym is good, my car is good, my family is cool, everryyyyyyyything is AWESOME... EXCEPT THIS!!!

I procrastinate whole fvcking days away. SEriously, i set aside a day to study, then waste almost the entire day.

This lack of confidence/control is making me feel like sh!t, which explains this rambling post.

If anyone can offer some advice, i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BingoBango said:
I procrastinate whole fvcking days away. SEriously, i set aside a day to study, then waste almost the entire day.

Cheers.
welcome to the club

i major in biology, so the 2 hours of actual-studying i do before most tests usually manages to get me through My GPA is 3.3, too!

I suppose it depends on your major and how difficult ur prof's are. I haven't found a way to deal with my studying problem, other than to avoid classes that I hate because I never study for those.

you might find this site helpful
http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/index.jsp

BingoBango

Don Juan
Reaction score
ahah cheers guys.

I think it may be an anxiety thing, like being scared of failure or some sh!t like that. I dont think it's simply a case of not liking what ur studying.

I think the solution is to have some fvcking balls, realise it's not that big a deal, and fvcking do it.

I'll try studying with that in mind, i'll let u peeps kno how i go.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is all just bull****.

Procrastination means nothing other than that your a lazy fool, just get off of your ass and study. Its not like its a complicated problem.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey im the same , and i will admit i am a little too lazy , but also the subject i usually read is sooo effing boring that i dont really want to read it , but the thing with the subject eing boring , is that if its boring you have to read it many times toto push the info into your brain , while itf its something interesting youl eat it up the first try ....

i remember i had an exam in religion i had the whole book to read so eventually i waited til the day of the actual exam to start reading the book , (cuz i was lazy , adn rather wanted to go out and hang out with friends then read ) , but the subject was interesting and i read the whole book 3 hours before the exam , and i got an b+ ...

but yeah i need to learn a better way to learn uninteresting subjects like when writers died and such boring ****....

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, proscartination means you wiiiiiill do it laaaaater.

I read an article once that explained that the way we do it is select which task we want to do LESS, and then do something else, anything instead of that one. So if i have to study for a test or clean my room, ill clean my room

So may be the goal is to use that efficiently and think of a task thats even worse than the task you dont want to do. Instead of studying, think GETTING A BETTER job! and start studying.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh yeah who's like me - start reading a book and just completely get lost of don't undestand what you read after 5 minutes? My mind drifts the fukk out of the window and have to literally read the same sentences twice. Doesnt happen when I read Tucker max...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fwiw for the different perspective, law students average at least a couple hours of studying per day during the semester, and 8-12 hrs/day during the 2-3 weeks around final exams. Part of what makes lawyers such *******s is that they all had to put up with three years of this academic hazing as well as the bar exam, which involves about two months of 8-12 hour days in preparation. I got almost straight A's in undergrad with virtually no effort, and now I have to work more than I ever have before to maintain a C- average.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. Wait till you get to anatomy and have to memorize every ligament, tendon and muscle in a body.

Its funny, lawyers doing all this studying, spending all this money, only a tiny percantage make good money, the rest live jaded lives. Careful what you choose my friend.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I am finishing law school in the spring. And yes, most lawyers are miserable. Hopefully, I can find something other than the standard ambulance-chasing.

Med students have to study about as much as law students, but at least they are used to it, coming from science backgrounds. A lot of law students are liberal arts majors and never had to study at all. Also, law schools tend to flunk out people, whereas it's much more rare to flunk out of med school.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some Tips:

- Don't study at home there are too many distractions. Go find a nice quiet Coffee shop (don't go to a noisy packed coffee shop or one that is frequent by hot b1tches). When its just you and your books with no distractions other then coffee you will be fine.

- Every hour of study, reward yourself with a 10 mins break and do something you like or eat a snack that you will enjoy.

- Try to study every day a bit. Set a time table and the amount you want to study and follow it through.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
fwiw for the different perspective, law students average at least a couple hours of studying per day during the semester, and 8-12 hrs/day during the 2-3 weeks around final exams. Part of what makes lawyers such *******s is that they all had to put up with three years of this academic hazing as well as the bar exam, which involves about two months of 8-12 hour days in preparation. I got almost straight A's in undergrad with virtually no effort, and now I have to work more than I ever have before to maintain a C- average.
shiaaaaaaat

That's not much studying compared to around here. First years around here are expected to study from 8am till 4pm 5 days a week, and thats considered to be a bare minimum.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp said:
I want to study medicine in the future, do you think it'll be the same amount of studying as law students?
i was originally interested in med school myself. Then I found out how difficult the required physics and chemistry courses were, just to get C's in them when I really need A's. Plus you need to have a substantial amount of extracurricular activity and get to know your professors really well so they can write you good letters of recommendation. Basically you have to jump through 10 flaming hoops in a single bound. I decided it wasn't worth it.

BingoBango

Don Juan
Reaction score
Phoenix ur completely right man.
This thread is stupid, because the problem is stupid.

I'll just fvcking do it and see how i go. The bullsh!t ends now.

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mate, everybody hates studying

i'm perfectly happy with cramming the week off before exams and scrapping

that way i have heaps of fun during semester and only 4 weeks of pain a year

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The trick is to actually be interasted in what your sudying.

I never studed. I always payed attention in class and tryed to be involved, because that's they only way i could get interasted in the subject......sitting alone inside on a nice day was never my thing.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ I can see that you never 'studed'.

The trick when it comes to studying is to look at it as a full time job. When you are at college/university your JOB is to study. Studying should be your overall objective. End of story.

This is something I realized today. I always looked at school as something secondary for my social life. You know, put in x hours and then party. But that is wrong.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. I rarely, if ever study. I do well on tests however. My grades suck when classes have a large amount of homework because I 'procrastinate'. It's all on me. It's not that I just CAN'T. It's that I dont take the effort to DO it.

Start by writing stuff down. Leave it somewhere where you will see it. It'll remind you what to do. Nobody can FORCE you to study. It's all up to you.

BingoBango

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a note to myself, it's like the words carry more weight when posted online. U may recognise this from david d.

I am GOING to do this. I am GOING to do this. I'm gonna do whatever it takes to do this. This is my definite major purpose. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen. I HAVE TO figure this out. I am GOING to figure this out.