Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I flinched, DAMN !!!! Can I recover?

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey yall,
so I have this hot 33 year old at work. I asked her out for lunch for next wednesday but get this, I meant to say "dinner after work", but I said "lunch".

This is what happened, we were talking in the kitchen, just general stuff. Then I was like "lets go out to lunch on wednesday" and then I STUTTURED bcos I meant to say dinner, so I refrazed it to her and said dinner. Now.... as soon as I said lunch she didnt even hesitate to say yes. But the moment I said dinner after work, I could tell she was gonna say no. She said that she couldnt bcos she had to do alot of errands that evening. So I settled for lunch.

Now as soon as I stuttered all the confidence exitted my game I felt the instant AFC possess me like a ghost. I think she instantly smelt the lack of confidence and rejected the dinner offer. I could tell by her body language that the dinner offer did something to her or she wasnt expecting it or something.

So now I have to wait till wednesday to see whats up. I know there is a certain level of interest bcos I have sensed the body language thus far (eg, laughs, eye contact, frequent talks about life outside work,etc, no kino yet), but I think I may have blown it now.
Guys I need you advice on how to recover pronto! How should I bring it (lunch) up again on wednesday, and how do I procceed once I have her alone.

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does this girl have a boyfriend or anyone she is seeing if so, IMHO find someone else. If not I would approach the lunch casually otherwise you will put way to much pressure on yourself and it will show through to her.

At lunch get that # she promised you, follow up with a call a few days after that with the slam dunk phone pitch, i.e. I'm going to do such and such on (insert date and time) do you want to go with me? If she does great if not wait for her to counteroffer and if not you just eject from the call.

It is hard to tell what she wants, some women just like to flirt. I have been in a similar situation before at work and I flirted nonstop with this chick including some phone sex one night that had me so hard I was pounding nails :) all to find out she lived with a boyfriend and had for 3 years.

In order to find out what is up you are going to have to take a risk and force the action. For example I have been known to be quite the AFC. About a month ago I found out the cousin of one of my friends liked me. I made an AFC call to her to see if everyone was getting together and going out that night. She (the cousin) said she would ask around and call me back. She never did. I waited about 3 hours said fyuck this called her and said I'm going to see this movie at this time do you want to go. She said yes and we went. Im looking for an LTR and this girl is not LTR material for me so we only went out a few times. But you have got to close, close, close.

There is a mountain of info here take advantage of all of it. Focus on improving yourself and no one chick is going to make a difference if they say yes or no. Sorry about the short novel I wrote.

deeman

Don Juan
Reaction score

ds28

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stuttering, flinching, changing your mind makes you look indecisive.

My take on this is that as soon as you mentioned dinner, variious alarm bells went off in her head. Dinner has certain romantic connotations attached to it. Lunch doesn't. Its much more neutral. As soon as you mention dinner, she goes cold probably because she's not interested in you in that way. Sorry to sound harsh but that's my view on it.

Donny Brasco

Don Juan
Reaction score
You might as well schedule supper with her 3 years from next wednesday, you have the same chances of her flaking out.

Come Tuesday you should go tell her you are busy for lunch on Wednesday. So you have to cancel.

Then on Wednesday after lunch tell her you feel bad for breaking your lunch date and it so happens that the President of Uzbeckistan cancelled supper with you that night and you still have reservations at Chez Duzzeldorf that you don;t want to give up.

And then ask her if she wants to be picked up or would she rather meet you there.

Do not ask a yes or no question.

That could work, unless she already thinks you're a dork.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found second chances happen, often, its just a matter of not dwelling on your mistakes and capitolizing on your new oppertunity. Seriously, if a slip of the tongue cost you the date, think shes worth it? Relax, and have fun with her... there is no substitute for fun ;).