Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I feel trapped!!!

Reaction score
Im stuck in a job field I hate but its all I have experience in. I HATE going into work everyday because I am burned out. I cant stand having a boss. I never get along with bosses. Im currently in college but wont graduate until 3 years from now. I was considering open up a small business but dont know if 40K will be enough money to start. I wanna open up a storage space business. Any ideas guys?

Reaction score
What's the field if you don't mind me asking? It sounds like you know what to do but need our reassurance.

Let me tell you bud, life is short. No point in wasting it away hating what you do
Im in the Utilities field. I work for an electric company in Texas.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im stuck in a job field I hate but its all I have experience in. I HATE going into work everyday because I am burned out. I cant stand having a boss. I never get along with bosses. Im currently in college but wont graduate until 3 years from now. I was considering open up a small business but dont know if 40K will be enough money to start. I wanna open up a storage space business. Any ideas guys?
This post is a bit of a head-scratcher. You are 40 and you are in college? But you don't want to have a traditional career/job because you hate having a boss and feel burned out, so you want to open a small business instead? Then what's the point of going to college? I'm pretty sure you don't need a college degree to open a storage space business.

It sounds like you don't really know what you want. You sure you're not a woman?? j/k

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then why are you making all these miserable middle age threads. I must have it worst than you since I am older than you are dont have a proper job and no gf either and have aging parents that are supporting me. If I didnt believe God I dont know what I would do.
If you didn't have aging parents to rely on, you would get a job like everyone else does. Your parents are not doing you any favours by financially supporting you as a 40+ year old man.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if your 40. Have you had a job you enjoyed or at least found tolerable

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you didn't have aging parents to rely on, you would get a job like everyone else does. Your parents are not doing you any favours by financially supporting you as a 40+ year old man.
One random person may pay the ultimate price for making a stupid comment like that at the wrong time to the wrong person.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm younger than you and I also can't speak from direct experience, but back in my restaurant days, I hired someone who was mid 40s that recently quit his full-time job. He became a part-time bartender at my place and also got a real estate agent license. That plus he did some consulting on the side. He seemed to be doing pretty well and didn't really have to answer to anyone. But all of the things he did required basic sales skills.

I also know some people who swear by day/swing trading. You only need about 10k from what I hear, but I have no clue as to how the market is these days.

If you really hate your job and having a boss, might as well do something about it. Sure, it's a risk, but not having to answer to anyone is one of the greatest rewards you can reap and completely worth it IMO. Storage space biz sounds kind of expensive to start. Try spending a few hours doing some research on some home businesses to start, or get on fiverr or something. You'll thank yourself in a year if you start now.

Reaction score
I'm younger than you and I also can't speak from direct experience, but back in my restaurant days, I hired someone who was mid 40s that recently quit his full-time job. He became a part-time bartender at my place and also got a real estate agent license. That plus he did some consulting on the side. He seemed to be doing pretty well and didn't really have to answer to anyone. But all of the things he did required basic sales skills.

I also know some people who swear by day/swing trading. You only need about 10k from what I hear, but I have no clue as to how the market is these days.

If you really hate your job and having a boss, might as well do something about it. Sure, it's a risk, but not having to answer to anyone is one of the greatest rewards you can reap and completely worth it IMO. Storage space biz sounds kind of expensive to start. Try spending a few hours doing some research on some home businesses to start, or get on fiverr or something. You'll thank yourself in a year if you start now.
Great advice! Much appreciated

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to get real honest with yourself, cut your losses and GO. Accountability is imperative, not some feminine option that gets buried in the sand alongside your head. Yeah they are good at that, deflecting all personal responsibility and accountability. Those are the same lowly fembots that ask where all the good men have gone when they hit 37 and single. Break away cold turkey and never look back. You aren't happy now and won't be at 41, 42, 43, 57... with your feet stuck in the same shoes. Walk away or continue getting jerked off on by your bosses. Chin up (mouth open)! Fucc or walk. Get a plan and stick to it with non-stop dogged determination, because simply adhering to a newly-devised plan is only good enough for those mid-30's at most. You are behind and stuck. You can thank that voice in your head named Denial D!ck.

My past two careers ran their course and I can't get any more utility out of them, nor see eye to eye with those cuckolds in leadership undergoing woke crisis after woke crisis and implementing bullsh!t trainings and stand downs that they are the root causes of!! I left that bigoty bullsh!t behind in November and don't look back anymore. I'm on to my final career choice that I decided on when I was FIVE.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Ive had jobs I have liked but I never get along with bosses. Alot of bosses end up firing me and im not sure why.
Generally speaking, 90% of the time employees get fired because they can’t or won’t do their job correctly. The other 10% usually involve severe personal, mental, or personality issues of the employee.
Decide which category you’re in and make a course correction, or eventually become a homeless street resident …

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally speaking, 90% of the time employees get fired because they can’t or won’t do their job correctly. The other 10% usually involve severe personal, mental, or personality issues of the employee.
Decide which category you’re in and make a course correction, or eventually become a homeless street resident …
What makes you think many homeless people are not working at jobs but the salary is not enough to pay sky-high rents, and all the other bills. If this guys gf is not sharing the costs you think he can even afford the place he is at with his salary?