"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

I feel like Im getting uglier and uglier every day

hb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
Messages
768
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Im 17 years old. From the ages 11-16 I was always a good looking kid. Girls loved me and i would recieve complements all the time. Since I've been feeling uglier and uglier. My face seems to be really long......my facial hair is killing me, i have reddish facial hair and brown hair. I just feel ugly. I hate the fact that u cant really change some things about ur face. I cant change the reddish facial hair unless i grow it out and dye it and whats worse is that my face is longgg. If i knew how, i'd post a picture.

Wtf am i supposed to do? i know personality makes the man but how am I supposed to show my personality around these girls when I have no confidence?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
626
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
If I was up your ass you'd know
don't fret about the red beard, i wish i had one, its straight pirate style. Id give my left nut if for my beard to be read. What about shaving their slim?
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Please trust me on this, a lot of people go through the same thing at your age. It's the stage after puberty when your facial features start to change. You might think you look ugly because you're not used to seeing yourself this way, but even if it is as bad as you believe (which I doubt), this is only a temporary physical stage anyway.

When I was 17 my features looked very coarse, my nose looked flat, but my face also looked very long and bony (having long sideburns didn't help). But it passed.

Some things you might want to try for the time being is regularly exercising your jaw muscles by clamping your teeth down on some paper or something, which will help give you a defined jawline. Shave regularly (the facial hair problem solved) and moisturise afterwards to give yourself smoother looking skin.

If you are really desperate, try using a sunbed once in a while. You will be surprised how much this improves your looks and the way you feel about yourself.

But above all, stop analysing your reflection! I'm speaking as someone who has had issues with BDS (Body dismorphic syndrome) and anorexia. Your reflection can lie to you, especially if you look at it through cynical eyes.
 

hb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
Messages
768
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Ive had facial hair since i was 14, at first it didnt bother me but now it grows real fast. A day after i shave it comes back. My jaw line is starting to diminish, you said to bite down on paper to improve this? My fore head is big, my hair is thining.

Whats a sun bed? and i hate my fvcken freckless!!!!

RED FACIAL HAIR DONT WORK AROUND HERE.

AND I CAN NEVER GET RID OF RAZOR BUMPS.


Now when I look around and i see people who look better then me i actually get mad that these people were born with good looks. It was never like this before.


ABOVE ALL I HAVE A LONG FACE AND ALOT OF PEOPLE TELL ME ABOUT IT.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by hb
Ive had facial hair since i was 14, at first it didnt bother me but now it grows real fast. A day after i shave it comes back. My jaw line is starting to diminish, you said to bite down on paper to improve this? My fore head is big, my hair is thining.

Whats a sun bed? and i hate my fvcken freckless!!!!

RED FACIAL HAIR DONT WORK AROUND HERE.

AND I CAN NEVER GET RID OF RAZOR BUMPS.


Now when I look around and i see people who look better then me i actually get mad that these people were born with good looks. It was never like this before.


ABOVE ALL I HAVE A LONG FACE AND ALOT OF PEOPLE TELL ME ABOUT IT.
Here's what you do while you shave if you have difficult skin.

I'm on the acne regimen found at acne.org. I wash my face with soap, wait 10 minutes, shave (dry shave - get an electric razor if you can), apply benzoyl peroxide, apply first aid cream, wait 5 minutes, and moisturize. I never have any trouble, and the one time I forgot to do it I did get red bumps on my face. It definitely works.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

hjsknksbm

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Tallahassee/Cleveland
You cant change the way you look so why worry. When I talk to girls I'm totally detatched from my looks. By the way I have facial features I hate to. But fuc it work with wat u hav!
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Guess what hb? We all have our different positive/negative physical attributes, different skills and talents. Know what your positives are and accentuate these traits. On your negative attributes try to improve them to the best of your ability, other than that the rest is all based on your attitude and acceptance of who you are as a person!!

Change your perspective, don't dwell on what you can't change, accept it and you'll be a much happier man in the long run! As you get older you'll develop more masculine traits and your overall looks may improve. Even though each individual part taken on its' own may not be ideal, when all the parts come together they look better and give you an overall distinctive look. Work on your overall appearance and just not one area.
 

lynx

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
118
Reaction score
2
Part of becoming a man is that some girls will stop calling you good-looking even if you are. Young boys, especially those who look more like children rather than young men, are considered cute and harmless by girls. Girls are not afraid or intimidated by them. That's why you'll often see 16-year-old girls treating young boys like little babies. Girls will call these 10-year-old boys cute and will sometimes even kiss them, buy them ice cream, and take them shopping with them. When I was ten and eleven, a lot of older teenage girls would even ask my mom if I could go shopping with them. Sometimes I got some innocent action out of these girls (such as touching their boobs or watching them change), but these girls took me out because I was, at least in their opinion, harmless and not yet a man. They saw me as a teddy bear, and that was fine with me at that age.

Once I got older, however, I realized that I was no longer a cuddly boy so girls stopped treating me like a baby. It was up to me to catch their interest in other ways. I was no longer going to attract them as a boy but as a man. Once you realize that you're a man and no longer a boy, you won't expect girls to treat you like a teddy bear. Girls are cautious with men so don't expect girls or women to be so open with you any more. You must attract them through a combination of presence and looks. Your presence is basically how you carry yourself and the status you have obtained as a result of your achievements (be they in sports, academics, student government, etc.), Your looks are not as important as you think. At your age, everybody is extremely self-conscious, so don't think you're the only one who feels the way you do. Even the hottest girls think they're not so hot sometimes. Anyhow, look your best but don't be obsessed with your looks. Eat healthy, get lots of sleep, have a positive attitude, hang out with cool and respectful friends, and exercise (but not obsessively).
 

Sayajin_Prince

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
London UK
hb try the sund beds ( artificial tanning also known as solarium ), you could ask for them in a gym or a fitness academy, it really helped my case, i had the same red beard you talked about and i dyed it blonde with oxygenated water, as for the hair you can spike it and bleach it ( but take really care of it, because if u dont it will become like straw) , it's really cool, try to see what your popular friends dress and copy them, use an earing or a piercing if that's your style, a tattoo also helps, girls always want to know what's the story behind it etc. And start taking care of your body, workout, workout, nutrition and workout once again. Buy a good cologne ( like davidoff's cool water, acqua di gio )... there are lots of things you can do to improve yourself, if u dont have the money, try to get a part-time job so you have the money to spend on those things.

Just my 2 cents
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

hb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
Messages
768
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Artificial tanning is really popular around here, never considered it much cause im not too white, but I will. You said u dyed ur beard blonde with oxygenated water? how'd u do that? I want a more natural brown look, I used just for men before but its really annoyin since i have to do this about twice a week to keep it looking real. I'll try bleaching it but i dont know how! how would I do this?
I dress very well...... I tried getting an earing even though my parents wouldnt allow me to do it, theyre really old fashioned, i brought it up to my dad and he asked me "why do you want one? you wanna look like a *****?" LOL I tried getting one any way and see if I could hide it from him, it didnt work. I'm already getting a tattoo in two weeks..........

And Ive been working out very seriously since december........ Ive seen very good results.........

I have the dolce and gabanna cologne... LOL

I have a part time job and I have a lexus (used but when your 17 and none of your friends have a car, its kind of a big deal.....)

I want to get me some jewelery soon.....

I just hate the fact that my face has diminished.... Ive gotten my teeth cleaned and bought the crest white strips..... I like my hair style...... I use pimple medicine to keep my face clear....

and porky you said " I wash my face with soap, wait 10 minutes, shave (dry shave - get an electric razor if you can), apply benzoyl peroxide, apply first aid cream, wait 5 minutes, and moisturize."

You shave without any shaving cream? and what do you mean by first aid cream?


One thing I've noticed about myself though is that I have my own style..... I dont exactly fit into a group. My style is fairly clean, not too pretty and not too thuggy....... too thuggy for the girls that look for the pretty guys and vice versa.............

I also want attention but dont really seek it...............

and i hope you guys are righttttttt, this is just a temporary stage.
 

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Whenever i read hb in this thread i keep thinking Hot Blonde...
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
I use an electric razer. No shaving cream needed. I just have some CVS first aid cream...that's all it's called. It's a white bottle that says it disinfects and calms irritated skin.I love it almost as much as my benzoyl peroxide.
 

On-top

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 12, 2002
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Practice smiling and eye contact.

There are a lot of things you can do...but really, most comments can be ignored. Get in the habit of shaving everyday. Look on the internet for new methods products to use to stop your problems.

A major thing you can do is practice smiling...whatever your teeth look like, try to keep them clean..maybe use some Crest whitestrips if that's a problem. But look in the mirror and practice smiling for a while...show a confident smile and teeth. It will draw people away from other characteristics on your face.

Also, eyes. Everyone looks at your eyes first. Study and practice eye contact..read as much a you can about it. I know that doesn't sound like fun at 17..but it will make a huge difference. You'll notice dominant and submissive moves all the time. You can control what features people look at if you just increase your skill. And the rest of your looks will follow your confidence. Seriously.
 

On-top

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 12, 2002
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Raven125
Whenever i read hb in this thread i keep thinking Hot Blonde...
hot blonde
hot brunette
hot babe
hard body..

LoL..me too.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 17, 2003
Messages
257
Reaction score
1
Oh come on like some said this is only a fase your going through.
 
Top