Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Feel Like I Have Nothing to Live for . . .

Pajamajam

Reaction score
From reading the posts from on this forum I know that I really must begin to improve myself, the thing is I just don't know how.

Like in my topic, I just feel like I don't have anything to live for. I'm going to be a senior next year and I've never played a sport and I don't have any other exciting interests. The only thing I would say I'm really good at is school, I don't have to put any work into it and I get good grades, but where does that get me? yeh nowhere . . .

It seems like everyone else out there has an interest to live for whether it be soccer, skateboarding, bmx, hockey, or whatever, something interesting and unique to live for that is "cool" to others. I don't really do much of anything, I'm friendly with a ton of people at school, but never after school, so my summers are lonely and full of boredom.

I wish I had an interest like this, but I don't and it just feels too late to start any of this stuff, because I will suck at it and it will just be embarassing. I'm not fat, or especially ugly, I just don't have many friends or many things to do. I spent my younger years content with school and computer games, but now I finally realize how much I want to have real social life, but I missed the boat, everyone thinks I'm a loser and I know this is against the rules, but even I believe it's true.

I just haven't found what I like to do, I'll do anything, but I haven't found what I like/love to do. I feel so lost in life it's crazy. I know people are gonna say do what you like . . . but I don't know what I like, it's almost like I was born without a personality or something . . .

Anyone have any advice on finding out what I'm supposed to live for . . .

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn man....

So what you going to do, die? That'll make things interesting.

Get yourself to the gym. Life is what you make it.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever watched the show Made?

Try doing something like that. Pick a sport or an activity that you never thought in your wildest dreams that you would be able to do. Dedicate as much free time to that as you possibly can. Basketball, football, wake boarding, sky diving, paintballing, WHATEVER. Do something htat gets the blood pumping, the adrenaline rushing.

Pajamajam

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies up to this point, and just to clarify, It's not that I'm trying to whine or look for pity.

I just want to know if anyone else has felt like this / been in this kind of situation before and how they solved it.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Have you ever watched the show Made?

Try doing something like that. Pick a sport or an activity that you never thought in your wildest dreams that you would be able to do. Dedicate as much free time to that as you possibly can. Basketball, football, wake boarding, sky diving, paintballing, WHATEVER. Do something htat gets the blood pumping, the adrenaline rushing.
yeah...I recommend basketball myself. I used to hate it, but then I picked it up. So what if you suck at it at first man? Practice, practice, practice! Either that or get into cars. Get a job if you don't have one. Spend lots of money building and modifying a car or something.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus man, you sound exactly like me about 1 year ago.

No friends to speak of (because they back stabbed me, and never rang me). No hobbies, nothing to do.

Now: Playing Rugby at a high level, hitting the gym, got a kick ass g/f.

How I turned it round? Made a decision that i'd had enough of being the "last guy", or the "boring guy"

GodOFcharm

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, dude. All u gotta do is find your muse. Or in other words, find something to interest you for the long front. Im taking courses in gaming design. You might wanna try that, its fun

dreamxhenry

Banned
Reaction score
Pajamajam said:
From reading the posts from on this forum I know that I really must begin to improve myself, the thing is I just don't know how.

Like in my topic, I just feel like I don't have anything to live for. I'm going to be a senior next year and I've never played a sport and I don't have any other exciting interests. The only thing I would say I'm really good at is school, I don't have to put any work into it and I get good grades, but where does that get me? yeh nowhere . . .

It seems like everyone else out there has an interest to live for whether it be soccer, skateboarding, bmx, hockey, or whatever, something interesting and unique to live for that is "cool" to others. I don't really do much of anything, I'm friendly with a ton of people at school, but never after school, so my summers are lonely and full of boredom.

I wish I had an interest like this, but I don't and it just feels too late to start any of this stuff, because I will suck at it and it will just be embarassing. I'm not fat, or especially ugly, I just don't have many friends or many things to do. I spent my younger years content with school and computer games, but now I finally realize how much I want to have real social life, but I missed the boat, everyone thinks I'm a loser and I know this is against the rules, but even I believe it's true.

I just haven't found what I like to do, I'll do anything, but I haven't found what I like/love to do. I feel so lost in life it's crazy. I know people are gonna say do what you like . . . but I don't know what I like, it's almost like I was born without a personality or something . . .

WOW dude I'm kinda alot like you!

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Figure it out or kill yourself.

How do you even think your close to the end?

Your not even close to rock bottom compared to most people you seem to have a really good life.

For example, a lot of people are fat, some are ugly, some do terrible in school, some are addicted to drugs, some are ****ed up, some are poor, and who knows what other problems some have.

Your clean and living a good life. Chill and get a few friends don't take it so seriously eventually less and less will call you a loser especially if you stop whining.

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pajamajam said:

There must be something that you think is fun. Or, there must be something you're good at! Find a quality about yourself (everyone's got qualities), and make this a hobby or something, by improving this quality. You've probably thought about this already, but think more. Find out ways to improve yourself, and materialize them. When you have improved, you will probably exprerience lots of things that will make you more happy, and consequently, the chances of you finding out what to live for will increase.

humph

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like everyone else said, do something about it. I found myself in a situation similar to yours a few months ago. I didn't sit around whining about it, I decided I wanted to start fencing. I looked up a club near me and now I'm going to start competing this fall. It's never to late to start something.

dreamxhenry

Banned
Reaction score
Pajamajam said:

dude PM me,and man I was feeling like you couple hours ago,but now im like f*Ck i'll find something to do,go get drunk or high so you will have fun :D

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dreamx's idea is right to get your mind off being so serious. But be careful. Don't depend on drugs and alchohol to improve your life.

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pajamajam said:
The only thing I would say I'm really good at is school, I don't have to put any work into it and I get good grades, but where does that get me? yeh nowhere . . .

First off, brains WILL get you somewhere, you will get into a great college and become a powerful man, and we ALL know women are attracted to powerful men. Second, its NEVER too late to pick up a sport / hobby, just find something that interests you and go 110% into it. You said that you were friendly with a lot of people at school, well, extend your friendship even further, start talking to them on more personal levels rather then just "hey" get their numbers and start interacting with them. What i did was i got so many numbers down that no matter what day, i would call them up to make plans to go to lunch and w/e and AT LEAST 1 would be down to go. You said you are going to be a senior, SENIOR EVENTS ARE KEY. I had so much fun at mine, even if they weren't the greatest, i got to interact with others and TRULY be myself around them, which is why i was later voted Senior years "biggest procrastinator" (so much for people not knowing me in the beginning of the year). Get out there and join a gym, get a job where social interaction is pretty much MANDATORY. Like the other guys said, go to parties, its a great way to meet new people and to make connections with people you already know. It seems you are having some other major issues, i suggest working on your inside first. This post may help you with that

http://socalseduction.com/fourm/viewtopic.php?t=13

PM if you still need to talk about some issues

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at your hobby right here...Gaming girls, I'm guessing you don't sarge or else you wouldn't be posting this. You know how much adventures comes out of sarging how much funny rejections, the time you got blown out 2 weeks ago by some hb6. But if you are looking for other interest search around because there are a lot of stuff you may like that you don't know about. Try different sh1t each day you will find something. I was similar to you during summer times and interests were hard to find for me until I realized i love UFC, PFC, boxing and other fighitng leauges. Then it transferred me to working out, then I also liked military sh!t and started liking extreme sh!t like skydiving, etc. Even though I haven't done none of the extreme sh!t yet.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been at the place you're at plenty of times... more times than I care to count to be perfectly honest.

What did I do to turn it around? Simple...

I sat in a room and thought until I realized that I had two choices... I could either a.) do my best to live the kind of life I wish to live or b.) wallow in my self-pity and die a slow (or quick), painful death.

The choice you are making right now (unfortunately) is B.

Maybe you haven't found it yet, but I guarantee that there's something in this life that will make you happy. A lot of guys here have suggested sports, but personally, that never really worked for me. You just have to dig deep and go, "What do I really like to do?" Just that thought took me to a place I never thought I would end up.

It's a simple, very small thought, that can take you just about anywhere... sit in a room, and think about those two options and that question (this won't take longer than 10 minutes) and I guarantee you will come out a different person.

You do have something to live for... remember that.

If you didn't... you wouldn't be here right now.

AS

Fa Zhou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pajamajam said:
I just feel like I don't have anything to live for. I'm going to be a senior next year...
That's all we need.

You're just getting out of the starting gate! You have a whole lifetime of partying and working and hanging out and getting laid and having relationships that are ****ed up, nice, sexy, crazy, mellow and passionate.

You have time to explore music and language and art and sports, get fit and get good at the ones that really interest you.

You have a lifetime of friendships that come and go, betrayal and faithfulness coming.

I WISH I WAS YOU! NOW GO KICK SOME ASS AND MAKE YOUR LIFE ROCK THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO!!!

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being socially acceptable is not the whole of life...although being in high school may make this hard to realize. I'd rather be by myself, bettering myself than smoking myself to death or some of the things that others do. Hedonistic pleasure will only get you so much...but real pleasure/confidence comes from within yourself.

What others think of you should not be the sole factor in how you think of yourself...not even a significant factor...in the end, that brings you zero control over yourself and makes you the opposite of an individual.

You have no interests? I think it either means that you haven't tried enough stuff yet, or you're making excuses for yourself. But better to have feeling now than when you are 50 years old...

Solitude is often the easiest and most appropriate way to better oneself...away from the distractions and the (often negative) influences of the masses. There is nothing wrong with being lonely...but surely you can find something to do for yourself. You like school? Why don't you consider studying something over summer break...philosophy, religion, health, politics, science, anything that interests you. I would also recommend exercising...for your health, if for nothing else. Find a job somewhere. How much do you know about yourself? I would guess that you know next to nothing...like most people (I don't mean to sound insulting).

You're doing well in school without trying? To what extent are you challenging yourself?

Nothing is inherently good or bad...but thinking making it so. In a temporary world, there is no inherent meaning. Meaning is created...