I feel like half the stuff taught here is wrong now

faiNt`

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm told to "be myself." I'm told not to be a fake person, to be ****y and funny to girls. I'm told to be mysterious and not reveal anything about myself because it will lower IL. I've done everything perfectly and to the T with my current GF.

She complains that she knows nothing about me, her parents dislike my attitude because they don't get my humor. I don't know what to do because people generally like me for me.

There are periods when we don't talk for days at a time. I'm not sure why. It seems she isn't putting out the effort but then again I can't say I am either.

I just feel like the only reason any of these issues are coming up is because of what I'm being told "works." I wouldn't have any of these issues if I wasn't an as*hole because of this forum.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do and it's really bothering me.

Somebody set me straight, please.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa you got a couple issues here,

First off, open up to your girlfriend, shes even telling you to open up, how much more of a hint do you need? Mystery is needed when first trying to attract a girl, now that you have her you need to let her in to your world.

When it comes to parents you need to ask questions and be forward, never try to be sarcastic in front of parents. ASK YOUR GIRLFRIEND ABOUT HER PARENTS. Learn their hobbies, jobs, favorite sports teams, anything you can talk to them about. If all else fails then ask them how their day was. Simple as that.

In all honesty you dont seem ready for a relationship. Thats completely fine, I think you need to work with the basics first. Balance your life out. No one here said you must be an a$$hole to get women, only that a$$holes display attractive traits. You can display dominance, recklessness, not be a pushover, and give women a variety of emotions without being an a$$hole. You need to read and get a better understanding of whats being taught here.

Nothing that cant be fixed or overcome. FYI though, I doubt your relationship is going to make it. You wont be able to learn this material fast enough. It takes time to let these things mature in your mind.

faiNt`

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Psycho Sexy said:
Whoa you got a couple issues here,

First off, open up to your girlfriend, shes even telling you to open up, how much more of a hint do you need? Mystery is needed when first trying to attract a girl, now that you have her you need to let her in to your world.

When it comes to parents you need to ask questions and be forward, never try to be sarcastic in front of parents. ASK YOUR GIRLFRIEND ABOUT HER PARENTS. Learn their hobbies, jobs, favorite sports teams, anything you can talk to them about. If all else fails then ask them how their day was. Simple as that.

In all honesty you dont seem ready for a relationship. Thats completely fine, I think you need to work with the basics first. Balance your life out. No one here said you must be an a$$hole to get women, only that a$$holes display attractive traits. You can display dominance, recklessness, not be a pushover, and give women a variety of emotions without being an a$$hole. You need to read and get a better understanding of whats being taught here.

Nothing that cant be fixed or overcome. FYI though, I doubt your relationship is going to make it. You wont be able to learn this material fast enough. It takes time to let these things mature in your mind.

This actually helped a lot. Thanks man.

I think I have to work on never being sarcastic .. I feel like most of the time I use it as a crutch because I don't know how else to act. I'm afraid of being serious and actually being rejected for acting normal.

I'm afraid of getting hurt I suppose. It's hard for me to open up due to this. I suppose you don't experience life if you always hold back though ...

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This website does a pretty poor job of highlighting exactly what skills you need to learn in what order. All those things you mentioned are stuff you learn later on, not use straight in the beginning. It's like getting some nerdy guy off the street to fight in Afghanistan on the frontlines but giving him the best weapons. He has the best weapons so it should be all right, right? No matter how powerful, a weapon can only go as far as its user.

Not to accuse you of anything OP but from what I can tell, it seems your social awareness isn't as high as the "skills" that you are using and you're confused why they aren't working. You should never use a "technique" where the results, whether they are a success or failure, confuse you. Just concentrate on the simple things, which imo, are developing social skills. It's funny because the Bible teaches you a whole array of different things about game, but the majority of topics on this forum, specifically the high school one, are ALWAYS about the conversation itself. "I don't know what to say in this situation?" is what like 90% of the questions asked here are about. The book I always recommends is "How To Make Great Conversation And Small Talk". Really opened up my eyes to a whole different world.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pics of girlfriend are needed to make the right call here. Make sure to post those right away

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
faiNt` said:
I'm told to "be myself." I'm told not to be a fake person, to be ****y and funny to girls. I'm told to be mysterious and not reveal anything about myself because it will lower IL. I've done everything perfectly and to the T with my current GF.

She complains that she knows nothing about me, her parents dislike my attitude because they don't get my humor. I don't know what to do because people generally like me for me.

There are periods when we don't talk for days at a time. I'm not sure why. It seems she isn't putting out the effort but then again I can't say I am either.

I just feel like the only reason any of these issues are coming up is because of what I'm being told "works." I wouldn't have any of these issues if I wasn't an as*hole because of this forum.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do and it's really bothering me.

You have to use your own brain. Don't shoot a mosquito with a shotgun.

You also need to build the connection. The things you mentioned are to signal confidence to women and to highlight the areas most suck at.

When you want to get all NICE be sure it is your desire speaking not your insecurity then you can be NICE all you want.

Don't overdo any of these things. And remember it shouldn't be an act it should be you. You don't wanna act your whole life.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hope this helps...

faiNt` said:

She complains that she knows nothing about me, her parents dislike my attitude because they don't get my humor. Yea, we do tell you to be a little mysterious with girls, but not to the point where they barely know anything about you lol. Thats over doing it. Theres a big difference between bein mysterious by not telling your feelings for a girl and being mysterious by refusing to say where you live or what your last name is. See what I mean? And I also agree with what Pyscho Sexy said regarding parents

There are periods when we don't talk for days at a time. I'm not sure why. It seems she isn't putting out the effort but then again I can't say I am either.Shes just losing interest

I don't know what I'm supposed to do and it's really bothering me.Well nobody ever said to be a legitimate assh*le. Whats probably happening here is your doing neg hits to people, and they dont get the joke, thus it makes you look like a douche. Also, if your do just the ****y and none of the funny, your gonna look like an assh*le again. Bottom line is that if your comin across as an assh*le, your just doing things the wrong way.

EDIT: and yea I highly doubt this relationship is gonna last. Your probably better off getting out now rather than get stuck being dumped or cheated on.

thewickedm

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to assume here that you have feelings for this girl. So why not just go with the flow? Is it because you feel that if the "real" you shows beneath the C&F and negging and mysterious aura then she will lose that attraction which she has for you?

Every relationship has this almost linear progression. When you first meet someone, you hold back a little to appear like you are high value, you neg and c&f a little to show that you need more than just looks and sex to make you want a relationship with her.

When you get to know her better, you start opening up to her. READ: Opening up doesnt imply pouring your heart out together with all ur insecurities and problems and issues on her. It means letting her into your life. After all, isn't that what being in a relationship is about, sharing your lives?

The techniques here work if you genuinely lead a purposeful life, and not just a life centered around getting positive response from women with the techniques.

A Don Juan is not a robot. He is a human, and though we have techniques here and there, the knowledge we collate here is all about becoming a better person, not an *******.

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I feel like half the stuff taught here is wrong now"

which is why i only take in about half the stuff on here.

judge for yourself what to take from here and what to leave behind. your judgment comes first. you dont know ANY of the people on here, by that im not saying they dont know what theyre doing, im saying you dont know their circumstances, what the girls around them are like, what they can pull off because of their own looks and personalities. even the way people translate these things differ, a perfect example is the fact that you thought being an assh*le meant, well being a total ass. hole. its advice, not proven stuff. read it then turn it over in your head whether you think its good or not. there are stuff here that i completely agree with and stuff i completely disagree with. dont suck it ALL in. there are even some opposing views, which side will you take? only you know your situation. for ex: my school is full of nice, friendly girls. dont think being an asswipe is gonna do a whole lot of jack besides making me look like one. i have a friend who is adored by girls, and he says you should tell her how you feel. on the other hand some say keep it a mystery. some say the friend zone will screw you over. others will tell you that there is no such thing, and that there are people who were friends for years before they got serious. youve probably seen that before.

think for yourself, man.

BananaSmile

Don Juan
Reaction score
HAHHAHA the advise is correct BE YOURSELF

to find yourself, think for yourself - Socrates

MOST of the stuff you mentioned is for opening and the early stages of relationships (before they become relationships)

your never supposed to be an *******,
c&f is supposed to be used on some girls(who are on their high horse)(i dont even use it, just teasing works).
I REALLY DOUBT her parents dislike your attitude because of your humor (unless you tell inapropriate jokes , dirty or racist)

just rememba is it really you she is in a relationship with or is it the community?

i know ive just pointed out stuff and made no solution but you must think for yourself

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, since everyone did such a great job here, there's nothing i can really comment about..except this..
faiNt` said:
I think I have to work on never being sarcastic ..
It seems that you are always taking things too literal/too far. Before you were being mysterious and using C&F, but you went way too far with it without transitioning.

Now, it seems like you are doing the exact same thing, but going in the opposite direction. Your eliminating all of those traits COMPLETELY, and are now saying that you will never be sarcastic again. Sarcasm, while one of the most crude forms of humor, can be very funny..why would you ditch that? It's all about a balance man and using some common sense.

Dont overdue OR under due one technique or personality traits. keep a balance

schoolfights

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take the time to ask someone how things are going in their lives, without being nosy or intrusive. If they seem resistant to talking, just let them know that you're always around to talk to, and that you want them to be alright.