Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I feel empty inside

Wizzely Wazle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why, but for the last couple of years i've been feeling very empty, like my life has no meaning or purpose. (I'm 18 now) I have some pretty cool hobbies that I enjoy and friends I enjoy hanging out with.

But still, in most of my free time when i'm at home i've got nothing to do. What do you guys do when your not out?

Most of my free time is spend thinking or searching the net for something to do that will give my life more purpose, that will make my life more interesting, that will put my name out there into the world, but i'm always unsuccessful in finding anything.

Maybe i'm just trying to hard or something but something just seems to be missing from my life, and it's not girls, because i've gotten over pinining over them.

I guess i'm posting this because i want to know if anyone else has been in a similar postion to me and how you dealt with it/found purpose in your life.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
enjoy your life now, man. I wish I could be 18 again with few responsibilities. Whatever you enjoy doing, start doing, preferably something where you meet other people.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you man.

It's only gonna be worse on from this point.

Start readin phylosophy and take a few literature classes. They may offer a perspective from which to base your life on.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man,you're 18.

Go out & have fun cuz before you know it you'll be stuck with a mortage and some ugly ass kids.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This search for meaning is always going to be present with deeper people. It doesn't really go away, but there are "pockets" of meaning, even if there's no complete universal purpose.

Do you like a sport? Do you care about a cause? Do you have strong career goals?

If so, latch onto them. Even though when you stop doing them, you're faced with the vast emptiness of reality, think about it like the trip you have to take when you go the store or to the neighboring town. there will be short, contained periods of boredom and meaninglessness, but the important thing is, they're short. Even the fact that you like surfing the internet is proof of the fact that you are able to find these oases.

Also try to get a set of regular goals, so that you can find them much more quickly.

finally, if you find yourself severely depressed, get help.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This may help:

100 years after you die, nobody's gonna remember you... and even if they do, it won't matter to you, cause you'd be dead.

So it doesn't fukkin matter whether you have a meaning or not.

You're decomposing organic matter just like everyone else is... or something from fight club.

That's your purpose. Whatever you shoose to do with your time here, is your own choice and there no universal way.

But it doesn't fukkin matter what you do, because in the end you're gonna die and your influence will be still minimal. (if there's gonna be any at all)

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest you take up banjo lessons and yoga. Also start eating vegetable bio food and hug trees.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Go out & have fun cuz before you know it you'll be stuck with a mortage and some ugly ass kids.

LOl that sh1t was funny dude.

But thats the thing, most people settle for the lowest form of living, ugly ass kids and a gotdamned mortgage, what kinda sh1t is that?!

You gotta aspire to be great, glorious and straight up victorious in all endeavors. Wether is bagging the finest prime time dime on the block or gaining power of an island tribe of deathly barbarian cannibal islanders with spears made of fuccing gold.

WTf dont be a little girl playin dollhouse all your life, imagining and dreaming of things that could be, things that gotdamned SHOULD be! But you know you will never acheive this so you would rather spend your weeknights playing scrabble with your mammoth wife making lean cuisine in the microwave for dinner while your retarded assed kids are building towers with mashpotatoes and singing some retarded teletubby sh1t.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read closely the following quotes:
Originally posted by Ice Cold
100 years after you die, nobody's gonna remember you... and even if they do, it won't matter to you, cause you'd be dead.
Originally posted by Julian
You gotta aspire to be great, glorious and straight up victorious in all endeavors.
Don't you agree that it is truly something great to leave your name in history? I think life does have meaning, and its purpose is to actually leave your trace somewhere: the bigger, the greater. Don't you think Socrates or Aristotle would find it incredible that people are still studying in school every single day in every single country what they wrote over 2000 years ago? I think anyone who has managed to let their name and ideas be passed on from generation to generation has truly lived a fulfilling life. All the great men and women who have left their trace in history, this is what you should aspire on becoming... Don't you think you could fill up your life in a plentiful way if you aspire to become the next Galielo, Copernicus, Darwin, or even Hitler?

Think about it. Develop socially, emotionally, and intellectually, and emphasize on your strenghts while eliminating your weaknesses. You have a lifetime in front of you, and you can find something to make of it for SURE.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But then... wtf does it matter to aristotel and copernicus if they're dead? They're just dust somewhere... they can't think... they can't appreciate that we're talking about them.

And Hitler... or any other guy who left his name in history...

Because hitler was so involved in politics and power, he was isolated. He was not able to connect with anybody, to truly share... etc... He might've been very unhappy by himself.

So... if you just limit your life to "leaving a scratch" in the making of history... you might die unhappy and senseless.

Plus... that almost borders on Gerostratic accomplishment. I want my name to be remembered, so I'll do something really bad and my name will be alive forever. :)

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
But then... wtf does it matter to aristotel and copernicus if they're dead? They're just dust somewhere... they can't think... they can't appreciate that we're talking about them.

How the hell would you know? Been dead before?

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel pretty empty inside as well but things should get better eventually. :confused:

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At least your searching. A lot of people go from cradle to grave and never search for a purpose.

What I think is going on is you are not 'trying' stuff. The problem is if you have an idea, but dismiss it because the feeling isn't strong enough, you'll never build it up.

A Eureka moment is possible, but rare. Sometimes ideas pop up, your uncouscious is passing you a message to 'try it'.

A book I always plug in these situations is 'The passion plan'

Also empty is not bad, try reading something like 'Going to pieces without falling apart' I don't like the self help title but the book is very insightful and maybe would be good for you.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wazzle,

good on you for noticing. most people never get beneath the surface of their current ditractions to ever pay attention to such things.

Life IS empty and without meaning or purpose. My definition of happiness is being able to leave at peace with that.

I'd recommend trying meditation. you might discover a lot of things about yourself and actually trying to make sense of not doing anything at all.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is the journey, not the destination.

It is purpose that drives us. Without purpose or meaning in your life then you are already dead. Most people spend their entire lives merely existing as flesh and never truly living. Others spend their entire lives searching the world for something that can only come from within themselves.

In order to live, one must express himself honestly and totally without fear. I have said this many times and I can't stress it enough--you have to be totally honest and express yourself as you really are, in your entirety as an individual. Even if you have some flaw with yourself, the only way to cure it is to accept it. And the only way to do that is to know yourself and express yourself in an honest fashion. Living in denile isn't the best way to go about this whole business of life. Remember, as in the case of fear, the best way to rid yourself of it is to keep company with it.

This concept of honest self-expression is the only way to truly exist in reality as an individual. It is the only way to relate, or be related by others. Anything less is just a misconception. You are a human being, not a puppet. Start behaving like a human being.

It is said that you must empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality. You must let go of yourself to know yourself. In my opinion, that was the point of the movie "Fight Club."

"It is only when we have lost everything that we feel free to do anything."-- Tyler Durden

Purpose is something you find only when you know who you are. And you only find out who you are by expressing yourself honestly and being related by others in that manner. Otherwise, you're just chasing some mental reflection... a misconception of what the nature of the world really is, and ultimately... what and who you truly are.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."-- Tyler Durden

:D

Last edited:

Wizzely Wazle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies guys,

I don't have a real job atm, as i'm going away on holiday in a few weeks.

This talk about not leaving a mark/having minimal influence on the world is probably what i'm most upset about. Some of my greatest joy comes from looking back on my life and seeing how i've changed peoples lives and the world for the better. However lately i don't believe i've been having much influence on anything.

I think 'the cure' for me will be trying out new things as suggested, instead of thinking of things to do, then dismissing them. I think i know why i feel this way suddenly now. Througout my life i've always had strong constant emotional inner anger towards someone(s). Primary years towards some bullies who made my school life hell, intermediate towards basically everything, and highschool towards my 2 exgfs who both cheated on me. now i'm over everything and have no inner pain, i've got nothing swirling around in my head.

I vowed to put my new free thoughts to something good, but just havnt found it yet.

I'm just starting to get into philosophy, and i think i may enjoy it, as i managed a very high mark in an english paper based on a philosophical topic this year.

Again, thanks for the replies, i never thought i'd feel this much better just from posting this and reading replies. :cool:

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
LOl that sh1t was funny dude.

But thats the thing, most people settle for the lowest form of living, ugly ass kids and a gotdamned mortgage, what kinda sh1t is that?!

You gotta aspire to be great, glorious and straight up victorious in all endeavors. Wether is bagging the finest prime time dime on the block or gaining power of an island tribe of deathly barbarian cannibal islanders with spears made of fuccing gold.

WTf dont be a little girl playin dollhouse all your life, imagining and dreaming of things that could be, things that gotdamned SHOULD be! But you know you will never acheive this so you would rather spend your weeknights playing scrabble with your mammoth wife making lean cuisine in the microwave for dinner while your retarded assed kids are building towers with mashpotatoes and singing some retarded teletubby sh1t.
^^lol,I know I'm a lil' more realistic though so my goals aren't too far-fethced.

I said that cuz that's the way most of us will end up though.

Personally i'm working hard to avoid that scenario.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Join the French Foreign Legion. Get paid more than a doctor, and instead of trying to get to Corsica as your post, ask for somewhere more adventurous

2) Become a freelance reporter, go to war-torn countries like Rwanda and Sudan and Leone, and write up amazing stories

3) Start your own business in the most competitive, rapid-changing field. Make enormous risks, never worry about whether you'll make it, and just jump as high as you can

4) Or sit there wondering what life is about.